Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 339436 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9575 on: Sunday 22 March 2020, 04:43:19 PM »
:lol: Can I come over?

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9576 on: Sunday 22 March 2020, 04:43:31 PM »
f*** off.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9577 on: Sunday 22 March 2020, 06:44:45 PM »
:lol:

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #9578 on: Sunday 22 March 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
Great work mate.
Thanks.
It’s looking increasingly likely that I’m going to be housebound for the next 12 weeks. So I’m going to have to start doing something’s in the house instead.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #9579 on: Monday 23 March 2020, 12:55:19 PM »
I’m down to 93.3kg from 100kg at New Years.
Most of it has been through just changing my diet, though at work I do about 15,000 steps a day.
I am feeling much better for it. My constant heartburn is now virtually gone, my back feels lighter.
My face is much thinner now, in fact last week my glasses fell off due to the wind. I’m starting to get some shape around my stomach (hour glass figure), my jeans are far too big, and now I can wear a large sized T-shirt with room, instead of of an XL which made me look as fat as I was.
There is still a long way to go though.

You’ll be anorexic by the time the next Lockwood Cup comes around, good stuff though mate, keep it up :thup:
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9580 on: Monday 23 March 2020, 01:29:31 PM »
Without Costa and McDonalds I’ll be absolutely ripped by summer.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9581 on: Monday 23 March 2020, 02:00:36 PM »
Did day 1 of the Couch Potato-to-5k App.

Had set up my TRX last night but shoulder still in pain so going to leave that for a while.

Did some reading up on dead-hangs & how its good for grip strength, spinal decompression, shoulder injury recovery and stretching.

Managed to hold onto the pullup bar for just shy of 1 minute. Then attempted to do 3 sets of 45 seconds with 1 minute rest in between. Did 2 sets of 45 seconds and 3rd set I could only manage about 20 seconds before my arms felt like they were going to snap off.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #9582 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 07:30:43 AM »
Does anyone have  any experience with resistance bands workouts? My job has been entirely weight training based so I’m improvising from home. The lower/leg workouts I’ve put together seem decent enough to keep me going but the upper body stuff just doesn’t really cut it. I’m mega jealous of seemingly everyone on Instagram with a full home gym setup and I’ve got two 5kg dumbbells and my wife’s resistance band set 😐

My motivation to keep eating well, or more specifically, track macros has totally gone since this lockdown and no gym.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9583 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 07:58:24 AM »
There's some good stuff on here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCJKy5x4toLLhAuoU9EIyDA

You can usually double up on the bands as well to get more resistance if you need it, unless they're the ones with fixed handles.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #9584 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
First time I've worked out in over a week due to kids, work, beer etc. Back and bi's, man that felt good. Will be back at it 6 days a week. Might even occasionally hit the treadmill for some hiit work now and then.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9585 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 02:44:25 PM »
Day 2 of the Couch Potato-to-5k app. I must be running like a dipshit as I have an aching feeling at the very top of my back/spine when I'm done.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9586 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 02:56:01 PM »
Day 2 of the Couch Potato-to-5k app. I must be running like a dipshit as I have an aching feeling at the very top of my back/spine when I'm done.

Try consciously pushing your shoulders back and trying to keep your head up. Head being forward ahead of your chest becomes a massive weight and pulls on your spine. Did a bit of reading the other day.

It's really hard for me but feel good overall when I do it. Getting better times as well.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9587 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 03:00:10 PM »

Try consciously pushing your shoulders back and trying to keep your head up. Head being forward ahead of your chest becomes a massive weight and pulls on your spine. Did a bit of reading the other day.

It's really hard for me but feel good overall when I do it. Getting better times as well.

Will give it a go in the hallway when I get in from work and do a few laps

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #9588 on: Wednesday 25 March 2020, 04:21:07 PM »
There's some good stuff on here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCJKy5x4toLLhAuoU9EIyDA

You can usually double up on the bands as well to get more resistance if you need it, unless they're the ones with fixed handles.

Found a few from that cheers 👍

Still not massively new but it will have to do until I can get back in a gym.

« Reply #9589 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:27:50 AM »
I've got a google drive link all the beachbody insanity workouts if anyone is interested. I started a few days ago and it's rough as I remember.

Online Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #9590 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:39:34 AM »
Maintaining a fairly steady weight by eating well but my average step count is in the 300-400 day rate each day so need to get some exercise in.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9591 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
Maintaining a fairly steady weight by eating well but my average step count is in the 300-400 day rate each day so need to get some exercise in.

You not doing a daily walk?

I’ve had to dial the calories in quite carefully, changed the estimates to a sedentary lifestyle. Should be easy in theory given I’m eating all stuff I’m making myself. 

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #9592 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
I've got a google drive link all the beachbody insanity workouts if anyone is interested. I started a few days ago and it's rough as I remember.
Yes please mate
Bearings Straight!

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #9593 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
Bike. Fasting. Resistance Bands.

This is the second time Ive seen you say this. How often do you fast? I read "days at a time" earlier in the thread I'm sure. Is that right? What's the objective with the fasting?

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9594 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 11:04:18 AM »
Weight loss, fast track into ketosis. Three days gets you autophagy. Five days is the sweet spot but coming out smart is the biggest challenge for me.

Cant fast for s*** atm, combination of feeling lonely as f*** and boredom. [emoji38]

Online Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #9595 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:00:53 PM »

You not doing a daily walk?

I’ve had to dial the calories in quite carefully, changed the estimates to a sedentary lifestyle. Should be easy in theory given I’m eating all stuff I’m making myself. 

Not since Sunday but I will go out today for a short walk. I've got a bike and kettlebells too which will come in handy.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #9596 on: Thursday 26 March 2020, 12:25:49 PM »
Bike. Fasting. Resistance Bands.

This is the second time Ive seen you say this. How often do you fast? I read "days at a time" earlier in the thread I'm sure. Is that right? What's the objective with the fasting?

14-16 hours without eating is normally the sweet spot for fasting.

Even better if you can fit a workout in during that time

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • Newry, NI
« Reply #9597 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 04:53:58 AM »
Starting that couch potato to 5k thing tomorrow after work.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #9598 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 07:25:26 AM »

Sweet jesus, I remember doing the original insanity and that nearly ended me. Really done the trick though. Will deffo give this a bash on top of my weight training, could I have this please?

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9599 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 07:26:10 AM »
Aye I'll have that too please. Insanity was great, and awful.