Author Topic: The 'GOLF' thread  (Read 125020 times)

Offline quayside

• General Member
  • No Agenda
Re: The 'GOLF' thread
« Reply #4825 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 08:27:47 PM »

That Solheim Cup was as good as it gets.
[/quote]

Word  :thup:
« Last Edit: Sunday 15 September 2019, 09:50:17 PM by quayside »

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #4826 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 08:43:33 PM »
That Solheim Cup was as good as it gets.

Sounded an epic ending.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4827 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 08:55:38 PM »
It was so close and then it just went arseways for Europe right at the end of the middle order... seemed to be all over.

Incredible that both Law and Petterson pulled out wins. Amazing that the two matches finished within like 20 seconds of each other.

Offline quayside

• General Member
  • No Agenda
« Reply #4828 on: Sunday 15 September 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
It was so close and then it just went arseways for Europe right at the end of the middle order... seemed to be all over.

Incredible that both Law and Petterson pulled out wins. Amazing that the two matches finished within like 20 seconds of each other.

Absolutely. And Pettersen has now announced that she is retiring - what an amazing way to end a great career...

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #4829 on: Sunday 27 October 2019, 11:31:28 PM »
Tiger looking like matching Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #4830 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 12:39:59 AM »
He does it, incredible.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4831 on: Sunday 15 December 2019, 05:12:23 AM »
This weekend was incredible.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #4832 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 12:38:38 PM »
Just noticed Close House has the British Masters on at end of July. Me and my pal are going on the Saturday: £40 not bad. £62 for the weekend which is great value tbf.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4833 on: Friday 28 February 2020, 08:20:06 PM »
This Honda Classic is eating people up. Only 24 people under par currently.

Three of the five tied for first are English though. ;)

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4834 on: Sunday 1 March 2020, 11:01:27 PM »
Thought Fleetwood was gonna do it after holing that long birdie on 17. Shocked to see him dunk it in the water down the last when he just needed birdie for a playoff.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4835 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 01:53:21 AM »
Stoked for Sung-jae though. First win at 21 is hella impressive. He’s going to be some player.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4836 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
Has a chance to be alright. Presumably he’ll regress at some point like the likes of Joaquin Niemann and Si Woo Kim have. The likes of Spieth and McIlroy are rare, will likely be a fair while before he becomes a consistent force...

At which point he likely gets pulled into two years in the military.

Remember Bae Sangmoon? Poor lad hasn’t hit a good shot since.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4837 on: Thursday 12 March 2020, 09:28:41 PM »
Starting tomorrow, no spectators at PGA Tour events until the Masters.

Bet Patrick Reed wishes he played better today. No one around to heckle him if he makes the cut. :lol:

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4838 on: Friday 13 March 2020, 03:30:41 AM »
And now Players canceled after only the first round and no events possibly until The Masters.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4839 on: Friday 13 March 2020, 08:40:44 AM »
Had each way bets on Cantlay and Bezuidenhoot ffs :lol:

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4840 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 10:56:02 PM »
Hope y'all are watching today. 7 tied for first, 21 players within two shots, 26 total within three. Almost everyone still playing.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4841 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 11:09:17 PM »
And y'all's boy Hatton in the lead.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4842 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 11:29:38 PM »
He can f*** off I backed Ancer before the tournament :lol:

The weather delay took a lot of the early starters out of it, course is just there for the taking. Think it’s realistically between about six of them right now.

Broncos and golf eh, Cuba? And you know how to make nice drinks. Move to Ireland, we’ll hang out. :lol:

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4843 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 11:38:00 PM »
He can f*** off I backed Ancer before the tournament :lol:

The weather delay took a lot of the early starters out of it, course is just there for the taking. Think it’s realistically between about six of them right now.

Broncos and golf eh, Cuba? And you know how to make nice drinks. Move to Ireland, we’ll hang out. :lol:

:lol: But I can see Mile High out my window, just across the street from my apartment, and we have insanely beautiful courses here. How about y'all move here?

I do love myself some Ancer. Seems like he'll have a long career ahead of him. My top three are definitely Ancer, Im, and Koepka (since he's from the next town south of where I was born and raised).

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4844 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 11:44:38 PM »
Think I missed my window on living in the US for part of my life. Fiancé would never go for it, she watches too much John Oliver. :lol:

Yeah seems like a matter of time until Ancer wins something, so good tee to green. Hatton looks to be putting better and I do think that may be the difference today as they’re both giving themselves chance after chance.

Do you play much yourself?

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4845 on: Sunday 21 June 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
Think I missed my window on living in the US for part of my life. Fiancé would never go for it, she watches too much John Oliver. :lol:

Yeah seems like a matter of time until Ancer wins something, so good tee to green. Hatton looks to be putting better and I do think that may be the difference today as they’re both giving themselves chance after chance.

Do you play much yourself?

I didn't start until last year, mid-August, when my buddies started a group called Warfield Golf Club to get a bunch of us misfits (we're all tattooed and bearded bartenders/barbers/tattoo artists/etc) out there playing. But I've played quite a bit since then. We can pretty much play year-round here which is nice. Covid put a halt to our group for a little while but since the courses are back open I've been taking in about an average of 18 a week. Down to the mid-90s at the moment and my goal is to break 90 this summer.🤞

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4846 on: Monday 22 June 2020, 12:06:32 AM »
I probably should move there, I actually finally joined my local course last week and showing up to play with two random old lads with my big stupid mohawk on me was a nice first impression. Golf club people are the worst :lol:

Nobody I know who lives here plays so I’m reduced to random c***s. Back in my hometown I’d have my brothers and a good few of the lads, couple more years and my son should be ready to begin his ascent to the top of the golfing world so I’ll just play with him.

Used to be pretty good but I’m more or less starting over now in terms of getting a handicap and all that. Shot 92 in my first round back, used to play off 6 so wasn’t particularly impressed but plenty of good shots in there.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4847 on: Monday 22 June 2020, 12:14:40 AM »
f***, Ancer has had a couple of putts that looked good the last two holes but didn’t drop.

Online cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #4848 on: Monday 22 June 2020, 12:17:33 AM »
Yeah it's definitely been a lot back and forth right now. Hoping he can get it all together. His drives and iron game has been the best in the field this weekend but his putting has just been a bit off.

And hell yeah on your own golf man, those are good numbers!

Really hoping we get taken over and go for Bale, his golfing antics have been hilarious.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #4849 on: Monday 22 June 2020, 12:23:25 AM »
Yeah he’s had a few iron shots that were dead on the flag but the distance was just off too, that last approach on 12 another example.

Last green will have been a huge boost for Hatton, if Ancer’s putt had dropped then Hatton has a ten footer to avoid falling two behind, instead he gets out with no loss.

Another burns the edge for Ancer on 12, putts just not going for him. Hatton takes the lead, he’s putted so well all week.