Author Topic: Things you think are sh*t...that you're supposed to like  (Read 184522 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Things you think are sh*t...that you're supposed to like
« Reply #5175 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
Ah really? Think he's alright. I've stopped listening to all football podcasts this season though.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #5176 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 10:40:34 AM »
I find the Football Ramble altogether quite hard work. It's very loud and wacky.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5177 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
I just find Pete incredibly unfunny and feels like he's only on the show because he's so zany.

I can't claim to have listened to the Ramble since the start but it feels like it's just the Luke show most of the time

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5178 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 10:50:18 AM »
Haven't listed to the Ramble in age. Four lads who love football so much they never went unless it was on a freebie.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #5179 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
I find the Football Ramble altogether quite hard work. It's very loud and wacky.

It's better than it used to be I think, I hated that comedy bit they used to do at the start. Agree with Joey, Pete's the one who rarely says anything interesting or insightful.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #5180 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 12:05:24 PM »

It's better than it used to be I think, I hated that comedy bit they used to do at the start. Agree with Joey, Pete's the one who rarely says anything interesting or insightful.

Oddly, I find his take on things pretty interesting and spot on when he's actually watched the game they're talking about. That only seems to be once in a blue moon these days, though. Would like to hear him on OTC where it's a bit more calm and thoughtful.

Better than Luke who seems to be going full on into TalkSport mode by finding a popular opinion and saying the opposite just to have something different to say.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5181 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 12:17:28 PM »
Punditry in general is one of the worst things about football (and sport TBH). I don't miss it at all.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #5182 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 12:17:33 PM »
I know I'm a total broken record on this but folks really need to listen to Set Piece Menu if they a want proper, insightful, intelligent football podcast. Discusses issues rather than 'the week', but stays up to date. I've never come across anything that comes close in terms of quality (or humour, tbh... although I do love James Richardson (Totally Football Show) and Barry Glendenning (Guardian))

I think that's the fourth thread I've mentioned SPM in so I'll stop banging on about it now, I promise.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5183 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 12:20:39 PM »
I listened to one the other day, it was good. I really don't want to hear about the weekly Sky Sports narrative at all, so if that's not so big it's great.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #5184 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 12:46:14 PM »
I listen to the ramble for hopefully a few laughs rather than football analysis so I really like Pete. The email section is generally the funniest bit. I also always listen to The Luke and Pete Show.

Probably in the minority but I couldn't handle listening to serious analysis of the issues of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc. every week without any humour attached to it.

On the Continent is the best show they have though because they are generally talking about different things each week. Some of the greatest games episodes on the Saturday have been good too, particularly the Milan game with James Horncastle

Second Captains is my favourite football podcast but that's maybe because I've been listening to Ken Early since I was about 15 and would listen to him talk about anything
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5185 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 01:41:26 PM »
I know I'm a total broken record on this but folks really need to listen to Set Piece Menu if they a want proper, insightful, intelligent football podcast. Discusses issues rather than 'the week', but stays up to date. I've never come across anything that comes close in terms of quality (or humour, tbh... although I do love James Richardson (Totally Football Show) and Barry Glendenning (Guardian))

I think that's the fourth thread I've mentioned SPM in so I'll stop banging on about it now, I promise.

Just listened to the most recent one; not a fan of that posh c*** but it's a nice set up. Pretty much agree with Rory Smith on everything to do with football though so that helps.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5186 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 11:31:18 PM »
Haven't listed to the Ramble in age. Four lads who love football so much they never went unless it was on a freebie.

That seems harsh to me. I enjoy it, you can absolutely level faults but you can't deny they are genuine fans imho.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5187 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 12:26:20 AM »

That seems harsh to me. I enjoy it, you can absolutely level faults but you can't deny they are genuine fans imho.

It is harsh but even in the early days before they were making money off it they rarely went to a game and if they did do so all their opinions referenced said game they attended and were heavily based on being to that rare game. They’re the classic modern day PL fan and tbh have exploited it brilliantly.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #5188 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 12:26:55 AM »
Disco.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5189 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 12:30:02 AM »

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #5190 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 12:31:46 AM »
Awww shii...thought you had me on ignore.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #5191 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 11:41:31 PM »
Must admit, I listen to loads of football pods but Ramble hasn't been one of them for years. Pete, Luke and Marcus are hard to like..... although I suppose Marcus is a decent presenter and I do like 'On the Continent'.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5192 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 11:57:29 PM »
I'm really enjoying The Jules & Andy show on the Ramble feed. It's more a gentle conversation and they longer about specific things rather than trying to cover everything. Definitely recommend it.
Bearings Straight!

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #5193 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:07:39 PM »
Ordering 4 or 5 items from the Chinese and hoying it all on the same plate.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5194 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:22:34 PM »
What? 4 or 5 mains?

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #5195 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:36:37 PM »
Aye. Absolute animals.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #5196 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
Fireworks. Entertainment for morons.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #5197 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 12:27:27 PM »
I'm a moron.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #5198 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 12:28:50 PM »
I'm starting to feel quite 'political' about fireworks. Bonfire night is perfectly fine but I think it's wrong that they're for sale so easily and so many nights beforehand. Some animals are genuinely terrified and if you live in an urban area you've got fireworks every night for at least two weeks.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5199 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
It’s wasn’t as bad in south London this year, maybe people can’t afford as many as usual. A lot of years it’s been like living in a war zone for the week before.