Poll

How likely is it that we go down? (0 = no chance, 10 = nailed on)

Author Topic: RELEGATIONOMETER IS BACK  (Read 866418 times)

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
Re: RELEGATIONOMETER IS BACK
« Reply #19450 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 08:59:28 am »
I'm at a 7. Ashley has plenty of the season left to somehow f*** us over.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #19451 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 12:52:15 pm »
Our biggest issue will be morale towards the end of the season if it becomes clear that Rafa is not signing a new contract.
If the players think/know he's leaving, the performances drop and we'll be in deep trouble.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #19452 on: Wednesday 28 November 2018, 01:17:23 pm »
I don't think Burnley looked too bad on the ball, they just get to a certain point and only have one way of creating a chance. They don't play long ball or anything, they just don't have any plan other than crossing it.

I actually thought they played decent football up to a point, but when you have Vokes and Wood as your strikers, then you are quite limited in the final third.

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #19453 on: Saturday 1 December 2018, 05:39:13 pm »

Offline ElCid

• General Member
« Reply #19454 on: Saturday 1 December 2018, 05:47:03 pm »
Might but then again might not - honestly think it's 50/50 currently. All may well depend on January as I'm certainly not confident this set of players are good enough to survive especially with the lack of creativity and goals. Suppose that makes me a five but I certainly wouldn't back this team to stay up either.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #19455 on: Saturday 1 December 2018, 05:49:03 pm »
Might but then again might not - honestly think it's 50/50 currently. All may well depend on January as I'm certainly not confident this set of players are good enough to survive especially with the lack of creativity and goals. Suppose that makes me a five but I certainly wouldn't back this team to stay up either.

Same, think it'll be touch and go.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #19456 on: Saturday 1 December 2018, 05:50:08 pm »
Im pretty sure we will stay up. Not sure what the point of it is though..

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #19457 on: Saturday 1 December 2018, 08:47:35 pm »
We'll definetly be there or there abouts, the squad already looks bereft of quality. We'll stand still in January while our rivals invest.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #19458 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:45:16 pm »
7 points from the next 5 games please. Then this thread becomes the Europameter.
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #19459 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:49:38 pm »
Wolves, Huddersfield and Fulham up next.

4pts from that and we're on 17 after 19 games (assuming a Liverpool loss). That's alright, like.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #19460 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:51:11 pm »
Big result that even if a draw.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19461 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 09:59:58 pm »
5 points off the team above us in 13th, bit depressing. :lol:

But most importantly, we're currently top of this season's 7-strong relegation mini-league. We've played 4, won 1, drawn 3, and we've got the best goal difference. Still eight games to go against that pack, more coming at home than away.

Things are looking alright at the minute. :thup:

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #19462 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:25:35 pm »
I would take 5 points from next 3 games. Important Huddersfield or Fulham don't beat us. Would be delighted if we get 7 like would be massive.

4 points ahead of relegation zone with better GD. Considering our lack of spending it's a decent enough position to be in.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #19463 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 02:46:18 am »
Rafa is performing miracles man.

Let's hope we are bought out by someone who isn't on suicide watch after every bad result like a lot on here are.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #19464 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 09:11:46 am »
4 points from these two games and we’ll be ok going into January.
?s=21

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #19465 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:08:21 pm »

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #19466 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:26:13 pm »
4 points from these two games and we’ll be ok going into January.

Oh.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #19467 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:27:04 pm »
Still 3.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #19468 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:28:15 pm »
Other then the West Ham game, i've seen enough over the last 6 games to time we are going to be alright.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #19469 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:29:43 pm »

This side cant win home games and that is what keeps you up in a relegation struggle. We have now played 9 at home losing 7 of them which means effectively to stay up we will need to win 4 away and 5 out of remaining 9 at home

Not going to happen unfortunately with this utter shower of s***

Unless serious quality is brought in January ( and we all know it wont be) then its goodbye premier league for us
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #19470 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:32:21 pm »

This side cant win home games and that is what keeps you up in a relegation struggle. We have now played 9 at home losing 7 of them which means effectively to stay up we will need to win 4 away and 5 out of remaining 9 at home

Unless serious quality is brought in January ( and we all know it wont be) then its goodbye premier league for us
I completely disagree with all of this, feels like you're being negative for the sake of being negative. We could possibly go down, but I don't see it being a near certainty like you appear too.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #19471 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:34:49 pm »

I completely disagree with all of this, feels like you're being negative for the sake of being negative. We could possibly go down, but I don't see it being a near certainty like you appear too.

Tell me where 8 or 9 more wins are coming from then bearing in mind we have lost at home to Brighton,Leicester,West Ham and Wolves who the f*** are we going to beat to hit the so called magic 40 pts mark
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #19472 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:35:44 pm »
5.  Could go either way.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #19473 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:36:07 pm »
Well it's an improvement on your solid 10 I guess.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #19474 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 06:36:10 pm »
Don't think we're particuarly bad but seeing Cardiff and Burnley win is concerning. And tbh Huddersfield aren't that bad either. Fulham score goals, Southampton have a promising new manager.