Poll

Will Newcastle be relegated from The Premier League? (0=EPL is Trash - 10=Dead Certain 15=Steve Bruce, ffs!)

Author Topic: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?  (Read 1040808 times)

Online GWN

• General Member
Re: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?
« Reply #21825 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 10:23:21 AM »
Ask me mid November if we are looking ok. O0
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Offline Absolute Elsewhere

• General Member
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #21826 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
We aren’t going anywhere near relegation with ASM in the side like.
Whose that team we call Yanited!

Offline ExiledGeordie

• General Member
« Reply #21827 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 02:56:27 PM »
With Wilson and ASM assuming they stay fit we won’t be involved in a relegation scrap

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #21828 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 03:14:09 PM »
Didn't Burnley start off terribly last season ad well?
Would love to see them finally relegated, their football is terrible and seemingly just getting worse and worse.
They have brought no one in during the transfer window, and have let players go. Apparently they don’t have the money. Theirs owners actually fear for the future.
Unless they start beating teams like us, they are gone.

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
  • Lenzie, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland UK
« Reply #21829 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 03:18:40 PM »
Easier ride this season for Bruce, given some much poorer sides and squads in the league imo.
Fulham, West Brom bye bye and anyone from Burnley, Sheff utd and Brighton.

SportsDirect Utd around 14th/13th/12th.
Glory days indeed.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #21830 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
Easier ride this season for Bruce, given some much poorer sides and squads in the league imo.
Fulham, West Brom bye bye and anyone from Burnley, Sheff utd and Brighton.

SportsDirect Utd around 14th/13th/12th.
Glory days indeed.

Brighton wont be anywhere near. I think Sheffield Utd will be fine too.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Danh1

• General Member
« Reply #21831 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 03:50:11 PM »
I think Brighton will be okay, they’ve had a tough start and were unlucky against Chelsea and Man United.

I think West Brom, Fulham, Sheffield United and Burnley will make up the bottom 4. If Wilson get picks up a few injuries then we will be with them too.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #21832 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 05:26:02 PM »
Brighton look really good tbf.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #21833 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
Compared to our relegation rivals Burnley, WBA, Man Utd, Fulham, and Sheffield Utd, we have got off to a decent start.

Online buzz

• General Member
« Reply #21834 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 06:15:58 PM »
Brighton look really good tbf.

They do but their performances don't necessarily translate into results (the same was true last season and they were in the relegation battle until the penultimate weekend I think?) They'll be down about there but will ultimately stay up.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #21835 on: Sunday 4 October 2020, 06:21:39 PM »
Sheff United/Fulham after the break. Absolute must win for Sheff United as they have Liverpool, City and Chelsea after that game.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21836 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 07:19:21 AM »
If WBA win tonight then we could be looking over our shoulders a bit the next month. Can’t see Brighton losing though and we’d already be looking 5 points between the bottom 4 and the rest of the league. I mean, we’ve only lost 2 all season and we’ve gifted 3 goal away wins to two bottom 6 teams.
?s=21

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #21837 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
After yesterday I think we'll just do what we did last season. Play s***, get everyone behind the ball and somehow grind out 38-45 points.

If you keep around a point a game it doesn't really matter what anyone else does.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #21838 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:41:39 AM »
The league is dreadful like, the bottom 5 clubs have played 26 games collectively and won 1. Standard is f***ing rank. Just need to be a little bit better than utter pigshit and you'll stay up.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #21839 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:43:55 AM »
The league is dreadful like, the bottom 5 clubs have played 26 games collectively and won 1. Standard is f***ing rank. Just need to be a little bit better than utter pigshit and you'll stay up.

Yeap, some of those in the bottom 5 will improve like Brighton.  I think we'll finish 17th.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #21840 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:45:04 AM »

As I said in the Project Rich c***s thread, there is so much dross in the league that reducing it to 18 teams isn’t the worst idea (unless it was motivated by greed and power)
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #21841 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:47:22 AM »
Next two games feel key for West Brom. Brighton and Fulham. They have to win one of them imo.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #21842 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 09:48:24 AM »

Really being better means accepting how bad you are and how few points you need. Sometimes it's the teams that try to play too much that end up conceding too many.

Inspiring.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21843 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 05:53:29 PM »
I think the league’s really strong to be fair apart from the 4 being cut adrift and us.
?s=21

Offline Marmoset

• General Member
« Reply #21844 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 06:46:12 PM »
Yeah I don't know what you could really base saying the league is weaker than usual on. Perhaps West Brom and Fulham are worse than the average promoted team but that's about it.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21845 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
I think it’s the strongest the league’s ever been from 16th up.
?s=21

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #21846 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 10:37:20 PM »
Yeah. Judging by how the few results we've seen go so far I can see the title being won with between 80 and 90 points instead the daft totals we've seen since Leicester won it.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #21847 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
Agreed. It's ridiculously competitive and the weirdness of the wider circumstances is obviously adding to it.

The table looks 'weird' at the moment, with at least three outsiders in the top 6, and with Arsenal, Man City and Man Utd all in the bottom half. Of course, this isn't unusual for a season's opening weeks; and whilst I'm sure it'll 'sort itself out' to some extent (i.e. ManC will probs get into the top half like) - I wouldn't be remotely susprised to see the entire division littered with surprising finishes come May. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of Everton and Leeds sustain their form and both finish in the top 6, for instance.

And I've still absolutely no doubt we'll be a country mile away from the bottom three; most likely stinking up the fat no-mark section between 9th-14th.