Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 339506 times)

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9450 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
Cheers chaps will give this a go

Offline bovineblue

• General Member
« Reply #9451 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 09:44:25 PM »
Also Calf Raises. So annoying. I work out in my garage because I can't be arsed with people in the gym so I'm currently doing 5 sets of 12 while holding dumbbells but again I don't get the muscle pumping feeling. I've tried holding it once raised but it just feels like it's doing nothing.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-use-this-workout-to-build-your-puny-calves

Calves are stubborn little buggers though and a lot will come down to genetics. If you aren't feeling anything, you need more weight or more reps and pause at the top and bottom of the movement.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #9452 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 12:24:55 AM »
Gone from no exercise at all to 6 weeks of 5 days running 3km a night on a treadmill, feel fitter but never lost a pound.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9453 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 10:51:44 AM »
Can’t outrun a diet, that isn’t meant as a dig at all. But there is a phenomenon of people eating back calories after they exercise. Figure out your TDEE, eat under it and you’ll lose weight, Cardio or no Cardio.

https://tdeecalculator.net/

There’s loads of others too. Get kitchen scales and my fitness pal and track calories. It’s s*** and boring but it’s the only way

:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9454 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 10:54:26 AM »
Gone from no exercise at all to 6 weeks of 5 days running 3km a night on a treadmill, feel fitter but never lost a pound.
Exercise = fitness

Diet = weight

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9455 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 11:12:48 AM »
:lol: damn mike condensing my in depth post to two sentences
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #9456 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 11:35:34 AM »
[emoji38] Everything you said is legit, though. I was just being like a fortune cookie companion to your post.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #9457 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 09:02:37 AM »
Can’t outrun a diet, that isn’t meant as a dig at all. But there is a phenomenon of people eating back calories after they exercise. Figure out your TDEE, eat under it and you’ll lose weight, Cardio or no Cardio.

https://tdeecalculator.net/

There’s loads of others too. Get kitchen scales and my fitness pal and track calories. It’s s*** and boring but it’s the only way

Cheers for this, that app looks great, I'm a bit OCD so I've spent the morning scanning all my foods barcodes, that website also recommends Omega 3 and vitamin D tablets, does anyone take these on a daily basis ?

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9458 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 09:47:03 AM »
Back in the swing at gym after holiday. Diet much better after the greed of Bratislava. Bought loads of fresh fruit and veg for next few days.  O0

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #9459 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
Back in the swing at gym after holiday. Diet much better after the greed of Bratislava. Bought loads of fresh fruit and veg for next few days.  O0

Glad you've stopped beating yourself up about the holiday, like. You're allowed a bow out now and again, doesn't make you a monster and I bet the effects weren't as bad s you were saying.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9460 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 10:49:28 AM »

Glad you've stopped beating yourself up about the holiday, like. You're allowed a bow out now and again, doesn't make you a monster and I bet the effects weren't as bad s you were saying.

Probably not as bad, just went from no drink for a month, and a good diet to s*** loads of booze, and scoffing Pizza at 5am when returning from the club.  :lol:

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #9461 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 11:08:40 AM »
Cheers for this, that app looks great, I'm a bit OCD so I've spent the morning scanning all my foods barcodes, that website also recommends Omega 3 and vitamin D tablets, does anyone take these on a daily basis ?

Yep- I take a few supplements twice a day (when I remember)- my knees are a bit s*** and the difference with the Omega 3 and Curcumin supplements I take is noticeable. Magnesium, Vit D, probiotic and general multivit in the mix as well.

I'm a big advocate of MyFitnessPal. Really useful not just for planning, but to keep off s*** foods that would blow your daily macros.

Probably not as bad, just went from no drink for a month, and a good diet to s*** loads of booze, and scoffing Pizza at 5am when returning from the club.  :lol:

I'm just at the end of a 6-week spell of really clean eating and no booze, shed 20lb in the process. On holiday next Friday and I will not be giving a s***. Gluttony awaits.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9462 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 11:31:43 AM »
Haha enjoy your holiday Matt

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #9463 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
My fitness pal has just informed me that after my dinner today I'll be 40 cals over my daily limit and I'm going out this afternoon to the winter festival at Beamish Hall ....................f***

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9464 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 03:56:54 PM »
My fitness pal has just informed me that after my dinner today I'll be 40 cals over my daily limit and I'm going out this afternoon to the winter festival at Beamish Hall ....................f***

Tricky.

Obviously your real life friends will tell you to just enjoy yourself, and ignore fitness Hal. But fitness Hal is programmed to prevent you from doing anything harmful.

You'll have no real life friends left after tonight. Unless you leave fitness Hal at home.

Sorry Dave. I can't allow you to have another mulled wine.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Baltimore, Maryland, USA
« Reply #9465 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
I hate running, but I feel like I need to run. So I'm like on the precipice of starting a walk/run program to get back into it, but while knowing I should really, really, do it, I really, really do not want to actually do it. I need to coax a dangerous animal into chasing me or something.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Sacramento, California
« Reply #9466 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:33:28 PM »
If you hate running, can't you do something else?  There are loads of ways to get exercise, why pick one you don't like?

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #9467 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:35:01 PM »
I hate running, but I feel like I need to run. So I'm like on the precipice of starting a walk/run program to get back into it, but while knowing I should really, really, do it, I really, really do not want to actually do it. I need to coax a dangerous animal into chasing me or something.

Exercise bike?  Swimming?

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9468 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:40:40 PM »
I love running and cross trainer. Hate the bike.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #9469 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:40:59 PM »
Running is so quick and easy even though it is s***. It would take an hour to get the same exercise on a bike as you would get in a 20 minute run.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Baltimore, Maryland, USA
« Reply #9470 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
I sort of feel like since I've got legs I can't really make much of an excuse not to use them--except for the part where I can absolutely do that.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9471 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
I've never really enjoyed running, except one random period when I got into it. I think it's just disproportionately hard when you first start.

Swimming is much better IMO, except there are other people trying to use the pool.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9472 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
Running is so quick and easy even though it is s***. It would take an hour to get the same exercise on a bike as you would get in a 20 minute run.

3 times as fast but 5 times as hard. :lol: Running is brutal, especially on the roads.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #9473 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 04:42:04 PM »
I've played sport all my life and am in relatively good shape but I despise running more than basically anything else in this world
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #9474 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 04:54:49 PM »
I've played sport all my life and am in relatively good shape but I despise running more than basically anything else in this world

Exactly the same here. Would pick anything over it. 50k leg raises >> running.