Poll

Will Newcastle be relegated from The Premier League? (0=EPL is Trash - 10=Dead Certain 15=Steve Bruce, ffs!)

Author Topic: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?  (Read 982290 times)

Offline Rod

• General Member
Re: RELEGATEDINFLAMESOMETERORMAYBENOT?
« Reply #21350 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
Doesn’t really matter who’s better or worse than us. Numbers say if you get near 40 points you’re fine.
Which papers over the cracks don't you think?

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #21351 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 08:55:12 PM »
Still reckon Bournemouth will go. Along with Villa and Norwich.

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #21352 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 09:21:24 PM »
Fingers crossed that you are right.  I actually think we will stumble to safety.  However, the whole situation reminds me of the mackems in their last 3 or 4 seasons in the top flight.  Their goalkeeper always won player of the season (Dubravka?).  They were heavily reliant on loan players (sound familiar).  Celebrated finishing 17th (it could be us).  Gave away thousands of free tickets (is it becoming clearer?).  And frightingly they were massively mismanaged from top to bottom and that is where we are at this moment in time.  I truly hope I'm wrong, it may not be this season but it is happening, the club are in a downward spiral.
« Last Edit: Monday 3 February 2020, 03:55:27 PM by Rod »

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #21353 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
Fingers crossed that you are right.  I actually think we will stumble to safety.  However, the whole situation reminds me of the mackems in their last 3 or 4 seasons in the top flight.  Their goalkeeper always won player of the season (Dubravka?).  They were heavily reliant on loan players (sound familiar).  Celebrated finishing 17th (it could be us).  Gave away thousands of free tickets (is it becoming clearer?).  And frightenly they were massively mismanaged from top to bottom and that is where we are at this moment in time.  I truly hope I'm wrong, it may not be this season but it is happening, the club are in a downward spiral.

Difference is the mackems were dead and buried nearly every time and then pulled 4 or 5 games out of the hat.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #21354 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 10:13:17 PM »
We're 1 lengthy injury for Dubravka from a free falling relegation fight, we're not out the woods yet. Unlikely at this point but if you think this season has been hoffic, you're in for a doozy next!
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #21355 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 10:57:48 PM »
Doesn’t really matter who’s better or worse than us. Numbers say if you get near 40 points you’re fine.
Which papers over the cracks don't you think?

Of course, we’re awful. But we probably won’t get relegated.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #21356 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 11:33:02 PM »
We could not score another goal all season and probably still scrape it with 0-0's

We'd need 9, out of 13. I can't see it. We're going down, this season. And I am delighted. It's all the sweeter because the smug t***s think they're doing a good job.

You have 6 teams needing to catch up between 5 - 7 points and these teams are behind that much for a reason. We will stay up this season as this team is picking up points regularly despite the appalling football and forward play. Next season however is a different kettle of fish.

4 teams. Southampton and Palace are pretty much on par.

Also we have to play those teams.

Of course our luck might continue.

Online godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #21357 on: Sunday 2 February 2020, 11:55:01 PM »
We could not score another goal all season and probably still scrape it with 0-0's

We'd need 9, out of 13. I can't see it. We're going down, this season. And I am delighted. It's all the sweeter because the smug t***s think they're doing a good job.

You have 6 teams needing to catch up between 5 - 7 points and these teams are behind that much for a reason. We will stay up this season as this team is picking up points regularly despite the appalling football and forward play. Next season however is a different kettle of fish.

6 teams Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and Norwich

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #21358 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 03:21:19 AM »

6 teams Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and Norwich

Oh aye. I forgot only one team gets relegated this season.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #21359 on: Tuesday 4 February 2020, 07:12:49 AM »
Newcastle would be doomed without brilliant goalkeeper

They may look relatively safe, level with Arsenal, Burnley and Southampton — who are below them in 13th — on 31 points, but Newcastle’s performances have not been as good as the table suggests.

Part of Newcastle’s problem is that they are exceptionally bad at moving the ball in advanced areas of the pitch. Bruce’s side play the fewest passes in the opposition half in the league (173.3 per game), the fewest passes in the final third (40.8), and the fewest passes into the box (21.6). They are terrible at circulating possession and constructing attacking moves.

They rank second-bottom for the quality of the chances they create (worth 0.84 expected goals per game, excluding penalties) and the quality of chances they concede (worth 1.84 expected goals, or xG). On the balance of chances, they are the worst team in the division. At the other end, Newcastle give up more shots on target than any other team. Luckily, they have Martin Dubravka. Opta have calculated that Dubravka’s saves this season have prevented eight goals — the best of any top-flight keeper.

The next four home games — against Burnley, Sheffield United, Aston Villa and West Ham United — are crucial. Seven points from those should assure their safety.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/which-teams-are-best-placed-to-survive-tightest-of-relegation-battles-05hcj6530

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #21360 on: Tuesday 4 February 2020, 08:35:45 AM »
Right I'm all on board the relegation train. Let this club sink like the titanic. Steve Bruce's comments and his media chums defending him have driven me to the edge.

Let us go down and watch the defence of this c*** then.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #21361 on: Tuesday 4 February 2020, 05:33:57 PM »
Right I'm all on board the relegation train. Let this club sink like the titanic. Steve Bruce's comments and his media chums defending him have driven me to the edge.

Let us go down and watch the defence of this c*** then.

Welcome, brother.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #21362 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 11:24:29 AM »
Kevin Nolan joined West Ham coaching staff

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #21363 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
Moyes and Nolan coaching dream team. I'll bet the fans are chuffed about that.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #21364 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 03:42:49 PM »
Cracking team talks.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #21365 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
I wonder if they'll hang a darts board up in the home dressing room?

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #21366 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 06:54:29 PM »
I honestly can’t stand Nolan, I was one of the few who didn’t like him after the Andy Carroll saga, but recently his behavior is even more annoying. He’s a self serving t*** imo
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #21367 on: Friday 7 February 2020, 08:13:55 AM »
West Ham have a really tricky run like. If they don't beat Southampton at home in a few weeks - they could be f***ed tbf.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #21368 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 05:27:19 PM »
I honestly can’t stand Nolan, I was one of the few who didn’t like him after the Andy Carroll saga, but recently his behavior is even more annoying. He’s a self serving t*** imo

Yep I’ve completely gone off him since he started kissing Ashley’s ass

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21369 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 05:38:34 PM »
He was the player version of Bruce the manager. f***ing s*** but somehow the goals defy that.
?s=21

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21370 on: Saturday 8 February 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
He could do with a Brighton goal like. If Bournemouth get something tomorrow then we’re going to need a result in London the next two games to ease the pressure.
?s=21

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #21371 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 07:39:46 AM »
1 win in 8 in the league and that win was rather fortuitous, next 3 games are massive, fail to win any of them and we right back in the relegation mix

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #21372 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
Any other club in our position would be thinking 50 points here. 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats when you have 8 games against the rest of the bottom half should be achievable. I think he’ll just about scrape 15 points so that ‘he did better than Rafa’.
?s=21

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #21373 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 12:26:27 PM »
Any other club in our position would be thinking 50 points here. 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats when you have 8 games against the rest of the bottom half should be achievable. I think he’ll just about scrape 15 points so that ‘he did better than Rafa’.

"Tough first season for Bruce. Was always going to be hard for anyone following Rafa. Next season is when we'll really see them take the shackles off."

Online Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #21374 on: Monday 17 February 2020, 12:56:16 PM »
We will finish 1 or 2 spots above the bottom 3. Bruce should be sacked. He won’t. Nickson and Charnley should be sacked for the Joelinton signing. They won’t. This club is pointless until it’s sold. Any time you get any hope or joy out of just plainly watching football you are smacked with reality when you’re coming out of half time at 0-0 at Arsenal and you lose 4-0. Then you have your own fans saying that Bruce isn’t doing that bad and your press is saying the same and that reality is we are doing better off etc etc etc. small time mentality by most of the press, by most of our fans, and the like.

The only thing keeping most of us together is bloody Newcastle Online and it’s constantly infected with waves of randoms and weirdos that would make Mapou Yanga Mbwia look normal. Happy days.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez