Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 258703 times)

Offline captainhaircut

• General Member
Re: Tennis Fans
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
Tsonga is a good outside bet to win. Played really well against an excellent clay courter in Monaco and with the crowd behind him he may do it.

I can see Federer choking tbh. This is his big big chance.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 05:23:40 PM »
I have £5 on Tsonga to win it. The odds were just too good.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
Tsonga is a good outside bet to win. Played really well against an excellent clay courter in Monaco and with the crowd behind him he may do it.

Why would Federer choke? He just beat Nadal two weeks ago. He's not playing his best tennis right now, losing a set here and there, but as long as gets to the final, that's okay. Djokovic, someone who I thought could beat him in the semis, is out so his side of the draw is now free.

I think Tsonga will give Federer some trouble, but if he loses to Del Potro tomorrow then you can book Federer for the final.

Offline captainhaircut

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 05:56:56 PM »

Why would Federer choke? He just beat Nadal two weeks ago. He's not playing his best tennis right now, losing a set here and there, but as long as gets to the final, that's okay. Djokovic, someone who I thought could beat him in the semis, is out so his side of the draw is now free.

I think Tsonga will give Federer some trouble, but if he loses to Del Potro tomorrow then you can book Federer for the final.

Don't get me wrong, I love Federer. However, he's getting increasingly desperate and frustrated. He wouldn't beat Murray imo. Murray would frustrate him and Fed would beat himself. Tsonga would challenge him but Fed would beat him.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
Murray? Murray hasn't won 5 matches in a row on clay in his whole career. Murray's not winning the French.

The frenchies will give Federer trouble (Monfils if he beats Roddick tomorrow, and Tsonga in the semis). I fancy Gonzalez to beat Murray.

Offline captainhaircut

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
Murray? Murray hasn't won 5 matches in a row on clay in his whole career. Murray's not winning the French.

The frenchies will give Federer trouble (Monfils if he beats Roddick tomorrow, and Tsonga in the semis). I fancy Gonzalez to beat Murray.

I see your point but I think Murray has a shot. Gonzalez is as erratic as they come. He's there for the taking and always is. Its doubtful Murray would beat Davydenko though, unless the Russian has some money on it. Murray would beat Federer if he did somehow make the final.

Shotmakers like Monfils and Tsonga won't beat Fed at the clay for me. He's too smooth around the court and can out do them in terms of shotmaking. Its the baseliners who will do him. The manner in which Federer played against Acususo was very worrying.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
By the way, best thing about Soderling beating Nadal is that they really don't like each other.

And Nadal just whooped him 6-1, 6-0 a month or ago in which Soderling tried to cheat for a point. Must be tough for Rafa to lose on any occasion but to lose to Soderling must be f***ing awful.

Offline TêteDeMaure

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
Rocked to my socks. WTF is going on?

Murray should be licking his fingers at this, but when anything goes for him, he cocks up.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Murray should be licking his fingers at this, but when anything goes for him, he cocks up.

Bit harsh. The only time he's lost pretty unexpectedly when it matters over the past 18 months was when he lost in the Australian Open.
?s=21

Offline Oakie Doke

• General Member
  • the friendliest of folk
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
Tsonga is Charles N'Zogbia's cousin.

Offline TêteDeMaure

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 31 May 2009, 07:20:10 PM »

Bit harsh. The only time he's lost pretty unexpectedly when it matters over the past 18 months was when he lost in the Australian Open.

I'm talking his whole career. He never seems to get beaten by a small margin when he has a good chance.

Starting from 08 Australian open he went out in the first round, 3rd in the French, Quarters at Wimbledon in which he was destroyed, US Open final destroyed, Australian 09 4th round.

Absolutely unbelievable chance for him, if Federer gets knocked out, i fancy him to win it, don't want/expect him to however.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #36 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 09:18:28 AM »
Really interested in the French for the first time in years now. Huge number of players who could win it.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 12:25:48 PM »
Haas takes the first set 7-6. God damnit, Federer.

Offline Slugsy

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 12:27:42 PM »

I'm a Murray fan but agree with you on this, he does tend to c*ck up the open goals.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 01:00:34 PM »
Haas up two sets to love....

Offline SUPERTOON

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 02:12:48 PM »
2 sets all into the 5th

Come on Haas

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
Fed wins.

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 03:45:34 PM »

Who still plays for us according to the commentators

Offline Oakie Doke

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 05:47:26 PM »

Who still plays for us according to the commentators
they certainly both have the same miserable expression.

Offline captainhaircut

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 07:21:15 PM »
Well that shows how much I know. Tsonga deservedly battered by Del Potro.

Btw, any Federer fans out there should have a look at his facebook fan page. He updates it regularly and has posted videos as well. Bit sad but whatever, I'm a fanboy.

Offline Magpie

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday 1 June 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
To all male tennis fans!!

Offline Oakie Doke

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 2 June 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
I think Murray will get knocked out today  :sadnod:

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 2 June 2009, 02:09:10 PM »
To all male tennis fans!!

Bloody hell.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 2 June 2009, 02:10:48 PM »

I know it's old but it's good.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 2 June 2009, 04:04:12 PM by Pilko »

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 2 June 2009, 02:28:26 PM »
Hadn't seen it before :lol: