Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363463 times)

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
Re: Holidays
« Reply #800 on: Thursday 14 June 2012, 01:10:03 AM »
Nice is amazing.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

palnese

« Reply #801 on: Thursday 14 June 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Off to London today. Can't wait.

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #802 on: Thursday 14 June 2012, 12:38:52 PM »
Nice is amazing.

Just got back from Nice myself.  Did a bit of a tour of the South of France - Cannes, St Tropez, St Paul de Vence, Eze and Nice.  Absolutely beautiful area - wasted on the French...

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #803 on: Thursday 14 June 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
I want to do a bit of a Med tour myself, would love to drive round a bit down there.

No holiday planned this year except one night in Paris. Fancy going back to Ibiza a bit later in the summer, or maybe south of France as discussed.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #804 on: Friday 15 June 2012, 01:38:34 AM »
Nice is amazing.

Just got back from Nice myself.  Did a bit of a tour of the South of France - Cannes, St Tropez, St Paul de Vence, Eze and Nice.  Absolutely beautiful area - wasted on the French...

I'll explain more later. But I agree completely, the French are unbelievably rude.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #805 on: Friday 15 June 2012, 08:40:17 AM »
Nice is amazing.

I'll explain more later. But I agree completely, the French are unbelievably rude.

Thought it was supposedly just the Parisians that are stuck up their own arse?  Only been to France once when I was a lot younger, went to Normandy.  They seemed alright I guess.  Would be interested to read more, you're hardly the first to say this!

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #806 on: Saturday 16 June 2012, 08:14:08 AM »
I did Nice, Villefrance, Monaco and Cannes a few years back. Not got a bad word to say about the place or the people. Nice is a real hidden gem IMO. You don't appreciate how nice a city it is until you go.
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #807 on: Saturday 16 June 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
I did Nice, Villefrance, Monaco and Cannes a few years back. Not got a bad word to say about the place or the people. Nice is a real hidden gem IMO. You don't appreciate how nice a city it is until you go.

Lovely place.

Offline biggs

• General Member
  • Every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world
« Reply #808 on: Saturday 16 June 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
Cruise on the Med next saturday morning for a week visiting Florence/Pisa ,Rome ,Corsica,Valencia courtesy of mother in law and her partner ,the August in Corfu

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #809 on: Saturday 16 June 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

Lovely place.

Aye, nice restaurents and a lovely sandy beach (instead of pebbles!). Another little hidden gem that you wouldn't find out about unless you spoke to the locals.
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

palnese

« Reply #810 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 12:10:16 PM »
London was alright. Way too big for me. Had a few decent nights out in Soho, but the clubs were too crowded, warm and loud.

The tube system is pretty amazing.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #811 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
Think I'm going back to SE Asia + Indonesia for whole of September.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #812 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
London was alright. Way too big for me. Had a few decent nights out in Soho, but the clubs were too crowded, warm and loud.

Yep, Soho's not really the place for a night out unless you know exactly where you're going and why.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #813 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

Lovely place.

Aye, nice restaurents and a lovely sandy beach (instead of pebbles!). Another little hidden gem that you wouldn't find out about unless you spoke to the locals.

Reet, that's good enough for me, I'm going.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #814 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:01:53 PM »

Yep, Soho's not really the place for a night out unless you know exactly where you're going and why.

As soon as I hear soho... :pokerface:

It's all about Hoxton/Shoreditch imo.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #815 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:04:40 PM »

If you're a total pretentious w***** it is, aye.

Actually that's a massive generalisation, you would probably have a class time.

Thing about London is you can have a good night out almost anywhere. For example, went to Kensal Rise on Saturday night and it was class. You just need someone to recommend where a decent place is.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #816 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:08:06 PM »

Thing about London is you can have a good night out almost anywhere. For example, went to Kensal Rise on Saturday night and it was class. You just need someone to recommend where a decent place is.

:lol:

AYE, it's mint, if you're a c***

But actually, aye, it's mint

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #817 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

same goes for most places. in general though I hate london with a passion. coming back on the train i don't breath easy till north of peterborough then relax properly when leaving york.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #818 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
Why do you hate Laahdaahn madras? Just too busy?

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #819 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
too busy, too big, too many arseholes, not enough space, sure there's a much higher ratio of crappubs than anywhere else i've been. fortunately of all my friends who moved there, they've all moved on so i can get away with just the odd day trip.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #820 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

too busy, too big, too many arseholes, not enough space, sure there's a much higher ratio of crappubs than anywhere else i've been. fortunately of all my friends who moved there, they've all moved on so i can get away with just the odd day trip.

Fair play, a lot of that is true. It took me a long time to know enough to learn where to go when and how to really enjoy it. If you just visit and go to the centre it can be hard work.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #821 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
It's far too big a place with far too many different areas to generalise it all as s**** like

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #822 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

Fair play, a lot of that is true. It took me a long time to know enough to learn where to go when and how to really enjoy it. If you just visit and go to the centre it can be hard work.

been all over, mates lived in worcester park so would have many a weekend there. kingston, wimbledon, raynes park and often when there "lets have a night out in blah blah blah"...no thanks,give me a place as compact as newcastle,york,hull every time.......given the choice i chose wakefield over london for my 40th.

Offline Chrisjraby

• General Member
« Reply #823 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
Thinking of maybe taking a long weekend in either Berlin or Paris for my 25th at the start of August, any recommendations?  I'm wavering towards Berlin myself as the zoo sounds pretty good haha.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #824 on: Monday 18 June 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
Thinking of maybe taking a long weekend in either Berlin or Paris for my 25th at the start of August, any recommendations?  I'm wavering towards Berlin myself as the zoo sounds pretty good haha.

I haven't been to either, but I've been told by many people that Berlin is amazing.

Going to Paris this weekend so I'll report back!