Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 67182 times)

Open_C

Re: Tattoos
« Reply #800 on: Wednesday 18 April 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
No doubt doing the rounds on Facebook and what have you, but a friend of mine who knows I will never have a tattoo sent me this wonderful thing as particularly well suited to me [emoji38]

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #801 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
Just getting my first one now. It tickles like f***. :lol:

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #802 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 11:53:08 AM »

Where (on your body) are you getting it done?

I've got 3 more booked for this friday and a bigger piece in a couple of weeks. Bit obsessed now.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #803 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
Hoping to start my collection soon once I've hit my weight goals.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #804 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:02:49 PM »

That was my approach too (and still is actually). It's the only thing that actually motivates me to keep in shape. Oh, and my 2 year old son that I have to run round after.

What you thinking of getting done?

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #805 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:02:50 PM »

Where (on your body) are you getting it done?

I've got 3 more booked for this friday and a bigger piece in a couple of weeks. Bit obsessed now.

Back of my calf.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #806 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:04:31 PM »

Tats oot for the lads!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #807 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:09:29 PM »

It's for my dad because he wanted something similar but never got to that one on his list. My sister's getting the same b

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #808 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:20:21 PM »
Nice, guessing he was a fan of pink floyd.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #809 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
Yep. :lol: I do actually like them as well.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #810 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:22:34 PM »

That was my approach too (and still is actually). It's the only thing that actually motivates me to keep in shape. Oh, and my 2 year old son that I have to run round after.

Not sure yet, think when I get next few months over with (with degree etc) then I'll concentrate on what I want doing and where.  Was going to ask people for any links to get some inspiration.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #811 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:26:59 PM »
Really nice that Jill.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #812 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:28:59 PM »

Not sure yet, think when I get next few months over with (with degree etc) then I'll concentrate on what I want doing and where.  Was going to ask people for any links to get some inspiration.

I started with music (drum) related tats, but kinda moved on to whatever I think looks nice. Getting a rose on Friday in memory of my mum but I reckon I'm gonna end up getting full sleeves eventually. Much to my wife's disapproval.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #813 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 12:33:40 PM »

I started with music (drum) related tats, but kinda moved on to whatever I think looks nice. Getting a rose on Friday in memory of my mum but I reckon I'm gonna end up getting full sleeves eventually. Much to my wife's disapproval.

Sounds good.

Yeah, I only really want to get some when I'm happy to show them off with my body.  Lost 3 1/2 stone now in 4 years, but I've changed my diet quite a bit recently and it seems to accelerating the weight loss so hoping to lose another 1 1/2 by the end of the year.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #814 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
I think I'm addicted mind. I knew this would happen.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #815 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 01:22:24 PM »

Already? Good work.

I think I actually like the "pain" whilst they're being done for some reason.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #816 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 01:23:07 PM »

Sounds good.

Yeah, I only really want to get some when I'm happy to show them off with my body.  Lost 3 1/2 stone now in 4 years, but I've changed my diet quite a bit recently and it seems to accelerating the weight loss so hoping to lose another 1 1/2 by the end of the year.

Great work that. Be a nice little reward for you when you hit target then.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #817 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 04:08:37 PM »
They are addictive like.

Got my first one done April of last year. Now currently sitting at 12 tattoos with more to come.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #818 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 04:32:47 PM »

:lol: I walked out after my first one and was like, I’d go back in right now if I could afford it. Super addictive.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #819 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 04:37:53 PM »

I’m a true believer in finding the right style first and then fitting in your own idea to that.

Start by following accounts on instagram like ”blackworkers” that post daily tattoos from around the world and it’ll start to give you an idea of what’s going on out there in the world of tattoos and can give you inspiration. You might not be able to get to Sweden or Brazil to get a tattoo from someone on there but there may be someone far more local that does a similar style that you can talk to.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #820 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 05:13:47 PM »
This is my current favorite artist in the UK: https://www.instagram.com/suflanda
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #821 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 05:15:20 PM »

I’m a true believer in finding the right style first and then fitting in your own idea to that.

Start by following accounts on instagram like ”blackworkers” that post daily tattoos from around the world and it’ll start to give you an idea of what’s going on out there in the world of tattoos and can give you inspiration. You might not be able to get to Sweden or Brazil to get a tattoo from someone on there but there may be someone far more local that does a similar style that you can talk to.

Cheers.  I know its something I shouldn't rush into.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #822 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 05:41:11 PM »
I'm the opposite now :lol:

I have several tattoos that were done on my lunch break because I felt like getting tattooed that day. Literally seen something I liked the look of, walked in to a studio, got tattooed and been back at me desk in work within an hour. I don't regret any of them but if I had/took longer to think I might not have gotten them.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #823 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 05:44:53 PM »

I have several tattoos that were done on my lunch break because I felt like getting tattooed that day. Literally seen something I liked the look of, walked in to a studio, got tattooed and been back at me desk in work within an hour. I don't regret any of them but if I had/took longer to think I might not have gotten them.

I've lightened my view on it significantly, but I think if you want to get a bigger, personal piece for your first tattoo, that the method I talked about above works best. Now that I'm just working on filling out a sleeve with tattoos when I travel, it becomes a more shoot from the hip style, which I think is the way you'll have to go if you want to just get a bunch.

I'm saving my other arm for one big sleeve piece though that I'll get from a trusted and high quality artist that has a style I love and is stoked to go through the journey with me which requires research.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #824 on: Tuesday 26 June 2018, 06:19:13 PM »

I've lightened my view on it significantly, but I think if you want to get a bigger, personal piece for your first tattoo, that the method I talked about above works best. Now that I'm just working on filling out a sleeve with tattoos when I travel, it becomes a more shoot from the hip style, which I think is the way you'll have to go if you want to just get a bunch.

I'm saving my other arm for one big sleeve piece though that I'll get from a trusted and high quality artist that has a style I love and is stoked to go through the journey with me which requires research.

Photo of work so far?