Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 67189 times)

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #825 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
Quality Jill and good choice, I love my Nirvana smily face tattoo on my calf with all in all is all we are from All Apologies underneath it. I didn’t like the pain mind and that and deciding what I would want is preventing me from becoming an addict as well because I’d love a few more.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #826 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #827 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
Really considering getting some more tattoos, just not decided what to get or where to get it/them

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #828 on: Wednesday 4 July 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
Thinking about getting a hand poked kit...

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #829 on: Wednesday 4 July 2018, 10:29:17 PM »
I think I'm addicted mind. I knew this would happen.

Already? Good work.

I think I actually like the "pain" whilst they're being done for some reason.

Didn’t like the pain of my last one last week, but it was the third of a 4 hour session so think my adrenaline had gone. Never again. For a few months.

Offline Altamullan

• General Member
  • 6th time in Europe=goal failed.
« Reply #830 on: Thursday 5 July 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
First one at 15, in Gateshead; regretted it within a year or so. Got p*ssed in Folkestone at 17 and ended up with a Geordies ("are you sure that's 'ow you spell it son?" ) and a dragon (memorable night...). Hated them all at various points, really don't think about them now. Perhaps too much to hate about the rest of my body!

I would love to know what has happened to the guy going before me for the first one who was getting the 1980s' NUFC badge on his scalp. I like to imagine him as a balding middle-aged white-collar worker. All suited and booted with the crest gradually being revealed as his hair recedes.   
No se ganó Zamora en una hora y lo barato sale caro

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #831 on: Monday 9 July 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
Quality Jill and good choice, I love my Nirvana smily face tattoo on my calf with all in all is all we are from All Apologies underneath it. I didn’t like the pain mind and that and deciding what I would want is preventing me from becoming an addict as well because I’d love a few more.

Very succinct for you HTT. Surprised you didn’t get all the lyrics done :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #832 on: Thursday 12 July 2018, 04:34:44 PM »

:lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #833 on: Thursday 12 July 2018, 08:25:28 PM »

Cheeky :lol:

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #834 on: Thursday 12 July 2018, 08:48:10 PM »
Quite tempted to get my first bit of ink actually.

Wor lass has threatened to evict me if it's anything to do with Rick and Morty though.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #835 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 10:10:15 AM »
Wor lass has threatened to evict me if it's anything to do with Rick and Morty though.

Hard to get a good picture cause it wraps round my arm, but that's my Rick and Morty piece. If you know, you know.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #836 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 06:27:25 PM »
Do shops in the UK do a Friday the 13th thing?

Just went and got a little banger this morning, $20 + tip.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #837 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 06:30:59 PM »
The tipping a tattooer in America is a weird thing considering they earn a fortune.
LGM

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #838 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 06:46:44 PM »
The tipping a tattooer in America is a weird thing considering they earn a fortune.

:lol: What?

I have a few buddies that run shops around Denver and the going rate for a chair in a shop is low-end about $800 a week. They're not making a "fortune" when it comes down to it.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #839 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 06:49:17 PM »

Hard to get a good picture cause it wraps round my arm, but that's my Rick and Morty piece. If you know, you know.

:lol: that's mint

Not too in your face either

Offline RodneyCisse

• General Member
  • <3
« Reply #840 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 07:03:02 PM »

:lol: What?

I have a few buddies that run shops around Denver and the going rate for a chair in a shop is low-end about $800 a week. They're not making a "fortune" when it comes down to it.

That’s insane  :lol: most shops here (that are any good) the tattooer pays £350/400 to the shop then whatever they earn after is theirs and if you’re good you can earn that in a day.
LGM

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #841 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:42:14 PM »
I'll tip on small pieces from time to time but I don't tip on all day sessions.

One of the tattooists I use charges £450 for a full day and she's normally fully booked for the whole week. Know a guy that works at another studio that is booked up for the rest of the year. He also charges around £400 for the day.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #842 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:49:24 PM »
Damn. The above average artists here in Denver charge $200/hr usually. Then a 20% tip on that.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline djmattis

• General Member
  • Hail satan
« Reply #843 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
I got a tattoo a couple of months ago on my back, first one. A lot of pain but really happy finally doing it, been thinking about it since I was about 17-18 but never really got to it. It was a bit more painful than I thought it would be, and I imagined it to be quite painful already before starting. But it's absolutely amazing how the whole process works though, really gave me some sort of satisfaction being under the needle that I didn't think I would experience. Almost to the point where it felt sad and depressing when the tattoo was done.

Not a fan of posting stuff like this in public though, so if anyone wants to have a look at it send me a PM and I'll send you a picture.
Ever since you were born you've been dying

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #844 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 12:37:13 PM »
I got a tattoo a couple of months ago on my back, first one. A lot of pain but really happy finally doing it, been thinking about it since I was about 17-18 but never really got to it. It was a bit more painful than I thought it would be, and I imagined it to be quite painful already before starting. But it's absolutely amazing how the whole process works though, really gave me some sort of satisfaction being under the needle that I didn't think I would experience. Almost to the point where it felt sad and depressing when the tattoo was done.

Not a fan of posting stuff like this in public though, so if anyone wants to have a look at it send me a PM and I'll send you a picture.

What is it though?

Offline djmattis

• General Member
  • Hail satan
« Reply #845 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Sent you a PM.
Ever since you were born you've been dying

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #846 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
Love that feeling after a tattoo. You’re so up it’s awesome. Then it makes you immediately want another one.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #847 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 04:18:41 PM »
It only feels good for as long as the adrenaline keeps pumping. As soon as that's done I feel like death and the last thing on my mind is getting tattooed again.

Give me the pain from getting tattooed over the post tattoo come down any day of the week.

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #848 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
Went crazy and booked myself in for my first proper tattoo on Sunday.
A studio that i follow in Leeds put a post on Instagram that they had 2 free slots before Christmas, i sent them a message on the off chance they hadn't been filled and before i knew it i'd booked it and paid my deposit. 

I'm shitting it a bit now!!  :lol:

Online Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #849 on: Thursday 20 December 2018, 05:50:10 PM »
It only feels good for as long as the adrenaline keeps pumping. As soon as that's done I feel like death and the last thing on my mind is getting tattooed again.

Give me the pain from getting tattooed over the post tattoo come down any day of the week.

I had both arms done in one sitting. First was fine, second was like someone was cutting my arm off. Basically because the adrenaline was all focused on healing the first one.

I’ll never have more than one place done in the same sitting again.

Giving blood tomorrow then booking another one in the next few weeks, probably over my shoulders.