Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 369243 times)

Offline Belfast Boy

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #3425 on: Wednesday 17 June 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
Is it cheaper for package deals? May work out better checking skyscanner for flights and booking hotels via other sites.

I booked this like

http://www.flynous.com/british-airways-cheap-open-jaw-flights-to-california-from-e331244/

Found my place for the drive back from Vegas!
Prob be there around nov 29th depending on the drive

Does this place have a pool or is it just a cleverly placed bin full of water?

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #3426 on: Wednesday 17 June 2015, 05:45:14 PM »
Its got pool and hot tub.
In middle of desert so probably finish off all the drugs we have and murder the German kid meeting us there.

Lush place for BBQ

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3427 on: Wednesday 17 June 2015, 07:38:38 PM »
I'm in La Pineda now, it's not bad, relatively scum free which is good. Mind there's a mountainous Dutch fella sitting getting mortal all day next to the stage and pool, starts at 11am and just sits in the shade necking back drink til he tries to get up on the stage and falls off, so he at least provides some amusement.

Russian jail bait everywhere.
Well, I jinxed this. Loads of utter scum turned up. Geordie's and all. Class.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #3428 on: Thursday 18 June 2015, 10:27:25 AM »
Booked to fly back to the UK on Sunday and im depressed now
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3429 on: Friday 19 June 2015, 10:17:38 PM »
My first European holiday in maybe 20 years and what sticks out aside from the wasted drunks is the mobility scooters. It's f***ing unreal.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #3430 on: Friday 19 June 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
Last 2 years, instead of any big holidays, I've been doing like 4 day trips abroad. Amsterdam, Malta, Krakow, Prague, Dublin, Budapest. Off to Amsterdam with wor lass next month, and then Stuttgart with the lads in September. Works out alreet for me as I work 4 day weeks, and only need to book off a Saturday to have Thurs-Sunday off.

Really enjoyed all the trips, except thought Dublin wasn't that good. Was stunned at the price of a cocktail and a pint in Temple Bar. Ouch.

I love Amsterdam, been there loads, but thought Budapest and Krakow were both excellent. Great value and nightlife. Loads of things to do (if you weren't too hungover).

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3431 on: Friday 19 June 2015, 11:28:27 PM »
If your lass likes gin goto to the Bols Experience, it's a bit tacky but the cocktails at the end are :thup:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #3432 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 10:59:18 AM »
If your lass likes gin goto to the Bols Experience, it's a bit tacky but the cocktails at the end are :thup:

Cheers. Not been there, so will defo try that out. She does like a nice Gin.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Norway
« Reply #3433 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 05:33:32 PM »
Dubrovnik = Expensive for Croatia, but tourist trap as hell. Still a good experience, Old Town was great.
Sarajevo = Great. Mix of cultures, historical places and the prices makes you feel like a king.
Belgrade = Serbs are like angrier Frenchmen. Nobody wanted to speak English, though they clearly could, and they all looked at you with death in their eyes. The city wasn't great either apart from the Kalemegdan fortress. Only real let down of the trip and only place I'd not want to go back to at some point. Their military museum going from ancient times to modern times fully misses the 90s for some reason...  :rolleyes:
Ljubliana = Really liked this place. Nice people and there was a castle on a hill. I love myself a castle on a hill. Came there on the eve of the England euro qualifier, which led to a strange drunken night with some people fom Oxford, Leicester and a Rangers fan from London. Loved how it's apparently normal for the bartenders to sell six-packs to people as they close the bar for the night. :lol: Also thanks to Disco for telling me about the horse burger place.
Villach = Small Austrian town. Nice food and nice environment. Enjoyable.
Venice = Cool city but feel like the experience was fully lost on me for being there as a single person as I got bored after less than a day.
Rome = Much better than Venice. Italy in general is a quite alright country.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #3434 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 07:51:16 PM »
My lad tricked me. I'm in f***ing New York. :celb: Over the moon!

I have until tomorrow to learn about baseball. :lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3435 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 07:52:12 PM »
Dubrovnik = Expensive for Croatia, but tourist trap as hell. Still a good experience, Old Town was great.
Sarajevo = Great. Mix of cultures, historical places and the prices makes you feel like a king.
Belgrade = Serbs are like angrier Frenchmen. Nobody wanted to speak English, though they clearly could, and they all looked at you with death in their eyes. The city wasn't great either apart from the Kalemegdan fortress. Only real let down of the trip and only place I'd not want to go back to at some point. Their military museum going from ancient times to modern times fully misses the 90s for some reason...  :rolleyes:
Ljubliana = Really liked this place. Nice people and there was a castle on a hill. I love myself a castle on a hill. Came there on the eve of the England euro qualifier, which led to a strange drunken night with some people fom Oxford, Leicester and a Rangers fan from London. Loved how it's apparently normal for the bartenders to sell six-packs to people as they close the bar for the night. :lol: Also thanks to Disco for telling me about the horse burger place.
Venice = Cool city but feel like the experience was fully lost on me for being there as a single person as I got bored after less than a day.

:thup: Glad you enjoyed chap. If i'd known you were going earlier I'd have hoyed you some more tips. I went Zagreb & Slovenia last summer, beautiful country.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #3436 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 08:23:52 PM »

:lol: :thup: that's class. Have fun! Yankees or Mets?

All you need to do at a baseball game is drink copious amounts of overpriced beer and eat loads of greasy fried food. 95% of people at any given baseball game have no idea what's going on.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #3437 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 08:33:35 PM »

All you need to do at a baseball game is drink copious amounts of overpriced beer and eat loads of greasy fried food. 95% of people at any given baseball game have no idea what's going on.

Yankees.

MLS on Wednesday too. Love sport abroad. :aww:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #3438 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
Red Bulls? Wait until you see their 'ultras', surreal.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #3439 on: Saturday 20 June 2015, 10:23:41 PM »

Yankees.

MLS on Wednesday too. Love sport abroad. :aww:

Careful of those flights out of Newark, brown trousers time I tells ya! Have fun!

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #3440 on: Sunday 21 June 2015, 03:20:38 AM »
Imma be in NYC tomorrow... If you want to help my brother in law move house, come on down.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #3441 on: Sunday 21 June 2015, 10:44:57 AM »
Booked one night in Geneva ahead of the Montreux jazz fest. Dose insane prices doh.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #3442 on: Sunday 21 June 2015, 10:55:49 AM »
Loved Geneva. Luckily we had friends that live there, so that kept the price down. It's a lovely place though, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #3443 on: Sunday 21 June 2015, 12:42:08 PM »
Imma be in NYC tomorrow... If you want to help my brother in law move house, come on down.

As tempting as that is, I might just pass.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #3444 on: Sunday 21 June 2015, 11:04:22 PM »
Not a big fan of Geneva, preferred Lausanne. It's all ridiculously expensive though.

With regards to Serbia I was on a work trip there last month and found them some of the friendliest and most welcoming people, though that was Novi Sad and not Belgrade.
AS9

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #3445 on: Monday 22 June 2015, 11:39:10 AM »
Is there anyone that gives batshit crazy Euro exchange rates or does everyone just offer around the same current rate.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3446 on: Monday 22 June 2015, 11:39:46 AM »
Is there anyone that gives batshit crazy Euro exchange rates or does everyone just offer around the same current rate.

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3447 on: Monday 22 June 2015, 12:52:12 PM »

have you tried batshitcrazyeuroexchangerates.com?
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #3448 on: Monday 22 June 2015, 09:50:06 PM »
Heading to S Korea/Japan  in a week and a bit - does enyone have any unmissable, cool things to see and do in Seoul, Busan, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara and Tokyo? Anyone been before?

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #3449 on: Monday 22 June 2015, 09:50:34 PM »
Just flew back from Baku last night. Great 7 weeks or so but depressed as owt now.

Sarajevo was one of my favourite cities, totally agree. It's been at the centre of so much recent history. Should have given Mostar a whirl as well if you went Sarajevo to Dubrovnik or vice versa. Agree about Belgrade, but the nightlife was good.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.