Author Topic: Gaza & Israel  (Read 94956 times)

Offline Adam^

• General Member
Gaza & Israel
« on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 02:23:51 pm »
I woke up to this, and I'm appalled. I understand the whole protect your population, though the main cause of this is the blockade of gaza. Hamas shouldn't fire rockets, but bombing Gaza in rush hour, isn't aiming to get to Hamas just to kill people. Israel is an occupying force, now I was 50/50 for each side, but I'm sick of the constant attacks on people. If they really wanted peace they would stop the blockade. I really can't see how you can justify killing 155 people as someone fired some rockets.

I hope that they don't go in on the ground, and someone in the international community has the balls to actually stop it (yes you Mr Bush). The UN really needs to send people in on the ground, as Israel just want to kill off Hamas. Now before you jump on the "ZOMG HAMAS ARE TEROIZTS", yea there are the idiots that fire rockets, but I know a 68 year old guy who is the head of water management in Gaza. He said under Hamas things no the ground got safer, though the Israeli blockade have got worse since they came in.

It's all a viscous circle, and they only way to stop it, is from the outside. The Israeli's hold of the cards, so if they don't want gaza to have food, water etc they don't. Like I said I ave many Israeli and Palestinian freinds but bombing people like this is so f***ing disproportionate. I'm trying to keep calm and see how this can be solved, but when Israel decides to bomb somewhere in rush hour, and the world tells them to have restraint, yet kicks off at Hamas firing a few rockets I don't know what to think anymore. I suppose Israel are the good guys in western eyes so if they act like bullies, and forgot that the people of Gaza have Human rights it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: Saturday 27 June 2015, 11:58:05 pm by BlufPurdi »

Offline LiquidAK

• General Member
Re: Gaza....
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 02:31:03 pm »
I thought this topic was gonna be about Paul Gascoigne. :lol:

Anyway I really don't know enough about this topic to really comment. I'm aware that there is fighting but I'm ashamed to say I really don't have any idea why, other than that both Israel and Palestine want the Gaza strip. Although I definitely agree with you that there is no justification for killing 155 people for a few peoples actions.

toonlass

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 02:34:18 pm »
Its absolutely appauling. Hamas have their military sites in residential areas, but Israel conducted the attacks when schools were coming out. Both sides are to blame. Horrific.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 02:35:48 pm »
I hope that they don't go in on the ground, and someone in the international community has the balls to actually stop it (yes you Mr Bush).
I have some bad news for you if you think the US will ever try to stop Israel from doing whatever the f*** it wants. 

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
Gaza
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 08:35:22 pm »
I don't know if anyone is following this or not but its that time of the year again, f***ing Israeli's just commited more massacres there, 210 dead and more to come.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Gaza
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 08:36:05 pm »
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 08:56:34 pm »
Cheers, sorry i didn't bother searching through this threads  :blush:

Its a f***ing disgrace though.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 08:58:30 pm »

That just reminds me of the drugs episode on Brass Eye when Bernard Manning is talking about Cake. :lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 December 2008, 09:00:43 pm »

That just reminds me of the drugs episode on Brass Eye when Bernard Manning is talking about Cake. :lol:

Imagine how his Mother felt. :lol:

Classic stuff, that's Brass Eye, not Gaza.
Consider winning

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 12:44:17 am »
Yea Hamas isn't blameless in this, and it shouldn't really be attacking Israel. But if I lived somewhere where everything coming in was controlled by some power mad idiots over a wall I would fire some rockets.

Thing that really pisses me off, is that they have just killed 200+ people and most of the world leaders are telling Hamas to stop its attacks. They kicked off at russia for attacking Georgia, yet killing 200 innocent (yes some of them would be Hamas targets, militants etc), and no one dares to question Israel. One of my friends from school spent some time in the west bank, last year any time he questioned Israel's policies he was called Anti Semitic.

I suppose if they go in on the ground maybe the UN will actually do its job and send in a peace force, though there is more chance of us winning the Champions League before that happens.

Offline OzzieMandias

• General Member
Re: Gaza....(the place, not the bloke)
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 01:56:57 am »
Yea Hamas isn't blameless in this, and it shouldn't really be attacking Israel. But if I lived somewhere where everything coming in was controlled by some power mad idiots over a wall I would fire some rockets.

Thing that really pisses me off, is that they have just killed 200+ people and most of the world leaders are telling Hamas to stop its attacks. They kicked off at russia for attacking Georgia, yet killing 200 innocent (yes some of them would be Hamas targets, militants etc), and no one dares to question Israel. One of my friends from school spent some time in the west bank, last year any time he questioned Israel's policies he was called Anti Semitic.

I suppose if they go in on the ground maybe the UN will actually do its job and send in a peace force, though there is more chance of us winning the Champions League before that happens.

The UN is toothless in this conflict because any Security Council resolution that Israel doesn't like will be vetoed by the USA.

Offline David Icke - Son of God

• General Member
  • Bellend
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 02:07:09 am »

That's the crux of the argument. It's easy to wag your finger at Hamas, God knows I have and still do, but taking a step back and putting myself in their shoes i'd probably support that type of action.

Some of the s**** the Palestinians have to undergo on a daily basis is sickening. They're attacked, they have their houses torn down, they have curfews imposed on a whim, they have their movement restricted, they're humiliated by the occupying Israeli forces and to top it all off they had a f***ing wall built to fence them in. Even worse considering that they try to tell the world that Palestine is ran by Hamas which it patently isn't.

If Iran or Syria were doing what Israel were doing the US would've marched in, stuck a flag in the ground and been blowjobbed to death by the world media but that'll never happen with Israel. An ally in the Middle East is worth it's weight in gold hence the reason Israel will continue to get away with maiming and killing innocent civilians. The situation looks worrying similar to one which occured in Europe in the 30's and 40's. Sadly ironic.

There is a fantastic documentary out there by John Pilger called Palestine is Still the Issue (It's available on Google Video/YouTube etc.) which highlights the situation and the effect it has on civilians on either side of the conflict. When it first came out a couple of years back Christian and Jewish pressure groups bombarded and threatened Pilger and ITV because it was apparently biased against Israel. It had to go up infront of the ITC for them to judge and they ruled it was a fair and accurate portrayl of the situation which hadn't been sensationalised in any way, which makes it so much more shocking. I implore you all to watch it. Here's a link to the news story about it - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2003/jan/13/middleeastthemedia.television
"Following media reports this morning the chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone."

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 04:48:00 am »
Just to show you how mad some people are, there is a guy from Aus saying the bombing is justified. His reasoning is that the USA went in to Iraq after 9/11, so Israel can do what it wants. Its interesting that the EU USA see the whole of Hamas as a terror group yet the UK on lists the Qassam brigade as a terror group.

If the world recognised Palestine as a state, then they could act like they would have to with any other state, instead of siding with Israel against these "terrorists". Never going to happen though.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 11:57:08 am »
last year any time he questioned Israel's policies he was called Anti Semitic.

:lol:

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 02:43:52 pm »
last year any time he questioned Israel's policies he was called Anti Semitic.

:lol:

Ai the settlers he met, said some other stuff that I don't really want to type on here encase mossad throw a bomb through my window.

Milibands press release is going in the right direction, though asking Israel to respect its humanitarian obligations is never going to happen without outside pressure forcing them to.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 07:44:28 pm »
Number of deaths due to Hamas rocket attacks = 1

Number of deaths due to Isreal's response = 300+

Proportionate my arse!!

Although if anyone's surprised at what's going on, then where have you been for the last 60 years?

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 07:54:21 pm »
I have been reading the have your say thing on the BBC, some people come out with comments like "If you attack Israel you should suffer the consequences". Ai thats the right attitude to have, forget the whole ghetto they live in. Most people have a clue but others think its fair game to drop bombs in to an urban area, though if you can bomb beruit and the international community just watches are they really going to stop you if you bomb gaza ?

Offline WhatTheFunk?

• General Member
  • TPFKA "Toon4Life"
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 09:59:59 pm »

The UN is toothless in this conflict because any Security Council resolution that Israel doesn't like will be vetoed by the USA.

Not only that. The US might pass some of them to save face with the int'l community, but we all know Israel's record in keeping with and obeying SC resolutions (all 50 odd of them).

The Israeli government, Western and Arab leaders are a disgrace to humanity. The Israelis because they are the world's foremost terrorist and murderous state, the West and Arab leaders for letting it all happen without batting an eyelid.

Here for all the wrong reasons

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 10:37:05 pm »
Well I duno about the Arab leaders, they can't really do much. They have no armed forces to speak of, no real bargining power with Israel. If they were to attack Israel they would loose (like the pervious times), and would get a storm of s*** from the EU/USA.

toonlass

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 11:04:52 pm »
The people of Palastine are starving (they cannot get access to meat, fruit or vegetables), they have no money, they have no medication. I am not taking sides, both sides are wrong. But the Israeli's have now killed over 300 people, its sickening.

Offline WhatTheFunk?

• General Member
  • TPFKA "Toon4Life"
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 December 2008, 11:43:58 pm »
Well I duno about the Arab leaders, they can't really do much. They have no armed forces to speak of, no real bargining power with Israel. If they were to attack Israel they would loose (like the pervious times), and would get a storm of s*** from the EU/USA.

Not true. If Arab states pooled their resources together and harnessed the will and determination of their people, they could put an end to the Palestinian suffering. They could even go as far as wiping Israel out altogether. Instead they choose to keep their dictator regimes and suck America's cock. Bush keeps harping on about Democracy in Iraq? He claims they "liberated" Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam? How about they do the same in Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.... and then they can go around talking about democracy the hypocritical c***s.

With all its internal problems, and having lost the war on Hizbullah, and the deterioration of international opinions regarding its cause, Israel is in last chance saloon, and they know it. The status quo will not remain. The balance of power has already shifted in favor of Syria and Iran, and Israel will take further political and diplomatic damage, before it eventually (hopefully) realize that it has to make concessions and give back the land it has occupied, conform with international laws, and publicly declare the existence of its nuclear arsenal.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 December 2008, 12:06:14 am »

Actually Arab countires had/have some pretty good armed forces, but your not really going to attack a country that is backed by the US on an insane level, the US will go on war with all of theser countries if it means keeping Israel in the area,

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 December 2008, 12:47:27 am »
Yea I meant, individual states armies. Obviously the Arab states could gang up and destroy Israel if they wanted to. Iran supposedly got a huge, arms deal from Russia. It just shows how much Israel is up the arse of America regarding the Iran Nuke thing. Israel has nukes so why can't Iran have them? It all stinks really.

Offline David Icke - Son of God

• General Member
  • Bellend
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 December 2008, 03:33:38 pm »

Not true. If Arab states pooled their resources together and harnessed the will and determination of their people, they could put an end to the Palestinian suffering. They could even go as far as wiping Israel out altogether. Instead they choose to keep their dictator regimes and suck America's cock. Bush keeps harping on about Democracy in Iraq? He claims they "liberated" Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam? How about they do the same in Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.... and then they can go around talking about democracy the hypocritical c***s.

It took on four Arab nations at once back in 1967 and hammered them all.

All out military intervention would be suicide for the Arab nations as they'd get their heads stoved in by not only Israel but the US, probably via the use of nuclear weapons. There is no way Israel will ever be pushed into the sea with the strength of their armed forces.
"Following media reports this morning the chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone."

Offline WhatTheFunk?

• General Member
  • TPFKA "Toon4Life"
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 30 December 2008, 04:13:17 pm »

It took on four Arab nations at once back in 1967 and hammered them all.

All out military intervention would be suicide for the Arab nations as they'd get their heads stoved in by not only Israel but the US, probably via the use of nuclear weapons. There is no way Israel will ever be pushed into the sea with the strength of their armed forces.

Not quite true. Pound for pound Israel can wipe out most if not all Arab armies yes. However, that is only when it comes to classical military warfare. Once it has expended its aerial threat (and that's the only thing it's really got), Israel has a real problem on the ground. Any type of guerilla warfare Israel cannot deal with as we saw in its war with Hizbullah, where its own government even admitted they had suffered an embarrassing and emphatic loss. Throw Iran into the mix, and Israel is under real threat.