Author Topic: The Reserves & Academy Thread - Beardsley banned for racism and abuse  (Read 579426 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: The Reserves & Academy Thread
« Reply #9550 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
Grown men complaining about f*** all twitter.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #9551 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 12:26:40 PM »
That photo means nowt without the full knowledge of what was said, the Morpeth could have took the p*ss out of our player to get a reaction, if that's even the reaction they're saying it is.

I read a few comments from people at the game suggesting that's exactly what happened- the photo doesn't say much admittedly.

Has happened a few times in Senior Cup games over the years, then a few years down the line they are playing for Benfield.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #9552 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
They talked about this briefly on talksport and SHOCK HORROR they were all in support of Beardsley, saying that "you can't talk to kids like you used to in this politically correct environment" "they've lost a great mind". Utter bollocks.  :lol:

If I was to guess.

Club agreed to keep Beardsley's reputation intact, and not mention the investigations into discrimination/racist behaviour.
Beardsley agreed not to publicly bring up any internal grievances or sue for unfair dismissal.

All players involved have since been released by the club too, strangely.

'Both win' - Beardsley isn't a racist, club never employed a racist. Simply Beardsley no longer works for the club and is free to find work else where, with a glowing letter of recommendation on NUFC Letter head, signed by Lee Charnley himself.

You can imagine.

Aye. Let's suppose it came to light the club had a horrible history of bullying and mishandling of internal grievances and cases of depression, I'm sure that's something they wouldn't want the FA, PFA, or any of the charity groups that work with the club's Foundation to know about.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #9553 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 12:52:28 PM »

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #9554 on: Thursday 7 March 2019, 01:09:56 PM »
That photo means nowt without the full knowledge of what was said, the Morpeth could have took the p*ss out of our player to get a reaction, if that's even the reaction they're saying it is.

I read a few comments from people at the game suggesting that's exactly what happened- the photo doesn't say much admittedly.

Has happened a few times in Senior Cup games over the years, then a few years down the line they are playing for Benfield.

Fuss over nowt in the end.

Offline Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #9556 on: Friday 8 March 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
?s=20

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #9557 on: Friday 8 March 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
It happen?

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #9558 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 08:16:57 PM »

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #9560 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 07:35:36 AM »
Difficult read, that. Beardsley sounds like an utter c***.
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #9561 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 07:40:37 AM »
f***ing hell, how was he allowed to be in charge for so long? not like he was achieving any decent results either.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #9562 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
Has Harper joined the Northern Ireland coaching staff? His Tweets suggest it but can’t see anything for definite.
?s=21

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #9563 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
Actually just found this.

?s=21
?s=21

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #9564 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 10:10:39 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6796963/Ross-Gardner-says-one-Peter-Beardsleys-bullying-victims.html

None of Beardsley’s former team-mates, players or coaching colleagues have come out in support of him since he was suspended last January. There have long been allegations about his unpopularity and the impact his negativity has on players.

Well that's a bit damning

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #9565 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 03:52:10 PM »

Online morla84

• General Member
« Reply #9566 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 06:16:28 PM »
And under 23s coach

Offline Toon No9

• General Member
« Reply #9567 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 09:12:08 PM »
Would love to have Steve Watson as the new U23 coach and Lee Clark to be part of the staff as well.

Online morla84

• General Member
« Reply #9568 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 09:18:20 PM »
Wouldnt surprise me if shola got one of the positions imo folks

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #9569 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
I assume the under 23 coach isn't to replace Dawson? We'd be mad to ditch him after the work he's done.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #9570 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
I assume the under 23 coach isn't to replace Dawson? We'd be mad to ditch him after the work he's done.

He's being promoted - from the article:

Ben Dawson is also set to step up his role and move into a technical position overseeing other coaches.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #9571 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 04:36:15 AM »
Would love to have Steve Watson as the new U23 coach and Lee Clark to be part of the staff as well.

Why?
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline NobbyOhNobby

• General Member
« Reply #9572 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:42:51 AM »

Why?
It's worked well having ex-players coaching our young players before...

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #9573 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
Lee Clark is a fat, drunk mess. He'll never work in football again.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #9574 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 01:19:01 PM »
If we can keep Ben Dawson, Liam Bramley and Neil Winskill together we'll have a great core of coaches focused on coach development as well as player development. They won't allow standards to drop.