Poll

How likely is it that Rafa stays? (0 = no chance, 10 = nailed on)

Author Topic: RAFASTAYOMETER  (Read 914241 times)

Offline henke

• General Member
Re: RAFASTAYOMETER
« Reply #20375 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:34:47 pm »
It would be wrong to say I don't care, but I'm not really bothered what Rafa does. I'm not renewing, in fact I want nothing to do with the club as long as Ashley is around.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #20376 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:40:59 pm »
I'd like to trust in Rafa's integrity, if he stays it will be for the right reasons. He's smart enough to not be dicked about and to make sure to get things in writing.

So if he stays I'd be quite a bit more invested than I am now, until the inevitable constructive dismissal tribunal which will make for great reading.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #20377 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:42:29 pm »
It's hugely likely MA f***s this up.

I like that Rafa has put a timeframe on it today. 'You'll know in ten days' effectively puts a gun to their head which is what I suspect he's told them privately to.

Under Ashley this could've dragged on all summer with any other manager (like a Pardew type) as they'd always normally be desperate yes men. Not Rafa.

Give me what I want, by this time, or we're done here.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #20378 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:47:49 pm »
It's hugely likely MA f***s this up.

I like that Rafa has put a timeframe on it today. 'You'll know in ten days' effectively puts a gun to their head which is what I suspect he's told them privately to.

Under Ashley this could've dragged on all summer with any other manager (like a Pardew type) as they'd always normally be desperate yes men. Not Rafa.

Give me what I want, by this time, or we're done here.

Sounds romantic but if hes been so brazen with MA, we all know how this turns out.

Rafa is much more diplomatic than that.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #20379 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:50:02 pm »
From Ashley's point of view and the fact that he wants 17th every year, what the f*** does he need a Rafa Benitez for?

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #20380 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:52:44 pm »
It was announced pretty quickly after relegation that he was staying so I think we’ll know one way or the other if he’s staying within the next two weeks.
?s=21

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #20381 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:54:12 pm »
From Ashley's point of view and the fact that he wants 17th every year, what the f*** does he need a Rafa Benitez for?

Cheaper to pay Rafa the big bucks than to spend money on players.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #20382 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:54:57 pm »
If he keeps Rafa he'll have to do both.

Offline sempuki

• General Member
« Reply #20383 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 04:30:36 pm »
Still nee idea how this will play out.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #20384 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 04:36:30 pm »
If he keeps Rafa he'll have to do both.

Or make it look enough like he wants to.