Author Topic: The Car Thread  (Read 276976 times)

Offline Anderson

• General Member
Re: The Car Thread
« Reply #6325 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 01:59:29 PM »
What's my best bet for getting a replacement wing mirror fitted? Went down this morning the one on the side parked by the pavement's been smashed off. Evidently some scally's taken exception to it while walking by. :lol:

Will I need to go to a dealer, or could a garage potentially sort it out for me? Need it done by Thursday at the absolute latest.

Know of a decent garage in North Shields that done mine for half the price of other places last year if that's close to you?

Moving back from Liverpool to Newcastle Thursday, so was ideally looking to get it done before that drive, but looking fanciful atm.

Wouldn't care, had cars parked on the street in the city centre here for 4 years without issue (except getting my plates nicked once) and this happens on the last weekend. Typical. :lol:
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #6326 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 05:25:12 PM »
Some utter chief decided to kick a wing mirror off every car in our street a few years back.  Had a Toyota back then and my wing mirror survived his attempts.  Just a dusty boot print to show for his efforts :lol: 

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #6327 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:22:11 PM »
Some utter chief decided to kick a wing mirror off every car in our street a few years back.  Had a Toyota back then and my wing mirror survived his attempts.  Just a dusty boot print to show for his efforts :lol:

You really were lucky then. My old Corolla had its wing mirror writhed off by some charva scum a few years back and I could only get a  replacement by paying an arm and a leg to the main dealer.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6328 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 05:06:40 PM »
M4 is back at BMW as the park assist has failed ffs. Never buying a BMW again.

Get rid, new car having so many issues?

Looks like the next C63 AMG won’t be a V8 and more than likely the rest of the entire AMG line won’t be either soon after which is a shame, but not surprising. Here’s to artificial exhaust noises and no more V8s....
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6329 on: Tuesday 29 October 2019, 05:08:01 PM »

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6330 on: Sunday 17 November 2019, 03:55:26 PM »
Bored of the E63, had it 2 years now, looking to downgrade, maybe an S63, got my eye on one that was a mouth watering 140k new with 19k options added by the new owner. 4 seats though! Emailed the car dealer to see what kind of part ex price I’ll get for mine, I know I’m gonna take a massive hit, not as big as whoever first bought the S63 though. It’s up for just under 50k, 14 plate same as mine. 2 year tier one MB warranty 2k will need to be purchased, mine come with it free and I’ve recently had 1.7k of warranty work done so it’s a must. Even more so on an S class. Watch this space. Probably end in a divorce like, but hey... :lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6331 on: Saturday 23 November 2019, 09:09:36 AM »
Anybody ever had an Infinity Q30 ? I was doing some work for Nissan and the guys there said they haven't sold at all in the UK so you can get one with crazy specs for a cracking price, this one seems like a bargin

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911204564608?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=dh96yz&price-to=12000&radius=200&make=INFINITI&sort=relevance&page=1
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #6332 on: Saturday 23 November 2019, 09:41:12 AM »
Anybody ever had an Infinity Q30 ? I was doing some work for Nissan and the guys there said they haven't sold at all in the UK so you can get one with crazy specs for a cracking price, this one seems like a bargin

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911204564608?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=dh96yz&price-to=12000&radius=200&make=INFINITI&sort=relevance&page=1

It’s basically a Mercedes a class underneath with a different interior and body.

There’s a bloke on the Pistonheads forum constantly raves on about infinity cars. Some of the bigger models look amazing value when a few years old even though they might be trendy

For example look at this, fast, economical, luxurious and only 7000 miles on the clock.  If I didn’t need an estate for dogs I would seriously consider something like this.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911174457619?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-desc&make=INFINITI&postcode=se62qr&price-from=16000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Hybrid%20–%20Petrol%2FElectric&radius=1500&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&maximum-mileage=80000&price-to=22500&page=1
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6333 on: Saturday 23 November 2019, 09:55:14 AM »

Infinity have pulled out of Western Europe so that's probably why.  All operations end early next year

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #6334 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 12:29:07 AM »
My uncle has an infinity, the big SUV. He’s a petrol head and with plenty of money. He currently has about 5 different cars, most of them for racing. His Infinity is used for most day to day activities, and he’s very impressed with. He says it’s one of the best built cars he’s had.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #6335 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
Infinity is an upmarket Nissan like Lexus is an upmarket Toyota. A huge number of car buying (or leasing) people in the UK are more interested in the brand name than anything else so they go for Mercedes, BMW or Audi when they want a saloon car. BMW 3 series outsold the Ford Mondeo in the UK back in the days you actually had to buy a car outright.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #6336 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 03:16:19 PM »

It’s basically a Mercedes a class underneath with a different interior and body.

There’s a bloke on the Pistonheads forum constantly raves on about infinity cars. Some of the bigger models look amazing value when a few years old even though they might be trendy

For example look at this, fast, economical, luxurious and only 7000 miles on the clock.  If I didn’t need an estate for dogs I would seriously consider something like this.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911174457619?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-desc&make=INFINITI&postcode=se62qr&price-from=16000&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Hybrid%20–%20Petrol%2FElectric&radius=1500&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&maximum-mileage=80000&price-to=22500&page=1

Didn’t know that, it looks better than an A Class and the build quality is probably equally or better too. Lot of car for the money.

Enquired about the S63 I had my eye on. Can I come and view it, well the boss is driving it at the moment, you’d have to leave a non refundable deposit and it can only be viewed out of office hours at his home address or we can meet you. We don’t keep our top stock on site. How many owners? We don’t know until we get the log book from the DVLA. I knew from my own checks of course, I just wanted to se what they knew about the car. Seems large gaps in MOT/Service history too. Probably a gangsters car!

There are some right dodgy so-called dealers around selling straight from their own house front door it seems. Knew it was too good to be true at that price, perfect colour, spec and age/mileage I’d want if I’m to get one too.

Stick to prestige dealers or main MB dealers only Chris!

Edit: Appears it’s been sold/or the listing was removed  :rolleyes:

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #6337 on: Sunday 24 November 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
Just placed an order on a Nissan Leaf.

In terms of range and infrastructure the time is right and in addition to environment it’s going to save us £350 a month plus take us right away from the Clean Air charges that are coming to most cities.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #6338 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 12:38:30 AM »
Looked at that 16 grand Q30 and it was nearly 3k for insurance. s*** the bed.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6339 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 06:42:24 AM »
Looked at that 16 grand Q30 and it was nearly 3k for insurance. s*** the bed.

£353 for me, I think I might go and have a test drive.

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #6340 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 05:25:06 PM »
Whats the best spec and year you should be looking at on a q30

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6341 on: Monday 25 November 2019, 06:06:57 PM »
I'm looking at a 2017 SE business executive

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #6342 on: Saturday 30 November 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
Anybody been to test drive or brought a Q30 then? I like the q50 but that's far to much