Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363466 times)

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
Re: Holidays
« Reply #950 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
booked three weeks off work in september and driving to croatia with the mrs. will go through hungry on the way.

any recs or little gems on croatia as I have never been? planning to go game fishing,scuba diving, kayaking and white water rafting and will visit Dubrovnik and Split for sure.

Plitvice national park is pretty impressive.

Off to Sri Lanka on Tuesday for 2.5 weeks, can't wait.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #951 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 12:40:54 PM »
5 weeks to go then off to SE Asia again for 3 1/2 weeks.  Desperate for a Holiday now.

Where abouts?

Indonesia - Jakarta & Bali.
Singapore (for the F1).
Vang Vieng.
Langkawi.
Thailand Islands.

Offline PolskiMag

• General Member
  • Exiled in New Jersey now!
« Reply #952 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
5 weeks to go then off to SE Asia again for 3 1/2 weeks.  Desperate for a Holiday now.

Where abouts?

Singapore (for the F1).
Vang Vieng.
Langkawi.
Thailand Islands.

Laos - one of the best places Ive been. take it you know about the tubing in vang Vieng? you will be so drunkyou wont be able to see by the end of the river! great memories

Offline PolskiMag

• General Member
  • Exiled in New Jersey now!
« Reply #953 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 01:15:34 PM »
booked three weeks off work in september and driving to croatia with the mrs. will go through hungry on the way.

any recs or little gems on croatia as I have never been? planning to go game fishing,scuba diving, kayaking and white water rafting and will visit Dubrovnik and Split for sure.

Let us know how that goes, sounds class. Would love to do a driving holiday like that.

I'm going to Portugal to lie around for a week, and possibly also to New York with mates. Haven't had any proper time off for ages, can't wait.

will do mate, done a few holidays where ive hired a car but always wanted to do a european road trip. now its made easy by living in poland.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #954 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 01:18:38 PM »

You always go on holiday to the places I want to go :lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #955 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 01:29:22 PM »

Where abouts?

Singapore (for the F1).
Vang Vieng.
Langkawi.
Thailand Islands.

Christ, bit of a trek.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Re: Holidays
« Reply #956 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 02:35:02 PM »

You can f*** off like. :lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #957 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 03:00:32 PM »

You can f*** off like. :lol:

:troll:
Problem Señor?

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #958 on: Saturday 11 August 2012, 06:46:56 PM »

:thup:

It's paradise. Where you going exactly? (got back last week)

Offline CheikBoom

• General Member
« Reply #959 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 06:48:28 AM »
Holidays! Maybe one of you guys can help. Me and a mate are looking to do a holiday/backpack next year, either March or September. We're looking to do Italy for about two weeks. Basically wanting to go around as much as possible but wanting to go to as many matches as possible as well. Any idea where to start? Got some canny prices to getting to Venice etc. However, from there, we've got no idea ha.

Also looking at the possibility of across Germany. Visiting cities, football, and a bucket load of largers. Just not to sure where to start really.
He's got a foot like a traction engine!

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #960 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
Fixture list, a map and a train timetable I'd imagine. Probably worth your while flying in to one place and flying out of another & planning a logical route between the two. If you're going for football I'd imagine you're best off waiting 'til European/cup games are going to be on so there is stuff to go to midweek.

www.interrailnet.com do train passes
www.skyscanner.net do the flight comparisons

Not been to a game in Italy yet but football in Germany is pretty spot on/cheap.

Offline CheikBoom

• General Member
« Reply #961 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
Fixture list, a map and a train timetable I'd imagine. Probably worth your while flying in to one place and flying out of another & planning a logical route between the two. If you're going for football I'd imagine you're best off waiting 'til European/cup games are going to be on so there is stuff to go to midweek.

www.interrailnet.com do train passes
www.skyscanner.net do the flight comparisons

Not been to a game in Italy yet but football in Germany is pretty spot on/cheap.

Yeah mate thats it! We're looking to go this season, but its a tad short. Major saving. We where looking to fly into Munich or Venice and take it from there. Couple of days in cities etc. Not sure wheres worth going, but thats the fun of it I guess. Always fancied a German football match. Mate was saying with it being so cheap for football out there its pretty difficult to get tickets?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #962 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 09:05:36 AM »
Depends who you go and see I would imagine but there's always some on general sale like we do I think. I think with most clubs you will be able buy them online/over the phone and pick them up over there, that's what I did.

Italian grounds aside from Juve are never full.

Offline CheikBoom

• General Member
« Reply #963 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 09:13:35 AM »
Depends who you go and see I would imagine but there's always some on general sale like we do I think. I think with most clubs you will be able buy them online/over the phone and pick them up over there, that's what I did.

Italian grounds aside from Juve are never full.

Yeah. Not too sure what we are going to do yet. Fancy the obvious, Milan, Fiorentina etc. Football wise we're not too fussed really. Just see what's going down wherever we are at. More interested in the cities and what their is to do around. Obviously trying to keep a price as low as possible. Flights are cheap enough though.

Not really sure what else to do to be honest. Its more of an idea at the moment. But yeah, football, beer, cities would be super. Always fancied the Catacombs (I think thats the spelling) in Italy

Offline macphisto

• General Member
« Reply #964 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

Where abouts?

Singapore (for the F1).
Vang Vieng.
Langkawi.
Thailand Islands.

I wouldn't spend too much time in Jakarta, I've been twice in the last year and just couldn't get a sense of the place (I'm sure I'm missing something so I'm going to try and have a look around the next time I'm there). Traffic is also bad, on the plus side the people are really nice, sophisticated and the food is fantastic.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #965 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
Highly recommend going to some smaller towns in Italy, as well as the big cities. For example Orvieto, one of the most beautiful towns I've been to.

Driving it is a great idea though, some of the countryside is beautiful. Go for some lakes too, lake swims are class.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #966 on: Wednesday 15 August 2012, 09:39:33 AM »

Where abouts?

Singapore (for the F1).
Vang Vieng.
Langkawi.
Thailand Islands.

I wouldn't spend too much time in Jakarta, I've been twice in the last year and just couldn't get a sense of the place (I'm sure I'm missing something so I'm going to try and have a look around the next time I'm there). Traffic is also bad, on the plus side the people are really nice, sophisticated and the food is fantastic.

Only planning to spend a day there, heard similar things about it.

Offline PCW1983

• General Member
  • I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #967 on: Wednesday 22 August 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
Just got back from our holidays today, Drove to Annecy for 7 days.  What a fantastic place so much to do and stunning surroundings, we went to Chamonix and Geneva for a day too both are great places and we will be going back to both.  Spent the last 4 days in Paris, enjoyed it alot more then i thought i would. 

Totally fell in love with France though, the food is fantastic and local produce is so accessible.  I can see us going back to France soon.
Never give up - Winston Churchill

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #968 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
I can't get my head round online check in, so I've printed our boarding passes out for Tuesday that's all we need (passports as well) correct? Check in our bags at the drop off point then we can go straight through to departures?

Also nearly £300 for a name change with jet2 :anguish:

Offline High Five o/

• Toon_Norway
  • General Member
  • MultiTalentEntertainer.
« Reply #969 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 09:11:54 AM »
Going to Australia 1. sept.
Starting to get a little excited now like.
Visiting some friends in Brisbane, and going to travel along the east coast most of the time.
Staying for 25 days  :aww:
You are always haunted by the idea that you are wasting you life.
Frame it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/highfive83/

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #970 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
india any good? dont really wanna go but might not have a choice
AS9

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #971 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 09:36:52 AM »
india any good? dont really wanna go but might not have a choice

Few of my friends from uni have done India and loved it.

icemanblue

« Reply #972 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
It just seems very dirty, to me. Never been keen on going there.

Roger Kint

« Reply #973 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 10:07:33 AM »
I can't get my head round online check in, so I've printed our boarding passes out for Tuesday that's all we need (passports as well) correct? Check in our bags at the drop off point then we can go straight through to departures?

Also nearly £300 for a name change with jet2 :anguish:

If you are putting bags in the hold is there any advantage of getting online boarding pass? Barely saves 5 seconds in that case.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #974 on: Thursday 23 August 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
the ones the airlines issue are pretty flimsy. i prefer the printed a4 paper
AS9