Author Topic: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread  (Read 224274 times)

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
Re: Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread
« Reply #4575 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 11:17:43 AM »
They're pretty bright, but then you can obviously choose how many you switch on accordingly. Got 10 plus a UK adapter from Aliexpress for 40 quid. One of the 10 didn't work but they're shipping me a replacement without having to send that one back.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #4576 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 11:19:24 AM »
:thup:

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #4577 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 08:27:18 PM »
Next casual clothing irrationality bugs me. So mediocre and middle of the road. The older equivalent of the River Island, Top Man, H&M etc s****. Uninspired, unoriginal and for those who have just stopped caring.

Work shirts get a pass though.

Yep, they're s****.

Today I bought a Hilfiger shirt for £30 - the quality is no less than Next's, with roughly the same price, but clearly better aesthetically.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #4578 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 11:44:29 PM »
Next casual clothing irrationality bugs me. So mediocre and middle of the road. The older equivalent of the River Island, Top Man, H&M etc s****. Uninspired, unoriginal and for those who have just stopped caring.

Yep, they're s****.

Today I bought a Hilfiger shirt for £30 - the quality is no less than Next's, with roughly the same price, but clearly better aesthetically.

Damn straight. I could buy a Ma Strum polo on sale for 20 or so more but the logo and pinch well fitted design around my well shaped shoulders chest and tight waist fits better for longer.

I still own RL FP LC HB SI CP  etc that fits and looks new, several years later.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #4579 on: Sunday 27 October 2019, 02:17:21 AM »

Yep, they're s****.

Damn straight. I could buy a Ma Strum polo on sale for 20 or so more but the logo and pinch well fitted design around my well shaped shoulders chest and tight waist fits better for longer.

I still own RL FP LC HB SI CP  etc that fits and looks new, several years later.

If you're after stuff like that just use taobao. A SI jumper will set you back £20 and it's identical to retail other than the certi logo won't work properly.

Ive used my £30 ultra boosts from there as gym shoes for 2 years now and there still perfect

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #4580 on: Sunday 27 October 2019, 08:05:48 AM »
Just had a peak on that site and now I feel nauseous.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #4581 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 02:10:59 PM »

These are sold out online (and selling for 60 quid on ebay) but there's still loads in Boots in Eldon if you either a) want to give someone a nice advent calendar or b) want to cannibalise it for cheap presents.

Also those Xiaomi Airdots for under 13 quid with a code.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/original-xiaomi-redmi-airdots-tws-bluetooth-wireless-earphones-1299-at-gearbest-3317983

And some free jerky.
https://www.jacklinks.online/free-samples/

« Last Edit: Monday 28 October 2019, 02:27:27 PM by BlueStar »

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #4582 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 03:08:07 PM »

These are sold out online (and selling for 60 quid on ebay) but there's still loads in Boots in Eldon if you either a) want to give someone a nice advent calendar or b) want to cannibalise it for cheap presents.

Also those Xiaomi Airdots for under 13 quid with a code.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/original-xiaomi-redmi-airdots-tws-bluetooth-wireless-earphones-1299-at-gearbest-3317983

And some free jerky.
https://www.jacklinks.online/free-samples/

You got a VAT number I could borrow like?

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #4583 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 03:24:26 PM »
Uniqlo makes up way too much of my wardrobe. The oxford shirts are decent, Gap ones are actually alright as well.

I'd second the Uniqlo option.
Good quality - selvedge - jeans for just over £30. Good insulated warm jackets.
Also, like the guys have said, good shirts for a reasonable price.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #4584 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:10:14 PM »

You got a VAT number I could borrow like?

Aw, they've added that.  Didn't ask me last week.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4585 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 04:19:13 PM »

Yep, they're s****.

Should I know what any of that means?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #4586 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:44:40 PM »
Amazon are offering an Echo Dot 3rd Gen for 99p if you sign up for one month of Amazon Music for 7.99, so thought I might as well. Will cancel after the first month.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #4587 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:48:55 PM »
A drunk purchase of a 60" TV that showed up today and doesn't fit on anything or anywhere. Nice telly though.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #4588 on: Tuesday 5 November 2019, 06:47:33 AM »
Worth £5 of anyones money for christmas partys

?s=20
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #4589 on: Tuesday 5 November 2019, 08:43:11 AM »

Offline TBG