Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363452 times)

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #750 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
Not quite as glamorous as Europe but I'll be heading out to Colorado at the end of the month for the Colorado Brewers Festival and I am stoked about that.  Get to see my parents new digs while I'm out there too.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #751 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 08:41:47 AM »
Getting on alright Taylor, just arrived having a few beers at the hostel then gunna hit the sack. Brazil was quality, Rio first but probs one too many days which wudda been useful in paraty. Im basically just sampling the night life in different.    places. All I did in Sao paolo for 2.5 days was get p*ssed and go to a football museum. Weird though, in the club, they give u a credit card and you pay at the end of the night. Dangerous
AS9

Offline Vedder

• General Member
« Reply #752 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 01:36:22 PM »
Just booked flights to Venice for a few days in September. Then I saw the price for a Gondola ride is 80 euros for 40 mins   :yikes:

BooBoo

« Reply #753 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
From what I've heard anything remotely touristy in Venice or Rome is scandalously expensive.

palnese

« Reply #754 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Rome is very expensive, aye.

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Rafa #1
« Reply #755 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
Doesn't matter what time you get to sleep, getting up at 4am still breaks me :lol:

Holiday!! :)

Have a good'un mate :thup:

Don't tear it up too much, I'm going in 2 weeks ;)

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #756 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
Come on Sunday, first holiday in 12 years, wow cannot wait.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #757 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
Ronaldo- noted. The best I tried out there was the Cohiba Siglo IV. Also found the Romeo y Julieta 1 to be very relaxing and picked up a bunch of those in tubes for about £1.50 each at a cigar factory. All bona fide of course. Watching them get rolled was a surprisingly interesting process, a great skill.

Special mention to the Cuban people who I found to be some of the warmest and friendliest people I've ever met. I was glad to get out of the hotel and see the real country and despite the usual hassle from beggars and hustlers, the people were great. Despite their obvious lack of wealth, they couldn't do enough for you.

We went last year and it was fantastic. We went too Cayo Coco so not too much too do on the Island, but it waas great when we went into Havana and the Dolphins too (forgot the name of the place).

One thing I was let down by was the quality of the Mojitos. I was expecting them to be killer but they were a bit of a let down.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

BooBoo

« Reply #758 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
Mojitos at our hotel were pretty good. Full stem of mint and not OTT on the sugar.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #759 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 06:51:58 PM »
Ronaldo- noted. The best I tried out there was the Cohiba Siglo IV. Also found the Romeo y Julieta 1 to be very relaxing and picked up a bunch of those in tubes for about £1.50 each at a cigar factory. All bona fide of course. Watching them get rolled was a surprisingly interesting process, a great skill.

You lucky c***. I'm on the verge of booking up.

BooBoo

« Reply #760 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 08:31:33 PM »

Holguin cigar factory. Felt slightly uneasy at the rather sweat house nature of it but the prices for top quality cigars was incredible. Blokes were coming out with boxes. I'm not a regular (at all) cigar smoker so only got ten plus some even cheaper ones, Hoyo de Monterrey Coronations, again tubed, for about a quid a pop.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #761 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
Getting on alright Taylor, just arrived having a few beers at the hostel then gunna hit the sack. Brazil was quality, Rio first but probs one too many days which wudda been useful in paraty. Im basically just sampling the night life in different.    places. All I did in Sao paolo for 2.5 days was get p*ssed and go to a football museum. Weird though, in the club, they give u a credit card and you pay at the end of the night. Dangerous

Good stuff, I really want to go to South America, I'll have to get some tips off you when I come to planning it.

From what I've heard anything remotely touristy in Venice or Rome is scandalously expensive.

Going there as part of the interrail trip, absolutely daft as the idea is to keep it cheap but nevermind. We're staying in a hostel for £19 a night, looks alright, on Venice island, not too many robberies (:lol:). Happy to just wander about for a couple days tbh.

They have a tourist tax of about 3 euros per person per night, f***ing scandalous that is! As if they don't rip you off enough.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #762 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 11:56:04 PM »

Holguin cigar factory. Felt slightly uneasy at the rather sweat house nature of it but the prices for top quality cigars was incredible. Blokes were coming out with boxes. I'm not a regular (at all) cigar smoker so only got ten plus some even cheaper ones, Hoyo de Monterrey Coronations, again tubed, for about a quid a pop.

If I'd known I'd have literally given you £500 and told you to fill a suitcase with them. I pay £230 for boxes of 25 every couple of months.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #763 on: Friday 8 June 2012, 11:59:33 PM »

Yep, both are.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #764 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
Read a piece on how to keep Venice cheap on the plane yesterday. Should be able to access via:
http://www.scribd.com/sampaior/d/95996228-Ryanair-Magazine-June-2012

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #765 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 02:22:22 PM »
Sexy as f*** in Corfu at the moment :)

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #766 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 02:40:07 PM »

If I'd known I'd have literally given you £500 and told you to fill a suitcase with them. I pay £230 for boxes of 25 every couple of months.

You can get them in the Cuban cigar shop in town for around £8 a pop, which is slightly cheaper than what you're paying.

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #767 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 05:24:28 PM »

You can get them in the Cuban cigar shop in town for around £8 a pop, which is slightly cheaper than what you're paying.

Depends what they are, but where is this place, mate?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #768 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
Definitely recommend Riga and/or Tallinn for a city break. Nice places to ample about, decent food (particularly Tallin), cheap and plentiful types of beer/spirits and friendly locals. All good. Helsinki was canny n all, not a great deal too see but was worth a day trip on the boat, had some lush fish there too.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #769 on: Saturday 9 June 2012, 07:53:47 PM »

Depends what they are, but where is this place, mate?

Cuban Cigar Shop, Grainger Street. Lovley little shop. Apparently its the only place outside of London that has a licence to smoke indoors. Not sure how true that is. Anyways -

http://www.cubancigarclub.co.uk/v/home.html

Offline Ronaldo

• General Member
  • Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #770 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
You're the man. Appreciate it.

Offline Ember

• General Member
« Reply #771 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 08:27:35 PM »
I'm off on a "Lads holiday" to Magaluf in July with 8 of my mates. Cannot wait!

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #772 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
just been told all I've to do is email my camp director and I can go back from the end of the month onwards.  Not paid while I'm there as I don't have a Visa but flights and bus upstate paid for, all food etc included if I'm bored and kicking my heels at home.  Apparently they're still lightly staffed and will happily take on someone with 2 years of experience.  If the job/work experience hunt hasn't stepped up by then I might as well take it.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #773 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 11:21:31 PM »
just been told all I've to do is email my camp director and I can go back from the end of the month onwards.  Not paid while I'm there as I don't have a Visa but flights and bus upstate paid for, all food etc included if I'm bored and kicking my heels at home.  Apparently they're still lightly staffed and will happily take on someone with 2 years of experience.  If the job/work experience hunt hasn't stepped up by then I might as well take it.

:(   What about 'p*ss up in Polska'?

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #774 on: Sunday 10 June 2012, 11:27:01 PM »

How camp is he? :bluestar:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close