Author Topic: Nerd Wars - formerly the Star Wars thread (Use spoiler tags liberally)  (Read 192122 times)

Offline leffe186

• General Member
Re: Nerd Wars - formerly the Star Wars thread (Use spoiler tags liberally)
« Reply #5125 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 02:41:13 pm »
Why am I so f***ing stupid and gullible :lol:. That was ace.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5126 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 03:21:57 pm »
:sweetjesus:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5127 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 03:23:32 pm »
the evil rey bit has annoyed me like, it'll just be another force dream or some s****
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline ikri

• General Member
« Reply #5128 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 04:43:36 pm »
the evil rey bit has annoyed me like, it'll just be another force dream or some s****

Rule number 1 of Disney trailers: If they tease it in the trailer, that's probably not what's actually happening.

Dark-side Rey? Most likely a vision or a misdirect.  If the Return of the Jedi trailer was released today you'd see a hooded Luke force choking a guard & probably conclude that he was going to fall to the dark side, except in the final film it's nothing more than a new wardrobe & a display of his growing powers.  Someone on Reddit has suggested that it might be a vision by Kylo about what she could become rather than anything to do with Rey herself.

There's also that nifty-looking fleet of Star Destroyers.  Observant nerds (like myself) will notice that they're the old Imperial style ship & not the new First Order design.  Either that's a scene from a flashback or they'll be part of a hidden/forgotten fleet that ends up fighting for the Resistance against the First Order.  The C3PO part of the trailer?  Probably not C3PO, just another protocol droid.

Disney love this s***.  They release a trailer that doesn't really give too much away but gets people talking about it & building hype up.  Even Rogue One where we've known the general themes of the story since the title crawl of A New Hope they managed to put together a trailer that had people theorising about everything & even then some of the scenes from the trailer never made it to the final film.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5129 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 04:47:18 pm »
The Mandalorian has to be about Fett.  Can't think of any other reason why he's just "The Mandalorian" when all the other characters' names have been announced, plus a famous character like that would be a huge draw to Disney+.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5130 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 04:59:54 pm »
The Mandalorian has to be about Fett.  Can't think of any other reason why he's just "The Mandalorian" when all the other characters' names have been announced, plus a famous character like that would be a huge draw to Disney+.

it'll be someone pretending to be Fett imo

Sleep now in the fire

Offline bhoywhonder

• General Member
« Reply #5131 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 07:01:15 pm »
Does it matter that Fett wasn't an actual Mandalorian, but a clone? Genuine question, I dunno the logistics of this!
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

Offline ikri

• General Member
« Reply #5132 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 07:41:11 pm »
Does it matter that Fett wasn't an actual Mandalorian, but a clone? Genuine question, I dunno the logistics of this!

Boba isn't even the clone of a Mandalorian.  Jango just wore the armour he wasn't actually from there.

Online Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #5133 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 07:44:26 pm »
I'm guessing this is where the nerd bit comes in.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5134 on: Monday 26 August 2019, 09:19:04 pm »
That trailer looks class. Really can't wait, bloody love that we're getting new Star Wars.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #5135 on: Tuesday 27 August 2019, 08:12:06 am »

Rule number 1 of Disney trailers: If they tease it in the trailer, that's probably not what's actually happening.

Dark-side Rey? Most likely a vision or a misdirect.  If the Return of the Jedi trailer was released today you'd see a hooded Luke force choking a guard & probably conclude that he was going to fall to the dark side, except in the final film it's nothing more than a new wardrobe & a display of his growing powers.  Someone on Reddit has suggested that it might be a vision by Kylo about what she could become rather than anything to do with Rey herself.

There's also that nifty-looking fleet of Star Destroyers.  Observant nerds (like myself) will notice that they're the old Imperial style ship & not the new First Order design.  Either that's a scene from a flashback or they'll be part of a hidden/forgotten fleet that ends up fighting for the Resistance against the First Order.  The C3PO part of the trailer?  Probably not C3PO, just another protocol droid.

Disney love this s***.  They release a trailer that doesn't really give too much away but gets people talking about it & building hype up.  Even Rogue One where we've known the general themes of the story since the title crawl of A New Hope they managed to put together a trailer that had people theorising about everything & even then some of the scenes from the trailer never made it to the final film.

Even if it is a misdirect it's still f***ing stupid to put it in the trailer IMO. Kills any suspense that could have been built up by that scene.

Online LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5136 on: Thursday 29 August 2019, 07:59:33 pm »
IG-11 (not the destroyed IG-88) according to this at 4:10: -

Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5137 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 06:04:54 pm »
I see Disney+ isn't coming to the UK until some time in 2020 so piracy is the only way to see 'The Mandalorian' in 2019 outside the USA.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5138 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 10:29:44 pm »
I tried to explain to people at work about how Boba Fett wasn't Mandalorian but that is traditional Mandalorian armour and that's why the new bloke looks like Boba Fett. Wasn't easy, didn't make me look cool.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5139 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 11:10:24 pm »
I see Disney+ isn't coming to the UK until some time in 2020 so piracy is the only way to see 'The Mandalorian' in 2019 outside the USA.

Ah f*** that. It's a streaming site, s**** from Disney that.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5140 on: Thursday 5 September 2019, 11:57:39 pm »
I tried to explain to people at work about how Boba Fett wasn't Mandalorian but that is traditional Mandalorian armour and that's why the new bloke looks like Boba Fett. Wasn't easy, didn't make me look cool.

Nee worries mate, your message board friends think you’re cool. Tell your coworkers that.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5141 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 12:30:57 am »

Ah f*** that. It's a streaming site, s**** from Disney that.

That's whack yo.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #5142 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 05:30:53 am »

Seriously? ffs.

Online LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #5143 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 11:34:28 am »
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/27/disney-plus-uk-launch-fans-react-to-streaming-service-reveal/

Disney+ will be launching in the US on November 12th, 2019, as well as in Canada and The Netherlands, with Australia having to wait until November 19th.

Apparently the UK launch some time in 2020 is to do with licensing. Disney has licensed a lot of the content they own (Marvel, Star Wars, The Simpsons, etc) to UK providers (Sky/NOW TV, Amazon, Netflix, etc). Those providers have paid for that content so I guess Disney will have to wait until the licences expire. For example I see Sky/NOW TV have all the Star Wars films until the 10th of August 2020.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #5144 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 11:37:52 am »
I'd love to know how much you need to spend on subscriptions now to get a decent quality and range of content.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #5145 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 12:03:39 pm »
I'm hoping to be able to sign up for Disney+ using a VPN.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #5146 on: Friday 6 September 2019, 12:04:34 pm »
Piracy ftw!

Sleep now in the fire