Author Topic: The 'GOLF' thread  (Read 121926 times)

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
Re: The 'GOLF' thread
« Reply #5075 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 11:50:48 PM »
The other two guys I was thinking about throwing some money at are doing quite well, obviously. Chez and Homa.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5076 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 10:00:59 AM »
Played my second round in 10 years yesterday (after a fairly terrible first round last week). I'm almost certain now that I'm not a very good golfer.

However, I'm in the market for a new driver - mine is cheap and terrible. Don't want to spend more than £200 but no idea what is good these days? Any advice?

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5077 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
Generally I would have said Taylor Made and Callaway are the brands that are the best mix of being quality clubs that are more forgiving for regular golfers.

The c*** of it all is that drivers are ridiculously expensive and the companies do a very good job of getting their older products off the market when they bring out their latest 450 quid monstrosity.

You looking for something brand new or willing to go second hand?

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5078 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:30:40 PM »
Longer odds guys I’ve thought about are Wolff (66/1) Sergio (60/1) and Brendon Todd (100/1) as they are quality off the tee.

Choosing Sergio and Wolff was pretty sweet decision making eh? :lol:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5079 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:56:05 PM »
Koepka off in the trees in a dodgy spot, starts pointing out ants to his caddie :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5080 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 06:10:52 PM »
Played my second round in 10 years yesterday (after a fairly terrible first round last week). I'm almost certain now that I'm not a very good golfer.

However, I'm in the market for a new driver - mine is cheap and terrible. Don't want to spend more than £200 but no idea what is good these days? Any advice?

Would definitely start looking second-hand. 2ndswing.com usually has some decent deals but it'll also give you a good idea on what's out there.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5081 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
Bryson 350 into the wind :lol:

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #5082 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 08:43:36 PM »

Would definitely start looking second-hand. 2ndswing.com usually has some decent deals but it'll also give you a good idea on what's out there.

Doesn’t look the most uk based site ever :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5083 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 09:36:05 PM »
Definitely throwing some money Chez's way next week if I don't lose all the bets I made this week. :lol:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5084 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 10:24:06 PM »
Hell of a tournament this.

JT hadn't put a foot wrong until that shot on 12, his driving has been awesome. Be interesting to see if he can keep his momentum. Todd has been pretty s*** almost all day but he’s scrambled well for pars and he’s still in it.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5085 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 10:55:50 PM »
Incredible break for JT there.

Looks like it’s him or Brooks, should be a fun hour.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5086 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 10:56:39 PM »
Holy s*** Thomas is all over the place :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5087 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:01:02 PM »
Almost threw down a free $30 on Brooks yesterday to win it all but just as I went to hit the bet he went from 2200 to 700 and I didn't. Should've pulled the trigger quicker.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5088 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:07:06 PM »
Had a sneaky bet on JT yesterday so I’m all in on this :lol:

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5089 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:09:15 PM »
What a shot.

Cuba I can’t fully explain how hard those little half wedge shots are under pressure. So much that can go wrong yet these lads consistently hit them perfectly.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5090 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:09:46 PM »
I put the free one on Phil at 3000 thinking he wasn't really that far behind and has the experience to pull five back on the final day, but it wasn't just there for him today unfortunately. Only -2 on the day.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5091 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:10:04 PM »
I see you AGAIN @thomas :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5092 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:11:15 PM »
What a shot.

Cuba I can’t fully explain how hard those little half wedge shots are under pressure. So much that can go wrong yet these lads consistently hit them perfectly.

JT's was definitely a great shot. Probably the most improved part of my game over the last year. I used to blade it almost every time. Now I can at least chip it onto the green and nearish the flag with some regularity.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5093 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:12:32 PM »
I put the free one on Phil at 3000 thinking he wasn't really that far behind and has the experience to pull five back on the final day, but it wasn't just there for him today unfortunately. Only -2 on the day.

Yeah just didn’t make the putts early and then things got a bit ragged.

Good to see him playing well though, f*** what I would give for him to win the US Open this year. I’d have to hunt Ronaldo from on here down and go for a pint to celebrate. :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5094 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:14:38 PM »
 :lol: I'll give you his number if Phil pulls it off.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5095 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:17:07 PM »
What a shot.

JT's was definitely a great shot. Probably the most improved part of my game over the last year. I used to blade it almost every time. Now I can at least chip it onto the green and nearish the flag with some regularity.

Definitely the part of the game that is all about playing enough to get the feel right.

No chance of scoring well if you’re blading and duffing those.

Went to the range for a couple of hours today, swing is definitely coming along. Public holiday tomorrow too so playing a round in the afternoon :)

Was just waiting for Brooks’ shot to grab and spin, must have been a mishit?

Man Fitzpatrick filling his shorts with s**** there. Damn.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #5096 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:19:27 PM »

Ah yes you’ve met him, haven’t you?

Send him my regards, tell him to come back just for the golf thread and we’ll have another person to talk to. :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5097 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:19:48 PM »
20 holes and Phil would have this and win me almost a grand.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5098 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:21:38 PM »

Ah yes you’ve met him, haven’t you?

Send him my regards, tell him to come back just for the golf thread and we’ll have another person to talk to. :lol:

Yeah we hung out a few times when he was in Orlando on vacation. He absolutely loves Florida. We hung out in Vegas once too when I happened to be there the same week he was. And will do!

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #5099 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 11:32:19 PM »
Holy s*** what a putt