Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 340003 times)

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9600 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 08:35:01 AM »
Starting that couch potato to 5k thing tomorrow after work.

I've just finished day 3 there. I have absolutely nee idea how people enjoy running!

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9601 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:09:27 AM »
Starting that couch potato to 5k thing tomorrow after work.

I've just finished day 3 there. I have absolutely nee idea how people enjoy running!

Running on the roads is hell. I don't understand how people like it either. :lol:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9602 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:28:28 AM »
Once it clicks and the focus outweighs the pain it gets fun. I needed to be running regular 10k to get to that though, which I couldn't be bothered to continue with.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9603 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
I prefer running at the gym tbf. I love watching a live footy match at gym and running. Find it very motivating.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9604 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:01:52 AM »
Anyone up for a forum challenge? Me and the wife have been trying to do this 500 rep challenge (no equipment required)

We break the 100 reps down into sets of 25 to make it bit more manageable.

Have only managed 375 so far before dying in a sweaty heap (so 3 sets of each) and best time is 13:47 - anyone beat that??

ps should point out, that isn't us in the video :lol:

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #9605 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
Going to be so out of shape after this is over.  I've never particularly enjoyed cardio work unless it's sport based, so most of my exercise came from lifting weights at the gym.  So I'm f***ed unless I learn to love running and press ups...

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #9606 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:17:21 AM »
Going to be so out of shape after this is over.  I've never particularly enjoyed cardio work unless it's sport based, so most of my exercise came from lifting weights at the gym.  So I'm f***ed unless I learn to love running and press ups...

Walk for about 1:30 to 2 hours each day. You will come out the other side is prime physical shape. (providing your diet is in check)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9607 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:24:55 AM »
I need to make my walks longer, been doing under an hour so far. I don't do much cardio normally except football and walking.

I think diet's going to be the most important thing.

• General Member
« Reply #9608 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
I need to make my walks longer, been doing under an hour so far. I don't do much cardio normally except football and walking.

I think diet's going to be the most important thing.

Indeed, always the case  :)

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #9609 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:27:34 AM »

Walk for about 1:30 to 2 hours each day. You will come out the other side is prime physical shape. (providing your diet is in check)

Definitely going to try and get a a regime in place.  1.30 to 2 hours walking a day sounds ambitious, but I definitely need a routine.

• General Member
« Reply #9610 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:30:33 AM »

Definitely going to try and get a a regime in place.  1.30 to 2 hours walking a day sounds ambitious, but I definitely need a routine.

Give it a go  :) The great thing about walking is that it doesn't increase hunger as much as other forms of exercise, you can do it daily without too much physical impact on the body and it offers other health benefits for the mind.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9611 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:00:05 AM »

How long you been doing that for? And whats you current diet? You put any weights in a bag or owt when walking?

• General Member
« Reply #9612 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:13:03 AM »

How long you been doing that for? And whats you current diet? You put any weights in a bag or owt when walking?

I've been doing 10 miles per day (approx 3 hours 30 walking) since being put on leave at the beginning of the week. Current diet is about 2,200-2,300 calories per day made up with veg, fruit, nuts, lentils, porridge oats and occasionally some bread. I supplement B12. No weights in my bag, just a 1.5l bottle of water.

Probably best to judge this routine from back before I was working at an office not able to move quite this much. About a year or so ago I was walking 6-7 miles per day following a similar diet to the above. I done it for 4 months straight no cheating, no rest days, no strolling whilst walking etc and was in the best shape I've ever been in. Interested to see where it gets me this time, whilst likely a shorter time frame (1 month let's say) whilst ramping up the step count to make the most out of a single walk.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9613 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 11:26:07 AM »

I've been doing 10 miles per day (approx 3 hours 30 walking) since being put on leave at the beginning of the week. Current diet is about 2,200-2,300 calories per day made up with veg, fruit, nuts, lentils, porridge oats and occasionally some bread. I supplement B12. No weights in my bag, just a 1.5l bottle of water.

Probably best to judge this routine from back before I was working at an office not able to move quite this much. About a year or so ago I was walking 6-7 miles per day following a similar diet to the above. I done it for 4 months straight no cheating, no rest days, no strolling whilst walking etc and was in the best shape I've ever been in. Interested to see where it gets me this time, whilst likely a shorter time frame (1 month let's say) whilst ramping up the step count to make the most out of a single walk.

Canny. You hike?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9614 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 04:34:51 PM »
Been in desperate need to lose some weight for a while but I’m down 3kgs since ye olde lockdown. Don’t eat anywhere near as much as I would going to work and going for a good hour+ walk daily.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #9615 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 04:51:48 PM »
Aye I'm doing great in Lockdown, mid sized walk, decent run/kettlebell workout every day plus barely any boredom eating like I do at work. Think I've lost a few Kg already. Was needed mind.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #9616 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 05:34:04 PM »
Complete opposite for me and wuh lass. Think we both had an epiphany last night and were like, nah, we'll be rolling back to the office at this rate.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9617 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 05:53:06 PM »
Run 5 of the couch to 5k app. Hardest one yet. Running is absolutely s****.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #9618 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
Complete opposite for me and wuh lass. Think we both had an epiphany last night and were like, nah, we'll be rolling back to the office at this rate.

:lol: Channeling Brucie in weight gains and vocabulary I see.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Online Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #9619 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
I'm getting major gym withdrawals. So jealous of people who have proper home gyms.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9620 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:02:16 PM »
I'm getting major gym withdrawals. So jealous of people who have proper home gyms.

Should have made better friends, I'm learning. I've got some loose stuff but no rack. Should have bought a f***ing rack. Skeletor we gotta get us some f***ing racks, man.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #9621 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:03:25 PM »

:lol: Channeling Brucie in weight gains and vocabulary I see.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9622 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
Once I've eaten all the s**** I bought I'm gonna go on a fast, I figure. Assuming everything goes well with family s*** and I don't eat feelings. If it's just a lockdown I can fugue out and be a monk for a week.

Online Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #9623 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:07:37 PM »

Should have made better friends, I'm learning. I've got some loose stuff but no rack. Should have bought a f***ing rack. Skeletor we gotta get us some f***ing racks, man.

Maybe we should start a new business. "f***ing rack...buy it OH YEAH!" Just a shame Macho Man Randy Savage isn't around for the commercials.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9624 on: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 07:23:24 PM »

Maybe we should start a new business. "f***ing rack...buy it OH YEAH!" Just a shame Macho Man Randy Savage isn't around for the commercials.

:lol: I'll whiteface him in the ads.