Poll

Will Newcastle be relegated from The Premier League? (0=EPL is Trash - 10=Dead Certain 15=Steve Bruce, ffs!)

Author Topic: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?  (Read 1018437 times)

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
Re: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?
« Reply #21775 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:27:46 AM »
Unless there’s improvement I don’t see us staying up, like. To have two seasons in a row where the results outdo performances would be very fortunate. We need better full-backs, more mobility in midfield and a goalscorer. Probably someone to push Almiron & ASM too because the drop in talent from those two to Atsu is shocking.
?s=21

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #21776 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 12:03:55 PM »
PL clubs are in a position of strength this summer due to the TV money. Other clubs will have to sell at greatly deflated prices this summer and there are deals to be had.

Therefore I think the bottom half of the table will not be dictated by net spend, it will be dictated by who makes the smartest deals, who have the best coaches, and which teams have the best determination.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
  • Lenzie, East Dunbartonshire, Scotland UK
« Reply #21777 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:11:24 PM »
So what you are saying is Sportsdirect are screwed then :)  O0
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #21778 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:16:13 PM »
West brom need to invest massively , Leeds need  to invest and make sure biesta stays with them then you have us Fulham or Brentford id say

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #21779 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:19:45 PM »
West brom need to invest massively , Leeds need  to invest and make sure biesta stays with them then you have us Fulham or Brentford id say

Leeds will invest.

Offline Danh1

• General Member
« Reply #21780 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
I think we will go down.

The mood around the place is at an all time low, we aren’t going to invest in the firepower we need and we have Bruce picking the team.

Would be great if we did go down tbh.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #21781 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 09:41:40 PM »
Feel like a £100 bet on us to go down will be a nice lift next year.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #21782 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 01:03:22 AM »
Are we all lumping on Fulham to go straight back down?

Brucie’s team is staying up.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #21783 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 08:16:26 AM »
We might go down, but the odds are we won't. As dreadful as we are to watch we are still a level above WBA, Fulham and (probably) Leeds. We are a better team than Villa, especially defensively and probably on a par with Brighton who could go either way next year. Throw in West Ham and Palace (who I think will have a very bad year next year) and there's just too many teams who are equally as bad or worse than us in the mix.

We can defend which goes a long way in this league unfortunately.

Offline Cf

• General Member
« Reply #21784 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 08:21:31 AM »
We might go down, but the odds are we won't. As dreadful as we are to watch we are still a level above WBA, Fulham and (probably) Leeds. We are a better team than Villa, especially defensively and probably on a par with Brighton who could go either way next year. Throw in West Ham and Palace (who I think will have a very bad year next year) and there's just too many teams who are equally as bad or worse than us in the mix.

You've clearly not watched Leeds play. They're way better than us.

Bear in mind we barely scraped past a weakened WBA in the cup. That's our level.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #21785 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 08:34:50 AM »

Only Norwich conceded more than us away, a whole season under Bruce, with Rafa's defensive know how finally expelled from the team.

I've no doubt we'll have the worst defensive record, we'll be pigs to the slaughter under Lord Bacon.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #21786 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 08:38:37 AM »
We looked dreadful defensively over the last 6 games.

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #21787 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 09:26:08 AM »

Only Norwich conceded more than us away, a whole season under Bruce, with Rafa's defensive know how finally expelled from the team.

I've no doubt we'll have the worst defensive record, we'll be pigs to the slaughter under Lord Bacon.

Why are you just focusing on away games? Looking at that we had the 9th best home defensive record in the league. Saying you'll have 'no doubt' we will have the worst defensive record is just wrong.

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #21788 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 09:28:11 AM »

Bear in mind we barely scraped past a weakened WBA in the cup. That's our level.

Oh come on  :lol: I've seen them play a number of times against Championship teams and Championship defences. It's incomparable. They might do well, they might not. As a reminder, Norwich finished 5 points clear of Sheffield United in their promotion seasons.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #21789 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 10:53:46 AM »

Oh come on  :lol: I've seen them play a number of times against Championship teams and Championship defences. It's incomparable. They might do well, they might not. As a reminder, Norwich finished 5 points clear of Sheffield United in their promotion seasons.

A fair point. I think with teams coming up from Championship, it can be tricky to predict how they'll do.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
  • Solihull, West Midlands. GB
« Reply #21790 on: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 02:09:10 PM »
As a reminder, Norwich finished 5 points clear of Sheffield United in their promotion seasons.
Wow. Did not realise that.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #21791 on: Yesterday at 04:15:14 AM »
Not a chance we will finish as high as we did this season.

We will water down the squad again this window and take the mackem loan approach that was another nail in their coffin.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #21792 on: Yesterday at 08:13:37 AM »
Take those freak results v Everton and Chelsea and the points total/ league position debate looks different. Jammy as f*** and over reliant on ASM fret

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21793 on: Yesterday at 08:23:45 AM »
Take those freak results v Everton and Chelsea and the points total/ league position debate looks different. Jammy as f*** and over reliant on ASM fret

I'd swap 'ASM fret' for 'set-piece fret'.
?s=21