Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 331296 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9300 on: Monday 14 January 2019, 01:41:37 PM »
Yep. And it localises the search, so you’ll see all the correct UK stuff.

Online astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #9301 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 07:45:13 PM »
Anyone know any good websites for bulking cheap meal ideas? or any quick and easy meals they make themselves, Anything i try and buy has either loads of salt/Suger etc

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #9302 on: Sunday 17 February 2019, 10:26:56 PM »
Been tracking my calories, weight and lifting since new year. Lost around 11lbs and down to about 194lbs, whilst still maintaining strength with my lifts. Minimal cardio (American Football training on Sundays) and I aim for about 2200-2500 calories a day. Had a few meals out and the odd cheat day. But nothing too mental.

Slowed up a bit of late. As not been as strict, upped my calories slightly and brough creatine back in. Which always bumps me up a pound or two. But basically the main reason for the weight loss is cutting out the booze. For me, it’s not just the beer. But all the junk food and laziness that comes with it.

Not massively missing the binging, boozing and scoffing. So I think I’ll see this through for another 5-6 weeks. Then hopefully managing my weight will be easier going forward.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9303 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
Well, starting again after losing and regaining the same 5kg again. Sigh.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #9304 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 04:33:24 PM »
Well, starting again after losing and regaining the same 5kg again. Sigh.

Oof. I fear this is exactly what will happen to me when I go back to my old ways.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9305 on: Monday 18 February 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
It's not even anything major, I do well then just have something small like a long weekend which completely throws me back to the old routine. Must have done it at least 5 times now.

Sprained my ankle as well, which didn't help. Had to stop doing yoga and football.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #9306 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
Benched my own body weight (92KG) for the first time in 10 years  :coolsmiley: My training has been somewhat patchy over this period. Normally train for 6 months go on holiday then never pick up a weight until the following year. Awful habits but been at it since February this time and my lifts are flying up, first time in a while I'm really enjoying it. Also the first time I've used creatine, where have you been all my life  :smitten: can really feel the extra energy in the last few reps. Put on a stone in this time and bar a bit of chub i'm looking so much stronger.

Plan on keeping this up, i'm 38 now so really need to stay in shape.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #9307 on: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 08:49:16 PM »
Been doing 16:8 IF for the past couple of weeks or so, not actually tracking anything via the scales but definitely feel better for it energy wise.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #9308 on: Tuesday 30 July 2019, 10:04:01 PM »
Anyone lost weight with a low carb diet ? I've done for over two weeks now with absolutely no potatoes, bread, pasta or rice I've lost a pound or two but nothing major but I feel loads better and not bloated at all I think I'll stick with it see how it turns out.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #9309 on: Tuesday 30 July 2019, 10:06:35 PM »
Anyone lost weight with a low carb diet ? I've done for over two weeks now with absolutely no potatoes, bread, pasta or rice I've lost a pound or two but nothing major but I feel loads better and not bloated at all I think I'll stick with it see how it turns out.

Its still calories in vs out at the end of the day. Stay in a calorie deficit and you'll loose weight. I've never tired limit certain macro types but if it works for you then keep at it.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9310 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 06:15:27 AM »

Keto is massively popular because you replace carbs with fat which provides higher satiety. You'll feel more full for longer and therefore eat less making a caloric deficit more achievable on a daily basis.

Toying with the idea of going back to it at the minute but I'm in the process of strength training with quite heavy lifts and not sure on how Keto would work when it comes to weight lifting. Cardio was fine on it before.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9311 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 11:21:04 AM »
I’ve struggled down from 102kg to 98kg, still can’t really find the motivation to do better. Maybe because I’m not getting enough sleep so I can’t stay focused.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #9312 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 03:39:17 PM »

Keto is massively popular because you replace carbs with fat which provides higher satiety. You'll feel more full for longer and therefore eat less making a caloric deficit more achievable on a daily basis.

Toying with the idea of going back to it at the minute but I'm in the process of strength training with quite heavy lifts and not sure on how Keto would work when it comes to weight lifting. Cardio was fine on it before.

I've cut out all carbs except sweet potato.  It's not proper keto, but it's easy to stick to and the carbs definitely help keep energy levels up for lifting.  Most importantly, the odd sweet potato doesn't seem to induce the carb cravings at all.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #9313 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 04:11:51 PM »
Carbs are brilliant and should be a stable part of a diet for people who work out regular. Follow a decent macro ratio, eat around the calories required that you have calculated for goals and do your exercise. It's such a simple process but the industry keeps churning out non stop bullshit about this and that type of diet.

Offline Barnes23

• General Member
« Reply #9314 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
Been doing a pretty restrictive version of keto for several months now (under 15g of carbs a day) and all I can say is it is working out well so far, in terms of weight loss and also in terms of energy levels, physically and mentally. Definitely feel better without the carbs/sugar.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #9315 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 08:05:39 PM »
Been doing a pretty restrictive version of keto for several months now (under 15g of carbs a day) and all I can say is it is working out well so far, in terms of weight loss and also in terms of energy levels, physically and mentally. Definitely feel better without the carbs/sugar.

Pleased other people have similar experience with the low carb stuff it's also helped with regular daily one wipers as well
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #9316 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 10:55:30 PM »
I love bread too much to give up carbs. On the plus side more bread for me so carry on!

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #9317 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:12:33 PM »

After you've finished your meal, fill the rest of your stomach with water. This would keep the food longer in your gut and therefore you'd also feel fuller for longer.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #9318 on: Saturday 3 August 2019, 07:17:31 PM »
Carbs are not the enemy! If you eat a healthy meal (in the right quantity and nutritional profile), and you have an ice cream a little bit afterwards, the effects of the fast sugars of the ice cream would diminish as its digestion would become much slower due to the quantity and quality of the meal that you ate earlier.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9319 on: Thursday 29 August 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
Hm.  Have been on a low carb diet for ages now, never eat rice/pasta/potatoes etc. with a meal but haven't gone down the keto route for a couple of years.  My weight has stayed at a constant level I'm fairly happy with throughout, low carbs really works for me on that front.

However have upped frequency and intensity of running/exercise recently and really struggling with fatigue and lack of energy, thinking of ditching the low carbs and binning off meat but don't want my weight to balloon.

Thoughts/tips?  I mean I know it'll just be "eat balanced meals" or whatever but in more detail.  Was speaking to a lad who does all sorts of diets and he was saying that as long as you keep the carbs fairly controlled and keep off processed sugar as much as possible should be ok.

FWIW without exercise I feel 100% times better without much carb intake.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #9320 on: Thursday 29 August 2019, 01:02:42 PM »
Higher carb intake after training works for me.  I probably have less than 20g of carbs throughout the day, then I train about 4pm and I end up somewhere about 120-150g.  Although I've not tracked my macros for ages.  Hoping it's about the same!

This is based around weights, mind.  I don't usually partake in any cardio :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9321 on: Thursday 29 August 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
It's during running/cycling I tend to feel absolutely knackered. 
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9322 on: Thursday 29 August 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
Your weight shouldn't balloon unless you start eating a lot more calories... carbs or not.

« Reply #9323 on: Friday 29 November 2019, 10:35:40 PM »
A bit off topic but cant find another thread. Is there a gym one? Cant find it. Anyway...

Been struggling with a bad back for literally years. Never been able to sort it, but recently feel I've finally self diagnosed myself (after no help from the NHS). I've felt like I've had an ever increasing knot if my left shoulder/scapula for years but could never pinpoint it. Finally got in to looking at rounded shoulders and tight posterior shoulder joint and think I've found it.

I've been doing stretches for the teres and infraspinatus muscles, as well as stretches to improve movement in the ball and socket joint itself. The abduction and external rotation in my left shoulder is horrific. And the tension I feel when abducting and externally rotating is ridiculous.

Anyone got any similar experience and advise? I go to the gym and if I've stretched my left shoulder prior to chest presses, then the strength in my left arm just goes. If I dont stretch I can press as normal. I assume that indicates my body has been essentially bypassing those tight muscles in my shoulder in the past and they're weak as f***, so when they're finally engaged they just fail me. Any targeted strengthening exercises for that area would be a appreciated.
« Last Edit: Friday 29 November 2019, 10:52:06 PM by Super Duper Branko Strupar »
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make