Author Topic: Dexter - Season 8, Episode 12  (Read 56157 times)

K9

Re: Dexter
« Reply #50 on: Monday 24 November 2008, 07:19:15 PM »
I didn't see that coming at all at the end, basically Miguel is a lot smarter about the whole thing than I thought, I believed that it was his blood out of a sort of Hispanic honor type stereotype.
It was mental, i don't understand what hes trying to do though.

Offline Allmo

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Monday 24 November 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
I didn't see that coming at all at the end, basically Miguel is a lot smarter about the whole thing than I thought, I believed that it was his blood out of a sort of Hispanic honor type stereotype.
It was mental, i don't understand what hes trying to do though.

Same, it still hasn't tied in together properly for me. I think Miguel must have had an inkling about Dexter as it just couldn't pan out the way it had. I just don't know what his end game will be other than trying to frame Dexter when he eventually is most likely caught, hence the animal blood so nothing points at him.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 29 November 2008, 12:47:42 AM »
Watched the latest one, and the thing that was nagging at me from the start of the Miguel thing has come to fruition...that Dexter believed it was his blood on the shirt in the first place? What the f***? With all his intelligence and going by the code he has gone to thus far why did that just slip his mind? Especially when it is something so very important. I mean even if he is still playing with Dexter as he knows he killed his bro it doesn't change the fact that Dexter overlooked this. Oh well, we will see what happens soon and this program still pisses over nearly everything from a great height.

K9

« Reply #53 on: Monday 1 December 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
OMG what a f***ing episode

skinner, bad move mate you don't f*** with dexter

timmy boy

« Reply #54 on: Monday 1 December 2008, 04:52:45 PM »
What a episode, best episode ever? Battle lines are drawn. How fuking cool is Dexter.

K9

« Reply #55 on: Monday 1 December 2008, 04:56:55 PM »
What a episode, best episode ever? Battle lines are drawn. How fuking cool is Dexter.
defo 1 of the best like and dexter is cool as f***

Offline Allmo

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Monday 1 December 2008, 07:29:57 PM »
f***ing hell, that was good, definitely up there with the best episodes. I couldn't see the plot going in this direction, I thought Dex might try and kill him, but this is just so much better than how I thought it would end up.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #57 on: Monday 1 December 2008, 11:36:35 PM »
Wow. Just f***ing wow!

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 01:31:01 AM »
Anyone know when this is getting aired in the UK? Cant fuckin wait.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 10:01:04 AM »
Quality episode, I still think Dexter would never have overlooked the shirt in the first place but that doesn't make much difference now.

timmy boy

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
Quality episode, I still think Dexter would never have overlooked the shirt in the first place but that doesn't make much difference now.

He was absorbed by Miguel at the time though, he finally had someone who he thought was similar to himself and thought that they both shared the same morals. He even discarded the rules of the code because he had faith in Miguel.

Offline Baggio

• Definitely not black
  • General Member
  • Thinks NU$C are s****.
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
Excellent stuff. O0

Miguel Prado is an awesome character, one of my favourites out of any tv show.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 04:30:43 PM »

He was absorbed by Miguel at the time though, he finally had someone who he thought was similar to himself and thought that they both shared the same morals. He even discarded the rules of the code because he had faith in Miguel.

Aye your probably right. I think Laguerta is going to be key to this whole thing somehow, especially after she saw that Miguel owned a big black SUV.

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 06:19:37 PM »
The thing I am most looking forward to: The coversation between teh skinner and dexter.
The skinner is a talker and Dex knows his psych profile and how to get in his head. Also Dex will have some interesting insight into now being the victim... however short a period of time that will be. The skinner is someone who thrives on repsct. I think the most interesting outcome would be that the skinner just lets him go "out of respect."

It will be interesting if his capture leads to new growth as a character. Every season (and the first book) has been about finding kinship or a bond with anyone or anything - will this be a new step?

Will Dexter allow the skinner to be captured and tried in a court of law? Seems unlikely but the exchange/sub-plot with ANgel made me think of him following suit and obviously he can't do that with Miguel - he needs to die and Dex is going to kill him (simple as).
One of the few remaining non-hystericals.

Offline Allmo

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 06:39:43 PM »
The thing I am most looking forward to: The coversation between teh skinner and dexter.
The skinner is a talker and Dex knows his psych profile and how to get in his head. Also Dex will have some interesting insight into now being the victim... however short a period of time that will be. The skinner is someone who thrives on repsct. I think the most interesting outcome would be that the skinner just lets him go "out of respect."

It will be interesting if his capture leads to new growth as a character. Every season (and the first book) has been about finding kinship or a bond with anyone or anything - will this be a new step?

Will Dexter allow the skinner to be captured and tried in a court of law? Seems unlikely but the exchange/sub-plot with ANgel made me think of him following suit and obviously he can't do that with Miguel - he needs to die and Dex is going to kill him (simple as).

I can't see any sort of bond occuring between Dexter and the Skinner for some reason. Dexters realised the code is always right, so he would if anything kill him, although yeah your right, I think the conversation what will occur is that of Dexter basically trying to manipulate him.

What I can see happening is Dexter framing the skinner for the murder of Miguel though.

Offline Baggio

• Definitely not black
  • General Member
  • Thinks NU$C are s****.
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 06:44:34 PM »
I thought Dexter was an expert in self-defense?

The skinner's only about 8 stone and sorted him out no problem.

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:06:42 PM »
I thought Dexter was an expert in self-defense?

The skinner's only about 8 stone and sorted him out no problem.

Surprised him didn't he? Dexter's biggest weakness: his overconfidence.

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:09:53 PM »

I can't see any sort of bond occuring between Dexter and the Skinner for some reason. Dexters realised the code is always right, so he would if anything kill him, although yeah your right, I think the conversation what will occur is that of Dexter basically trying to manipulate him.

What I can see happening is Dexter framing the skinner for the murder of Miguel though.
Good point about the code. I can see Dexter having a bond with someone and killing them anyway according to the code. Isn't this basically what happened with his brother and Lila? And to a lesser extent with his shrink in season 1?

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:10:56 PM »

I changed my mind. A bond: no. Perhaps and "understanding" of sorts before Dex kills him.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:47:35 PM »
Got a sneaky feeling Miguel is going to save Dexter from the skinner.

Offline CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
  • General Member
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:56:56 PM »
Can't see it. Miguel is angry and unwavering. It would be seriously out of character.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 2 December 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

I think Dexter is going to rape his soul and then when Miguel comes to finish the job Laguerta is going to come and save the day as she has been following Miguel.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 10:31:49 AM »
No new Dexter this week ?!

timmy boy

« Reply #73 on: Monday 8 December 2008, 12:59:34 PM »
No new Dexter this week ?!

There is. I just watched it, very good episode.

Offline Fatwax

• General Member
  • CAROL!
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 9 December 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
Absolutely brilliant episode. I have no idea what the last episode has in store after what happened in this one.