Author Topic: Yes please! New phones thread  (Read 160417 times)

Offline bigfella

• General Member
Re: Yes please! New phones thread
« Reply #2700 on: Thursday 27 June 2019, 08:11:30 PM »
I'm thinking of either getting a Pixel 3 or Pixel 3A, I heard the Pixel 3 had a load of problems when it came out, could it be that the 3A will be the better and cheaper choice? Or is that just wishful thinking?

I've just upgraded from a  Samsung s8 to the Pixel 3 XL and can only say I wish I'd done it earlier, it's a fantastic phone for me.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #2701 on: Thursday 27 June 2019, 09:43:03 PM »
Yeah I love my Pixel 3, haven't had any issues with it other than being a bit disappointed with battery life.

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #2702 on: Thursday 27 June 2019, 09:50:01 PM »
Yeah I love my Pixel 3, haven't had any issues with it other than being a bit disappointed with battery life.

XL has a bigger battery, so had no problems here. Rarely go below 30% even when watching YouTube gigs all day. Which I do regularly.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2703 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 10:43:05 AM »
Got one of these on the way, Mi 9T

Currently £275 on eGlobal Central, which is tempting.

They alright to use?

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #2704 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 11:58:36 AM »
Dunno, they've only just shipped it today.  Reviews are good though.  You can also get google's Gcam on to make the camera functionality even better.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2705 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 12:24:18 PM »
Trust Pilot would suggest no :lol:

Just seen it on HUKD for £255 at Gear Best though, so think I'll end up getting it.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #2706 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 01:29:37 PM »
Ahhh, you mean are eGlobal alright to use, I thought you mean is the 9T OK to use.  I've found Gearbest fine, although they did leak a load of people's details quite recently apparently.

Online loki679

• General Member
« Reply #2707 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 01:30:01 PM »
I wouldn't mind one of them but I know with 100% certainty that camera would be snapped off within 24 hours of me receiving it.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2708 on: Monday 1 July 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
Ahhh, you mean are eGlobal alright to use, I thought you mean is the 9T OK to use.  I've found Gearbest fine, although they did leak a load of people's details quite recently apparently.

Aye I was on about eGlobal. Been watching some reviews of the 9T and I'm pretty much sold on it. Agree with Loki about the "selfie" camera though :lol:

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #2709 on: Tuesday 2 July 2019, 10:53:06 PM »
Went for the P30 Pro for my upgrade, contract ran out months ago but didn't want to just dive in on any phone. Camera looks amazing, which is the main draw for me. Get a free Huawei T5 tablet thrown in as well, which is nice.

Looks like they're sending me another tablet  :undecided:. Got an email from them and a tracking number for the same delivery company as last time. No idea why, other tablet works fine and I haven't been in touch with them since I got it.
Consider winning

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2710 on: Wednesday 3 July 2019, 10:41:16 AM »
Just read new rules were brought in on Monday meaning you can now text your network provider for your PAC code which will then start the process off cancelling your contract. Should make switching network providers much easier.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #2711 on: Thursday 4 July 2019, 12:33:25 PM »
Went for the P30 Pro for my upgrade, contract ran out months ago but didn't want to just dive in on any phone. Camera looks amazing, which is the main draw for me. Get a free Huawei T5 tablet thrown in as well, which is nice.

Looks like they're sending me another tablet  :undecided:. Got an email from them and a tracking number for the same delivery company as last time. No idea why, other tablet works fine and I haven't been in touch with them since I got it.

Got here today :thup:, might just sell it.
Consider winning

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #2712 on: Wednesday 17 July 2019, 07:10:30 AM »
My T9 has now been with the "last mile carrier" for 10 days, it's taking him a long time to complete that mile.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2713 on: Tuesday 23 July 2019, 10:40:50 AM »
Has it turned up yet?

I'm holding out until Black Friday to order mine. Hoping it'll turn up before the end of the year :lol:

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #2714 on: Thursday 25 July 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Would anyone here recommend the Moto g6? my current phone that i only use for calls,Whatsapp online banking etc the screen is dead and i only want to pay £260 tops

Open_C

« Reply #2715 on: Thursday 25 July 2019, 03:06:54 PM »

I've used an older gen Moto G before, was absolutely fine if you don't need loads of storage or top drawer camera or super-quick response from your phone.  If you genuinely only use your phone for those things it'll almost certainly be OK for you.  If you're one of those people who say they only use their phone for that but actually do loads of other stuff as well, then maybe not

Offline stlouismag

• General Member
  • Invalid Tweet ID
« Reply #2716 on: Monday 29 July 2019, 03:11:30 AM »
Would anyone here recommend the Moto g6? my current phone that i only use for calls,Whatsapp online banking etc the screen is dead and i only want to pay £260 tops

We've bought a lot of Moto Gs over the years - with two teenagers and me hating phone cases it's a lot more tolerable price point to replace.

We're still on G5s, but it sounds like I'm a similar user to you (no games, no video, couldn't give a toss about the camera) and mine still works great. I do believe the G6 was the generation (G7s are out now) when they went to a glass back. Given the price point, it's probably not the sturdiest glass, so might be worth a bit of research on how fragile it has been.

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #2717 on: Monday 29 July 2019, 07:29:37 AM »

We've bought a lot of Moto Gs over the years - with two teenagers and me hating phone cases it's a lot more tolerable price point to replace.

We're still on G5s, but it sounds like I'm a similar user to you (no games, no video, couldn't give a toss about the camera) and mine still works great. I do believe the G6 was the generation (G7s are out now) when they went to a glass back. Given the price point, it's probably not the sturdiest glass, so might be worth a bit of research on how fragile it has been.
Ah didn't know that, nice one

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #2718 on: Wednesday 31 July 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
Anyone with a Huawei Mate 20 Pro able to recommend a screen protector?  Blindly bought one off Amazon which is utter s***.

@neesy, do you have one of these?

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2719 on: Thursday 8 August 2019, 12:54:20 PM »
Keep getting spammed with offers for the Mi 9T. 

Latest one is the 128GB model for £245. Kinda want to hold out until Black Friday. Kinda want it now.

Edit: Bought...
« Last Edit: Thursday 8 August 2019, 02:17:33 PM by TBG »

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #2720 on: Thursday 8 August 2019, 02:27:55 PM »
Keep getting spammed with offers for the Mi 9T. 

Latest one is the 128GB model for £245. Kinda want to hold out until Black Friday. Kinda want it now.

Edit: Bought...

:lol: Broken

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2721 on: Thursday 8 August 2019, 02:30:57 PM »
Ended up with the 64Gb Red Flame version for £256 instead :lol:

Still a bargain at that price mind.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #2722 on: Thursday 8 August 2019, 02:32:22 PM »
Where from? :lol: :blush:

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2723 on: Thursday 8 August 2019, 02:38:23 PM »
https://www.tobydeals.co.uk/en_GB/product/xiaomi-mi-9t-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-flame-red-1.html

New customers get a £6 voucher so it brings it down to £255.

£6 cashback with TopCashback as well :thup:

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #2724 on: Saturday 17 August 2019, 11:53:16 AM »
Phones getting delivered today. Not bad considering it was posted on Wednesday.