Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 362195 times)

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #700 on: Friday 25 May 2012, 04:40:59 PM »
Krakow club-wise, the bigger two: Ministerstwo - decent.  Frantic - s****.

Sightseeing wise, you can go round Kasmierez (sp?) and the old town in a golf buggy with a guide.  Fair few young people, usually students, drive them.  We purposely picked out a young lass for our tour that spoke great English, was a proper good laugh as she took the p*ss out of some aspects of the Polish lifestyle.  Also managed to talk her into coming out that night with a few of her mates.  Was decent  O0
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #701 on: Friday 25 May 2012, 06:58:36 PM »
2 weeks today, the most excited I have been about a holiday for years.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #702 on: Friday 25 May 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
Sweden next week, can't wait.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #703 on: Friday 25 May 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
2 weeks today, the most excited I have been about a holiday for years.

Sacking the lass off?

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #704 on: Friday 25 May 2012, 09:41:11 PM »
Ballsacking the lass in.

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #705 on: Sunday 27 May 2012, 01:48:34 AM »
Heading to New Orleans this week.   O0

good man!  f***ing love that place.  Bourbon Street is areet but canny tacky, better to head off down near the French Market where theres more jazz bars.  Have a hurricane and hand grenade or 10 for me though!

No idea if you've had alligator before, but if you haven't, get it blackened rather than fried, much nicer.  Gumbo and shrimp po'boys are also an absolute must.

NOLA was fantastic.  I stayed in the French Quarter, but off of Bourbon Street so it wasn't too crazy.  Had some hand grenades fo sho.  Food was great as expected.  Catfish, crawfish, shrimp po boy, muffaletta, beignets, all the local goodies.  No gator this time, but I've had it before.

One ill advised idea was to do a crosstown bike ride in 30 degree heat.  I was destroyed the rest of the afternoon.  But cocktails were never far from hand, so I rallied.

Highly recommended to all and sundry!

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #706 on: Sunday 27 May 2012, 01:54:08 AM »
As disco says hughesy both sides worth it

Saw Christ the redeemer today, not bad, shouldn't be a wonder of the world
AS9

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #707 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 10:15:54 AM »
Benidorm tonight for a stag weekend.

Gonna be messy.

What a shithole. :lol:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #708 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 10:17:02 AM »

good man!  f***ing love that place.  Bourbon Street is areet but canny tacky, better to head off down near the French Market where theres more jazz bars.  Have a hurricane and hand grenade or 10 for me though!

No idea if you've had alligator before, but if you haven't, get it blackened rather than fried, much nicer.  Gumbo and shrimp po'boys are also an absolute must.

NOLA was fantastic.  I stayed in the French Quarter, but off of Bourbon Street so it wasn't too crazy.  Had some hand grenades fo sho.  Food was great as expected.  Catfish, crawfish, shrimp po boy, muffaletta, beignets, all the local goodies.  No gator this time, but I've had it before.

One ill advised idea was to do a crosstown bike ride in 30 degree heat.  I was destroyed the rest of the afternoon.  But cocktails were never far from hand, so I rallied.

I've always wanted to go there, glad to hear it's still class even after everything they've been through.

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #709 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 11:14:53 AM »

I've always wanted to go there, glad to hear it's still class even after everything they've been through.

Still evidence of damage all these years later though, the odd bent telegraph pole, wrecked houses with x's marked on them.  We went out into the swamps on a boat and there's still wrecked stuff.

it is f***ing mint though

O0
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

palnese

« Reply #710 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
Off to Kensington in a few weeks. I've never been to London before. Is it fairly central? Any decent waterholes about, etc?

I guess the tube/metro/whatever is fairly close regardless.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #711 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 06:11:32 PM »

During Mardi Gras this year I made the ill-advised decision to grab one of these on the way home after an epic session in Lafittes Blacksmith Shop.  Cue darkness then surprise at waking up in a bed (and the right one at that).
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #712 on: Monday 28 May 2012, 11:39:35 PM »
Just spotted the place I am staying has Stella on tap :aww:

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #713 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 05:55:42 PM »
Just booked flights to Marseille for the start of interrail part 2 :megusta:

Definitely need to get my Hatem Ben Arfa top sorted for it. Any tips on Marseille from any of the frenchies or otherwise? (will be there roughly 4 nights).
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #714 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 06:00:48 PM »

Definitely need to get my Hatem Ben Arfa top sorted for it. Any tips on Marseille from any of the frenchies or otherwise? (will be there roughly 4 nights).

where you going?  Interrailed in 2009 but mainly just did central Europe.  Wanted to do it again but was gutted to discover the ticket isn't valid in the Baltic countries.   :rant:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #715 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 06:02:31 PM »

where you going?  Interrailed in 2009 but mainly just did central Europe.  Wanted to do it again but was gutted to discover the ticket isn't valid in the Baltic countries.   :rant:

Cheap enough just to turn up and buy it there though so it probably isn't worth it anyway. Train doesn't go everywhere anyway, having to splash out a whopping €10 for the posh bus between Riga & Tallinn next week.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #716 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 06:12:21 PM »

I was trying to get us to start in Germany but we did it last time (Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Krakow-Budapest).

This time we are going a bit longer and it's looking like Marseille - Lyon - ____ - Venice - ____ - Zagreb - Sarajevo - Dubrovnik. Need to sort out some intermediate places. Definitely starting in France and definitely ending in Croatia though!

Bosnia doesn't do interrail aye, but reckon the prices will be reasonable anyway. Think I prefer the route we did first time but I'm up for a new challenge.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #717 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 06:12:53 PM »

I was trying to get us to start in Germany but we did it last time (Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Krakow-Budapest).

This time we are going a bit longer and it's looking like Marseille - Lyon - ____ - Venice - ____ - Zagreb - Sarajevo - Dubrovnik. Need to sort out some intermediate places. Definitely starting in France and definitely ending in Croatia though!

Bosnia doesn't do interrail aye, but reckon the prices will be reasonable anyway. Think I prefer the route we did first time but I'm up for a new challenge.

Also wanted to go to Poland for the euros but I've been veto'd :okay:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #718 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 06:18:00 PM »

Lake Bled/Bohinj in Slovenia is worth a gander and en route from Venice to Zagreb. Trying to sort out a trip there myself sometime.

Would thoroughly recommend Spilt & Hvar in Croatia too (albeit on the boat not the train) and Mostar in Bosnia, just for a day though.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #719 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 07:10:02 PM »

What's Budapest like? Got it quite high on my list of next places to go....

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #720 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
just got to ihla grande, a big island. beautiful
AS9

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #721 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
Marseille is nice but has a lot of dodgy areas, I was only there two days so that's about all I can stay. IIRC is was like a big L near the water, stay on that bit and don't walk off up alleys. Some dodgy areas near the ground too.

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #722 on: Tuesday 29 May 2012, 10:25:22 PM »
just watch this for everything you need to know about Marseille.  Watched it for French GCSE, its f***ing mint.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #723 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 01:45:06 AM »

What's Budapest like? Got it quite high on my list of next places to go....

Budapest is absolutely lovely. Probably my favourite city in Europe. Amazing baths, wonderful buildings and pints of good beer for 60p, cannae beat it.

Marseille is nice but has a lot of dodgy areas, I was only there two days so that's about all I can stay. IIRC is was like a big L near the water, stay on that bit and don't walk off up alleys. Some dodgy areas near the ground too.

Hmmm... I'll have to look further into it. It was pretty much the only place we could start.

If it's really bad then we can get a 2 hr train to Lyon which I think we're doing anyway, no biggie I guess.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
« Reply #724 on: Wednesday 30 May 2012, 01:46:01 AM »

Lake Bled/Bohinj in Slovenia is worth a gander and en route from Venice to Zagreb. Trying to sort out a trip there myself sometime.

Would thoroughly recommend Spilt & Hvar in Croatia too (albeit on the boat not the train) and Mostar in Bosnia, just for a day though.

Cheers mate, I'll look into them. Heard about Lake Bled and my mate has been pushing Mostar so that's a possibility.