Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 353919 times)

P_tree1, Bizza, CFlan, Elliottman, Infinitely Content (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9925 on: Thursday 9 July 2020, 07:23:24 PM »
I've been back in the gym this week. Have to book in advance but once you're in there everybody seems pretty good about cleaning stuff after them and generally giving space
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

chopey

« Reply #9926 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
Probably going to look like a right tit here but if I buy one of these fitness tracker watches do I need my phone with me at all times as well.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9927 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:04:34 AM »
Probably going to look like a right tit here but if I buy one of these fitness tracker watches do I need my phone with me at all times as well.

No, it will sync with your phone next time it's back in range.

chopey

« Reply #9928 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:15:49 AM »

Cheers, any suggestions of which one to buy that doesn't break the bank

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #9929 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:27:28 AM »
They're really good for tracking GPS and time and all that, but they're notoriously awful for giving an accurate calorie count. Skip it if that's the main thing you want it for. They're miles out.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #9930 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:34:31 AM »

Cheers, any suggestions of which one to buy that doesn't break the bank

The Fitbit charge series is meant to have the most accurate heart rate monitor. It doesn’t do much else like a lot of smart watches but I’ve found it useful. You then sync the data with the app that gives you all sorts of info on your workouts. The charge ones are the cheaper ones too. I think mine is a charge 2 and it’s fine with weight training even if I’m wearing straps or wrist supports.

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • CAROL!
« Reply #9931 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:53:30 AM »
On the subject of watches I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 910XT. I no longer have the charger and I’m moving to Abu Dhabi in 4 weeks.

For a tiny fee and postage covered is anyone interested? I’ll throw in a heart strap because I’m lovely.

chopey

« Reply #9932 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Will all fitness trackers sync with myfitnesspal ?

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
« Reply #9933 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 11:59:02 AM »
On the subject of watches I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 910XT. I no longer have the charger and I’m moving to Abu Dhabi in 4 weeks.

For a tiny fee and postage covered is anyone interested? I’ll throw in a heart strap because I’m lovely.

What's the damage?

EDIT: Out of my price range actually. :lol: Checked it online.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #9934 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 12:22:07 PM »
Will all fitness trackers sync with myfitnesspal ?

Not sure about all but most do I think. Fitbits do and I think my wife’s Apple watch does as well.

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • CAROL!
« Reply #9935 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 01:05:45 PM »

What's the damage?

EDIT: Out of my price range actually. :lol: Checked it online.

:lol: £25 and postage covered. Replacement charger will set you back about £15.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #9936 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 01:20:50 PM »
I'd be interested if it's still going?

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #9937 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 02:38:47 PM »
Nearly down 14kg now.

The strangest thing is happening. I'm on week 4 of couch to 5k and my legs get tired before my respiritory system. It has always been my hear and lungs give out before the muscles but I'm finding it quite effortless from a breathing point of view. Which is good I assume as they say you should be able to hold a conversation, which I could now!

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #9938 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 03:55:17 PM »
14kg is impressive mind, I’ve only done 9 so far. Had a bit of a plateau and lost motivation a bit, but I still didn’t put any back on, so that’s good.

Just need a push for the last 5 or 6 

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9939 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 07:22:15 PM »
Nearly down 14kg now.

The strangest thing is happening. I'm on week 4 of couch to 5k and my legs get tired before my respiritory system. It has always been my hear and lungs give out before the muscles but I'm finding it quite effortless from a breathing point of view. Which is good I assume as they say you should be able to hold a conversation, which I could now!

That's exactly what happened to me when I did the couch to 5k app.

Even on the first week where you ran for a minute and rested for 1.5 minutes I felt like my lungs were about to cave in and always felt I was struggling for breath. Now it's just my legs getting tired.

I'm halfway through the 5k to 10k app but I've put that on hold until I get my sciatica sorted, just doing a 5-10k walk Monday-Friday atm.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #9940 on: Friday 10 July 2020, 09:20:30 PM »
Nearly down 14kg now.

That's exactly what happened to me when I did the couch to 5k app.

Even on the first week where you ran for a minute and rested for 1.5 minutes I felt like my lungs were about to cave in and always felt I was struggling for breath. Now it's just my legs getting tired.

I'm halfway through the 5k to 10k app but I've put that on hold until I get my sciatica sorted, just doing a 5-10k walk Monday-Friday atm.

It's actually mad. I thought I'd done a s*** job on my last run and I went 0.25k further than my last run!

Good stuff :)

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #9941 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 09:49:14 AM »
I’ve quietly managed to get back into the gym I used to work at for the last 2-3 weeks but wow did it feel good this morning training in a gym with people in it again and seeing friends. You forget how much benefit you get from the social side of it - especially if it’s a small gym type of community. It’s going to be a long road back lifting any decent weight though!

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #9942 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 09:54:31 AM »
Ran week 5 day 3 the other day. Down 16kg now. Nearly at my pre children weight.

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #9943 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 11:03:55 AM »
Ran week 5 day 3 the other day. Down 16kg now. Nearly at my pre children weight.

I’m at the same stage myself. Is there a worse sound than “beeeep start running”? :lol:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #9944 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 11:23:11 AM »
Gym is open today. Geet in.

Going to head down soon. Need to get my routine back.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #9945 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 04:41:43 PM »
First gym session in 4 months

'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Tiotes Witch Doctor

• General Member
« Reply #9946 on: Saturday 25 July 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
I recommend the Huawei Honor Band 5 for a cheap fitness watch with good accuracy, £30 and it's far better than the £140 fit-bit I sent back for being ludicrously inaccurate. The reviews on Amazon say it all, bargain for the price.

Lost 21lbs since April 16th and chuffed with it, still carrying quite a bit of fat around the belly area, which is notoriously hard to shift for blokes, just doesn't seem to go anywhere, anyone pushed through a plateau and lost that last stubborn belly fat?

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #9947 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 09:43:53 AM »
Walked to gym and back yesterday (1 hour total listening to podcast). Did 30 mins cross trainer. 30 mins running. Did some chest weights. Was knackered after but needed it. Just about to go again now.

My gym is large so all machines distanced. Plenty of hand sanitizer, wasn't that busy and everyone was wiping down machines after.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #9948 on: Sunday 26 July 2020, 09:15:58 PM »
Almost running 5k in one go now in week 6 of couch to 5k. It's more a mental than physical challenge now. Going to swap to hiit style intervals once I finish the program.

Getting close to 17kg lost now since mid May. Feel like a different person. No more snoring, keeping up with the kids a little more.

Going to integrate a super beginner bodyweight workout on my alternate days. Looking at nerd fitness I can do most of the moves, but I'll need assisted lunges and knee pressups because I'm a weakass lump.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #9949 on: Yesterday at 03:54:14 PM »
Almost running 5k in one go now in week 6 of couch to 5k. It's more a mental than physical challenge now. Going to swap to hiit style intervals once I finish the program.

Getting close to 17kg lost now since mid May. Feel like a different person. No more snoring, keeping up with the kids a little more.

Going to integrate a super beginner bodyweight workout on my alternate days. Looking at nerd fitness I can do most of the moves, but I'll need assisted lunges and knee pressups because I'm a weakass lump.

That is unreal. Well done.