Author Topic: The 'GOLF' thread  (Read 114987 times)

Offline morgs

• General Member
The 'GOLF' thread
« on: Monday 15 September 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
A thread for all things golf, your golf, ryder cup etc.

I play off 11 but shot a 77 and 73 in the last 2 days  :pow:. practiced everyday for the last 2 weeks and it's finally paying off. won £70's worth of goods for my troubles as well.

Online Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
Re: The 'GOLF' thread
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 04:50:59 PM »
Really looking forward to the Ryder Cup, always a good watch.

I play off 12, though I don't play much at all these days. Think I've played five rounds or something like that this year.

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 05:16:52 PM »
Crazy Golf is better in my opinion.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Ice__Mag

« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
I play off 5. Havent played for the last month tho cos of the weather. The course has been flooded.

Cant wait for the ryder cup, can see Europe winning comfortably again.

lankybellwipe

« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
I play off 5. Havent played for the last month tho cos of the weather. The course has been flooded.

Cant wait for the ryder cup, can see Europe winning comfortably again.

The last time I played golf, I must have been 16. And I was to put it bluntly, fuckin s****!

I put in three cards to obtain a handicap (which turned out to be 18) which were more rigged than the North Sea!

But I also love watching the Ryder Cup, and no offence to our US compatriots here, but when we firmly shut the mouths of those arrogant "You're the man!"  "In the hole!"  "U-S-A!"  loud mouthed fuckin Fred Couples wannabe lard arsed, shorts and sandals wearing tossers, my day could not be more fulfilled!

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
Love the Ryder Cup, can't wait. :D

The last 2 have been pretty s**** in terms of being close, gripping battles in all fairness, for some reason the USA just haven't been the force they usually are. Much as I would like Europe to win this weekend, my main hope is a close battle like the epic ones we had in '95, '97, '99 and 2002. All brilliant battles with some wild twists.

95 was probably my favorite.

I play off 6, damn you Ice Mag.  :angry:

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
unfortunately, can only listen, cos its only on sky.  tb fair radio 5 do a pretty good job.

99' sticks in the memory for me, was driving to paris when i lost reception, was convinced we had it in the bag...didnt find out for 5 days we'd blown it.

its the only sport i actually participate in these days, and im sh!t at it.

GAMMELL

« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
Have not played golf since I was 15 & don't intend to either.

Remember been on the 14th hole down the local golf club, the green was like an island, think I 8 putted on a Par 3 & f*cked me old mans set a clubs straight into the water. Most infuraiting sport ever...

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 September 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
I play off 28 and to be honest,i could only achieve my proper handicap if i had my bollocks cut off and started to call myself Brenda.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

optimistic nit

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 September 2008, 12:16:04 AM »
i really wish i could play golf :( never given it a proper go to be fair, but i'm still s****.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 September 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Its w***.

Though that is down to the fact I had to play right handed when I'm a lefty, and it is the most annoying sport to play.

Online Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 September 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
I'm dump at golf, though like watching it. Think we will keep the Ryder cup, always a good watch like.

Ice__Mag

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 September 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
Love the Ryder Cup, can't wait. :D

The last 2 have been pretty s**** in terms of being close, gripping battles in all fairness, for some reason the USA just haven't been the force they usually are. Much as I would like Europe to win this weekend, my main hope is a close battle like the epic ones we had in '95, '97, '99 and 2002. All brilliant battles with some wild twists.

95 was probably my favorite.

I play off 6, damn you Ice Mag.  :angry:

Haha well my exact is 5.4 so chances are the next competition I play I'll be back off 6!

I've just been watching 'How the 2002 Ryder Cup was won, epic that one. Looking forward to this one, I cant see it being as close tho.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 September 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
Yeah I've SKY+ four so far, watched '95 yesterday and just on 97 now.

2002 I didn't get into as much as I usually would have because I'd just broken up with my girlfriend at the time and was in a bit of a humour. Definitely was brilliant though, look forward to watching that again. Azinger holing from the bunker on 18, knowing he had to to keep the entire tournament alive was insane.

Offline morgs

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 September 2008, 06:03:41 PM »
havent decided whether faldo will be a liability or a big plus. if he's a liability we could lose by 3 or 4. if not should see it out comfortably. dont like the idea of this pairing countries though. i would try playing those experienced on us tour with those not so.

Offline pedro111

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 September 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
Yay, my chance to slag off a sport I dont like.

While I recognise the skill involved it is just THE most boring sport to watch, worse than cricket.

Having said that, I like going to Wallsend driving range and smacking some balls about.

Anyone tried that Jurassic Park Lost World crazy golf down Tynemouth?  Probably more interesting than the Ryder Cup tbh.

Offline cp40

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 September 2008, 07:15:46 PM »
Yay, my chance to slag off a sport I dont like.

While I recognise the skill involved it is just THE most boring sport to watch, worse than cricket.

Having said that, I like going to Wallsend driving range and smacking some balls about.

Anyone tried that Jurassic Park Lost World crazy golf down Tynemouth?  Probably more interesting than the Ryder Cup tbh.

the artificial grass at the dinosaur golf, is too hard, and the ball just rolls forever, or untill it hits an object. its impossible to  roll up a put.

Offline ross magoo

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 September 2008, 10:00:07 PM »
I used to play now and again but I haven't played for about two years.  I used to play about once a week and played off 18 but work commitments meant I had to give it up.

However, i've applied for a transfer within my organisation to be closer to home and it would mean being on permanent backshift starting at 4pm each day so the golf clubs will be coming out again pretty soon.

I reckon if I played three or four times a week I could get down to single figures.
I'm bored of Hampden anyway

Offline Thespence

• General Member
  • Just asking questions
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 September 2008, 10:06:45 PM »
Faldo's speech is shocking
All the greats wear 23: Michael Jordan, Shane Warne, David Beckham & Shola Ameobi

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 05:35:58 AM »
I like how Faldo was getting interviewed and Welcome to the Jungle was being blasted in the background.

Even the SSN person noticed it and had a little giggle to herself.

Online Nobody

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
When do they start playing today?
Haven't got the channel to watch it at home, but should catch some of it at work.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 10:05:59 AM »
1.05pm.

Online Nobody

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 10:11:06 AM »
Cheers, will have to find some other way of watching it before work then :shifty:

Online Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 01:09:59 PM »
This will be good, the crowd seem really up for it, though I can't see America winning any of these foursomes. 3-1 after the foursomes is my guess.

K9

« Reply #24 on: Friday 19 September 2008, 01:18:32 PM »
This on sky?