Author Topic: How the Loyalty Scheme works...  (Read 19029 times)

Offline Wubble-UC

• General Member
How the Loyalty Scheme works...
« on: Monday 28 July 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
Rang them up tonight to check my password and ended up stopping on the phone for 10 minutes, talking to the lad about how it all works. It's generally exactly as I thought but I think its worth sharing as it's taken the best part of a decade for them to tell me the full story, or anyone else for that matter.

The lad didn't say this bit on the phone, it's just what I've been told in the past. It might be wrong, but we'll just have to see what happens from now on..You receive one point for every away league and cup game you attend. You don't get a point just for applying and you don't get any points at all for Euro games (home or away) or home cup games.

This bit is definitely right:-

To use Man Utd. as an example, this is how it works:-

Our allocation for this game is 2250. They stick that number into the computer, which then pulls out the top 2250 people on the loyalty list. They then look at person number 2250 and see how many loyalty points that person has. In this case it was 76, so they set the threshold at that.

If those top 2250 all applied then they would get the tickets. However, this is not likely, as a chunk of the people making up the top of the list haven't applied for a while and may not in the future, they just haven't dropped down the list yet. That being the case, the threshold will be lowered. They will keep on lowering it until it hits zero, at which point any season ticket holder can apply. If there's still some left after that they go to members, then a general sale.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 30 July 2008, 10:54:44 AM by Greg »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: How the Loyalty Scheme works..
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 July 2008, 11:26:57 PM »
Seems simple enough, cheers. :thup:

Offline Jamie

• Not James
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 12:45:28 AM »
I hope they are constantly updating how many points are needed to apply then. Knowing our box office it probably won't and will turn out to be a shambles
“Home advantage gives you an advantage.“

Offline alanwilliams99

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 08:26:07 AM »
Well the deadline for the loyalty scheme is 6th Aug, then the members get the opportunity to buy from the 8th. So does this mean the members sale gets pushed back? - if so how long have the next threshold of supporters got to get there application in? - I don't see how this is going to work, there simply aren't enough days in the year.

Why the F*ck couldn't they just keep it as it was last year, where every season ticket holder applies, and if they were over subscribed, then say, "Sorry, the threshold needed for this particular match was 35 and unfortunately you did not meet the critera... you can view your loyalty points online etc" - Is that not just simple?

Also, no points for away European matches???? I've been to about 4 or 5 european matches and your telling me that they consider me going to Sunderland (a F*ckin 30 minute bus ruide) more loyal than trapsing to Holland, Spain, France, Italty & germany, by easyjet flights here and bus rides there?????? What a b*llock up by the club!!!

I have only got 56 loyalty points and have been to Man u for the past 5 seasons but can't apply initially for it this season.... Most seasons these went on general sale for F*cks sakes?!?!? They could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they just thought about it a bit better....

This whole loyalty ticketing system and the friends and family scheme have the potential to be very good but I have no doubt they will f*ck it up completely...... just like the team :doh:

Offline kingston_toon

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
The system shows I have 0 loyalty points, despite going to around half the away games each season!

And I'm *seriously* p*ssed off that Euro away games count for nothing... I'm off to Palma for both games at the weekend, and went to every Euro away tie of our previous two or three UEFA campaigns, even being one of only 180 in Palermo! What a f*cking joke.

Offline Wubble-UC

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
Well the deadline for the loyalty scheme is 6th Aug, then the members get the opportunity to buy from the 8th. So does this mean the members sale gets pushed back? - if so how long have the next threshold of supporters got to get there application in? - I don't see how this is going to work, there simply aren't enough days in the year.

Once they can see how many people are applying for the first deadline they can gague whether they should drop it yet. Could end up being before the 6th.

Why the F*ck couldn't they just keep it as it was last year, where every season ticket holder applies, and if they were over subscribed, then say, "Sorry, the threshold needed for this particular match was 35 and unfortunately you did not meet the critera... you can view your loyalty points online etc" - Is that not just simple?

It is the same as it was last year. The only thing that's changed is how you apply.

Also, no points for away European matches???? I've been to about 4 or 5 european matches and your telling me that they consider me going to Sunderland (a F*ckin 30 minute bus ruide) more loyal than trapsing to Holland, Spain, France, Italty & germany, by easyjet flights here and bus rides there?????? What a b*llock up by the club!!!

The Euro bit narked me aswell, as I've been to 20 odd of our Euro aways. Still, pointless complaining as you can't do anything about it. Also, it's worth bearing in mind that it might change now, but since we aren't in Europe it'll be a while before we find out. As I've now modified my post to say above, the lad on the phone didn't tell me that bit, I've just been told that in the past, but having looked through my own I don't think they counted.

I have only got 56 loyalty points and have been to Man u for the past 5 seasons but can't apply initially for it this season.... Most seasons these went on general sale for F*cks sakes?!?!? They could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they just thought about it a bit better..

They have saved themselves a lot of hassle though mate. By making the threshold public, they will only receive apps from people who are eligible, rather than shitloads of people who aren't. That way, things will be processed quicker. Also it's all electronic so they aren't sitting in mountains of apps, which have proved easy to lose in the past. With regards to Man United, you can't apply initially, but the chances are you'll be able to next week. Whats the rush? Surely as long as you get your ticket before the game, there's nee bother? It's only time you would have spent waiting to find out anyway really.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 12:33:03 PM by Wubble-UC »

Offline alanwilliams99

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 03:10:11 PM »

Once they can see how many people are applying for the first deadline they can gague whether they should drop it yet. Could end up being before the 6th.

It is the same as it was last year. The only thing that's changed is how you apply.

The Euro bit narked me aswell, as I've been to 20 odd of our Euro aways. Still, pointless complaining as you can't do anything about it. Also, it's worth bearing in mind that it might change now, but since we aren't in Europe it'll be a while before we find out. As I've now modified my post to say above, the lad on the phone didn't tell me that bit, I've just been told that in the past, but having looked through my own I don't think they counted.

I have only got 56 loyalty points and have been to Man u for the past 5 seasons but can't apply initially for it this season.... Most seasons these went on general sale for F*cks sakes?!?!? They could have saved themselves a lot of hassle if they just thought about it a bit better..

They have saved themselves a lot of hassle though mate. By making the threshold public, they will only receive apps from people who are eligible, rather than shitloads of people who aren't. That way, things will be processed quicker. Also it's all electronic so they aren't sitting in mountains of apps, which have proved easy to lose in the past. With regards to Man United, you can't apply initially, but the chances are you'll be able to next week. Whats the rush? Surely as long as you get your ticket before the game, there's nee bother? It's only time you would have spent waiting to find out anyway really.

I see that they have now announced all this Today about Season ticket holders applying after the loyalty bit... which nobody knew about yesterday... and had many fearing a season ticket holder was no better off than a "membership" holder....

Hopefully common sense will prevail with regard to european matches if they are not counted.

I don't like to whinge for the sake of it, I just think everything should be planned better and announced better rather than just released, then sorted out once the complaints hit from the supporters...

sahara

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 07:22:44 PM »
I finally have managed to log in but it says I have zero points, yet last season alone I went to Man Utd, Sunderland, Boro and Stoke (cup).

Offline #9

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 29 July 2008, 11:43:19 PM »
i think the points are just picked at random or go back longer than the 10 years, My points total is alot higher than i thought it would be, at least 50 points over my guess, really dont think i can have under counted 50 aways over the last ten years it surely has to inc home cup games.

Offline leazes.ender

• General Member
  • Kiss off ya sad mackem b******s
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 July 2008, 12:13:54 AM »
If you click on the purchase history it lists all of your bookings on your season ticket number. Mine seems to start on the 1st Jan 2004 and has 250 records, although it seems to show home league games.

Home cup games certainly do count from what i've been told in the past. I've got 186 points so with on average 15 aways a season plus 10 cup games a season (incl Europe) that'll be 7 seasons. I see no reason that Euro aways are any different and they are contained on the purchase history.

If the people above have booked their tickets on their season ticket then you're due the points. However if you attended the games on someone elses or bought on general sale then it won't count.
====================================
You can take the Geordie out of Newcastle,
but you'll never take Newcastle out of a Geordie.

Offline Wubble-UC

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 July 2008, 01:36:07 AM »
Home cup games certainly do count from what i've been told in the past. I've got 186 points so with on average 15 aways a season plus 10 cup games a season (incl Europe) that'll be 7 seasons. I see no reason that Euro aways are any different and they are contained on the purchase history.

Aye I'm starting to think they do count now, but if they do I'm missing some pointage.

We'll just have to see what happens in the future mate, that's when we'll know for sure now it's all out in the open.

As I've said above the bit about cup games is just what they've told me in the past, we all know what they're like though, you could have rang two minutes later and got a different story!

Offline Mag3.14

• General Member
  • Forum Member
Re: How the Loyalty Scheme works...
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 11:40:39 AM »
I was told by the box office yesterday that home cup games do not count to the points total - If anybody has been told otherwise I would like to know - I cant get to that many away games
but go to almost all the home cup games.  After what I've been told yesterday, that kind of "loyalty" does not count  :dave:

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:16:06 PM »
As Manyoo was 76 points with an allocation of around 2500, does that mean the top 2500 fans have 76 points or more? And as Arsenal was 50 points with an allocation of around 2900, same question applies. Or do they take into accound when the game is, what time and whether its on tv?
AS9

Geordiesned

« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
As Manyoo was 76 points with an allocation of around 2500, does that mean the top 2500 fans have 76 points or more? And as Arsenal was 50 points with an allocation of around 2900, same question applies. Or do they take into accound when the game is, what time and whether its on tv?

Basically yes to your first assumption. Our allocation for Man Utd was 2,520 so the 2520th person in the loyalty table had 76 points.

Offline Kev

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 August 2008, 12:29:58 AM »
So if 76 points for man u with 2520 tickets
50 points for arsenal with 2900 tickets or something. so does this meen for sunderland if we get 3,000 tickets you will only need around the 50 points mark?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 August 2008, 12:49:03 AM »
50 points for arsenal with 2900 tickets or something. so does this meen for sunderland if we get 3,000 tickets you will only need around the 50 points mark?

Working on a (very rough) linear scale, 3,000 tickets would be about 44 points based on those other two games:

Tkts     Pts
2520  76
2550   74
2580   72
2610   70
2640   68
2670   66
2700   64
2730   62
2760   60
2790   58
2820   56
2850   54
2880   52
2910  50
2940   48
2970   46
3000  44

Unlikely to be accurate though; depends on the actual table.

Offline leazes.ender

• General Member
  • Kiss off ya sad mackem b******s
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 August 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
I'd have thought that they'll be using the number of apps from previous years to work out the cut off. I very much doubt that the mackems cut-off will be anything like that. In fact my guess would be nearer 100. My family tickets have 130 ish credit and they were NOT offered away season tickets as far as i'm aware. From that it'd also be fair to asume that the lower you go the more people will occupy the slots.
You can take the Geordie out of Newcastle,
but you'll never take Newcastle out of a Geordie.

Lee-T

« Reply #17 on: Sunday 21 September 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
It was 76 points because they offered the Man Utd tickets to the people who did not take the away season ticket, first.

If you get me?

So to be in the top 1,500 you needed 76.

toonlass

« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 September 2008, 01:19:50 PM »
Surely the Everton game blows this theory out the window. 1900 allocation and the tickets immediately went on sale to anyone who had 10 loyalty points!

RowanB

« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 October 2008, 11:37:34 AM »
My account at nufc.co.uk, says I've got 16 loyalty points even though I don't have a season ticket. I do have a membership and have been to 21 away games. Surely I shouldn't have any points though. Can someone explain this to me please?

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Loyalty Points
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 September 2011, 04:45:09 PM »
Anybody's actually showing from this season yet?

As none of mine are.  :knuppel2:  :fool:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Haris Vuckic

Re: Loyalty Points
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 22 September 2011, 04:45:49 PM »

I lost a few - gained one from a European match that never actually happened & then lost it again.

Offline durhamunigeordie

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 September 2011, 04:45:52 PM »
Nothing for me - should have gained 2.
Sir Bobby Robson 1933 - 2009 - RIP a geordie and a gentleman.

Offline Greg

« Reply #23 on: Thursday 22 September 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
I think the box office have mentioned recently they have been having some trouble with the computer system but hope to get them showing soon.

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 22 September 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
Got none for Villa, one for Forest, one for Sunderland, one for Sunderland bus ticket and one for random non existant European game :lol:
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...