Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 398603 times)

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #875 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 01:25:53 AM »
Got 2 weeks off September/October. Going to Orlando and maybe afew nights in Miami too. Cant wait :D

Pack an umbrella, rains at 3pm every day here in Sept/Oct.

Offline macphisto

• General Member
« Reply #876 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
Just booked up to go to Kraków in a couple of weeks with a couple of mates. Should be 'interesting'.

Mentioned before that it's a great city, try and get a place near the Jewish Quarter. If you're looking for a place to stay then check out this place. People are really friendly, good location for the Jewish Quarter (though be warned we couldn't find it on the first night as we took a wrong turn) and the rooms are massive! Also really cheap.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g274772-d1014070-Reviews-Tournet-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html

Also Don't forget to check out the Salt Mines, just amazing!

Cheers for that, we've booked an apartment not to far away from there towards the old town. None of us have been before so I'm massively looking forward, don't often go away with the 'lads' so to speak. Seems like there is the perfect mixture of cultural stuff with ample cheap bait and booze.

I went to the Killing Fields in Cambodia and was really shook up by that so not looking forward to Auschwitz (who does?) but I guess it's one of those places you just have to see.

Yeah it's grim but something that everyone should do, sheer scale of the place is what got me.

Offline macphisto

• General Member
« Reply #877 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 06:00:58 AM »
Is it worth getting an overnight stopover and seeing KL? I know they've got the Petronas(?) Towers but is there owt else worth seeing?

If you do go to KL, you can get a good view of the Petronas Towers from the top of Traders Hotel which has an indoor bar and swimming pool. A good place to eat is a restaurant called Bijan, on "pub street" (not sure of the real name for the street).

BooBoo

« Reply #878 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
Back at work tomorrow, last worked 1st June :(

Know that feeling. I had four weeks off recently for wedding and honeymoon. Right pisser having to go back to work.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #879 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 02:18:21 PM »
I'm trying to work out somewhere cheap and easy to go for 3-5 nights at some point around september time, im blatantly gonna end up in Cancun or some shithole like that. Gonna be bored shitless.

firetotheworks

« Reply #880 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 02:29:39 PM »
Just come back from Palermo, which I spell S.H.I.T.H.O.L.E shithole....it's a shithole of 3rd world proportions in places.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #881 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 02:32:21 PM »
Just come back from Palermo, which I spell S.H.I.T.H.O.L.E shithole....it's a shithole of 3rd world proportions in places.

Me and my other half went there for a day while we were staying in Castellamare Del Golfo; we had to get a bus at about 8am to get there and we were back home by 1pm, absolute shitehole!

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #882 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 02:32:52 PM »
I've heard Palermo is horrible, contrary to their lovely pink football kit.

firetotheworks

« Reply #883 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
It was my lasses number one destination because of the catacombs (which are f***ing weird) so I took her for her birthday. I expected something more like Venice, but aside from the two main streets it's proper falling apart. It got better as the week went on, because we knew where to go, and the beach was lush tbf, but aye, I'd never go back. Nice comfortably remains the best European city I've been too.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #884 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
I'm trying to work out somewhere cheap and easy to go for 3-5 nights at some point around september time, im blatantly gonna end up in Cancun or some shithole like that. Gonna be bored shitless.

season in that neck of the woods.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #885 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 04:10:48 PM »

Took me a while to work out what that meant, originally assumed it was something drug related for some reason :lol:

It looks like we're aiming for back end of October rather than September, so I reckon we'll be fine... hopefully.

Looking at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d2554709-Reviews-Sandos_Cancun_Luxury_Experience_Resort-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

This kind of all-inclusive s**** isn't really my bag it's fair to say, but I can abide by it for 4 nights. Probably burn a boatload on a daytrip to Chichen Itza too. Maybe listen to some Human League.

Hopefully next year I can delve into South America, or somehow take a vaca in Eastern Europe via NCL.

Offline PCW1983

• General Member
  • I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #886 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 04:39:47 PM »

Took me a while to work out what that meant, originally assumed it was something drug related for some reason :lol:

It looks like we're aiming for back end of October rather than September, so I reckon we'll be fine... hopefully.

Looking at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d2554709-Reviews-Sandos_Cancun_Luxury_Experience_Resort-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

This kind of all-inclusive s**** isn't really my bag it's fair to say, but I can abide by it for 4 nights. Probably burn a boatload on a daytrip to Chichen Itza too. Maybe listen to some Human League.

Hopefully next year I can delve into South America, or somehow take a vaca in Eastern Europe via NCL.

Chichen Itza is fantastic.
Never give up - Winston Churchill

Offline Cheshire Mag

• General Member
  • Donkey s**** to you too pal
« Reply #887 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 05:13:11 PM »
Got 2 weeks off September/October. Going to Orlando and maybe afew nights in Miami too. Cant wait :D

Pack an umbrella, rains at 3pm every day here in Sept/Oct.

Least it wont be cold and raining like here :lol:

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #888 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 09:54:59 PM »
Did a bungee earlier, f***ing class, difficult jumping. Highest in south Africa
AS9

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #889 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
Back at work tomorrow, last worked 1st June :(

Know that feeling. I had four weeks off recently for wedding and honeymoon. Right pisser having to go back to work.

Gone back and it's proper s***, loads has changed and I have to do a lot more. Did the typical forget my password thing and had to go to the IT suite to get it re-set :okay:

Have no motivation at all.

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
Holidays
« Reply #890 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
Off for a week in Sidari in a few hours, can't wait. Main thing I'm looking forward to is getting away from work :lol:

Speak to you's in a week :aww:

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #891 on: Thursday 28 June 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
Off for a week in Sidari in a few hours, can't wait. Main thing I'm looking forward to is getting away from work :lol:

Speak to you's in a week :aww:

Go to Maddison, say hello to Simon (the Smoggie) :thup:

There is also a coked up blonde who works at Calypso, pretty sure she would give you a blowjob if you say that's the only way you are going in :pow:

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #892 on: Friday 29 June 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
Paris was good, need to go back for longer than a weekend. Even managed some French!

My bro's Yohan Cabaye shirt also attracted some attention.

Go anywhere good? Off there again on Monday, have to find some decent (i.e. Shoreditch-tastic) bars for Weds night. Did Palais de Tokyo last couple of times, supposedly there's a class rum bar nearby.

Must. stay. clear. of. Oberkampf St.

Probably go back again when the football season starts. Favourite city in the world aside from the Toon. Praying we get one of the French teams in the EL so I can explore more of France.

Algarve in 9 days time for me and the lass. Can't f***ing wait.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #893 on: Friday 29 June 2012, 05:40:08 AM »
Karaoke night :megusta:

She bangs by ricky m done

Billie jean and summer nights with a well fit bird on the way
AS9

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #894 on: Sunday 1 July 2012, 07:03:18 AM »
I'm back. Will post some funny stories soon.

Back to routine then :'(
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #895 on: Sunday 1 July 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
Paris was good, need to go back for longer than a weekend. Even managed some French!

Go anywhere good? Off there again on Monday, have to find some decent (i.e. Shoreditch-tastic) bars for Weds night. Did Palais de Tokyo last couple of times, supposedly there's a class rum bar nearby.

Probably go back again when the football season starts. Favourite city in the world aside from the Toon. Praying we get one of the French teams in the EL so I can explore more of France.

How much are tickets...roughly?

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #896 on: Sunday 1 July 2012, 10:21:51 PM »
Shall sum up the places I just visited for anyone interested in going on holiday...

Nice, France - beautiful. Thoroughly recommend this place although it's quite pricey. Beaches are lovely, weather perfect (not too hot) and plenty to do at night.

Bologna, Italy - If you hate students, don't go. Fully pedestrianised city which is really cool. Loads to do if you go to the right places. Grab a slice and a 660ml from the shop and sit in the square, can easily be done on the cheap.

Venice, Italy - As expected, has to be seen to be believed. Would recommend getting a boat-pass and visiting some of the other islands (Torcello is cool as f***, deserted). Can be seen in 1/2 days though. We spent 3 days and it got quite boring. Expensive.

Munich, Germany - Never been so drunk in my life. The beer is phenomenal and the biergartens are insanity. They pretty much closed the city after the Germany-Greece game and everyone got steaming (I'm talking thousands and thousands of people filling the streets).

Novalja (Island of Pag), Croatia - Dubbed the new Ibiza and easy to see why. Zrce beach is really cool, has about 4 clubs on it (all free entry and relatively cheap for a 'resorty place'). Hard to get to but way worth it. Currently hosting Hideout festival.

Pula, Croatia - Famous for the Pula Ampitheatre which is a sight to see. Went to some club and had a mental night, but that's for another day. Would go if you get a chance, beer is cheap as chips.

Really worried for Croatia's future as it is apparently joining the Euro so I'd see it while it's still cheap. Still need to see Dubrovnik, Zagreb, Split and Plitvice National Park (
Spoiler
[close]
). This trip was tiny compared to some of the people I met but I'd definitely recommend it, however small :thup:

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #897 on: Sunday 1 July 2012, 10:28:01 PM »
Sounds class, I met some people who'd been to Pag and raved about it (excuse the pun). Didn't find Southern Croatia that cheap at all aside from transport/accommodation.

Plus the women of Split are just ridiculous, absolute torture.
« Last Edit: Sunday 1 July 2012, 11:32:15 PM by Disco »

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #898 on: Monday 2 July 2012, 12:30:56 AM »

How much are tickets...roughly?

For the big teams, PSG, Lyon etc. You're looking at about 35 euros. Smaller teams you could probably easily get tickets for around 15-20. PSG was a fantastic experience, the Parc des Princes isn't much to look at but the atmosphere is f***ing brilliant, and they won 4-1. Not sure how much NUFC will charge for European Away games, but we could get Bordeaux, Lyon or Marseille in the EL, any of which would be superb.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #899 on: Monday 2 July 2012, 12:45:37 AM »
Sounds class, I met some people who'd been to Pag and raved about it (excuse the pun). Didn't find Southern Croatia that cheap at all aside from transport/accommodation.

Plus the women of Split are just ridiculous, absolute torture.

Christ, you aren't wrong. The women in Pula were un-f***ing-believable yet the guys are hideous. Novalja was the same although most folk there are tourists.