Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363460 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #450 on: Thursday 3 November 2011, 09:59:12 PM »
What would happen if they saw said stamp?

At best tell you to sling your hook and stick you on the next flight home, at worst imprison you on accusations of being a spy. Works both ways, if you go to Lebanon/Syria etc and have a stamp in your passport and tip up in Israel it'll go down a like a fart in a lift. Luckily Israel is full of Israelis and therefore worth avoiding.

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #451 on: Thursday 3 November 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
What would happen if they saw said stamp?

At best tell you to sling your hook and stick you on the next flight home, at worst imprison you on accusations of being a spy. Works both ways, if you go to Lebanon/Syria etc and have a stamp in your passport and tip up in Israel it'll go down a like a fart in a lift. Luckily Israel is full of Israelis and therefore worth avoiding.

Aye, no trips to occupied Palestine for me. Well not on this passport anyway. :shifty:

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #452 on: Friday 4 November 2011, 10:27:50 PM »
Anyone been to Croatia, and in particular the Dubrovnick region? What's it like if so? Looking for somewhere for a hol next summer and had a curious look at prices, but it's a bit like stepping into the unknown.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #453 on: Friday 4 November 2011, 11:25:45 PM »
Anyone been to Croatia, and in particular the Dubrovnick region? What's it like if so? Looking for somewhere for a hol next summer and had a curious look at prices, but it's a bit like stepping into the unknown.

Went there in July for my summer hols, absolutely lush but ridiculously hot. You planning on touring about the region or just going to Dubrovnik?

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #454 on: Monday 7 November 2011, 07:03:21 PM »
Hoping to go to Florida next Easter, does anyone know any cheap flight providers? Or are there any Boxing Day sales?

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #455 on: Monday 7 November 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
Hoping to go to Florida next Easter, does anyone know any cheap flight providers? Or are there any Boxing Day sales?

When I was going over there regularly I always used to use these sites and pay in $ it was way cheaper.

http://www.hotwire.com/us/index.jsp
http://www.kayak.com/  (This was called Sidestep when I used it, but it's apparently the same thing.)

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #456 on: Monday 7 November 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
Cheers :thup:

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday 8 November 2011, 01:14:38 AM »

Went there in July for my summer hols, absolutely lush but ridiculously hot. You planning on touring about the region or just going to Dubrovnik?
Cheers. I just noticed that Jet2 are doing flights to Dubrovnik from Ncl next summer, that's all. Quite expensive for an up and coming holiday region though IMO.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday 8 November 2011, 02:43:45 AM »

I'll send you a PM.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Karjala

• General Member
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday 8 November 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
Lapland at xmas to visit relatives. Holland in the New Year for a bevvy filled track cycling trip!
Nothing will change under Fat Cashley.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday 8 November 2011, 09:29:56 PM »

I'll send you a PM.

Offline macphisto

• General Member
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday 23 November 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
I was just looking at the Amsterdam thread and it reminded me of my recent trip to Krakow in Poland. Probably the best place I've been to in Europe, a real gem. People are friendly, food and drink is cheap, bars are really nice (especially the old Jewish corner) and there's a load to do. I went to Auschwitz (not a lot to say about that other than I'd say everyone should go once in their life). The real surprise for me was the Salt mines, I know they might sound s*** but it really is one of the best things I've ever seen, there's a huge cathedral about 200 metres underground and loads of statues (check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine ).

The thought of Poland didn't really appeal to me as I was only going there to watch Fulham play in their recent Europa match but I was really surprised by how good the place is. So if you're after a long weekend away you should consider checking the place out, much better than Brussels, Amsterdam (unless you're after a smoke) and Rome.

I found the place had a similar vibe to Buenos Aires as in you could easily just chill out, not do a lot and still have a great time.

Last but not least the women are pretty amazing too.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday 23 November 2011, 02:16:49 PM »

I found the place had a similar vibe to Buenos Aires as in you could easily just chill out, not do a lot and still have a great time.

Last but not least the women are pretty amazing too.

Well thats me sold. One of the few places you can still get direct flights to from NCL n all.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday 23 November 2011, 07:20:59 PM »
Hope things calm down a bit in Egypt in the next two weeks.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: Thursday 24 November 2011, 08:40:02 PM by Greg »

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #464 on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 08:36:25 PM »
any recommendations on what area of madrid to stay in? not too dear, good place for bars etc, u know the drill
AS9

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #465 on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 09:12:30 PM »
anywhere around sol or opera metro stations will good, just go on hoetelworld or something

---

Off to Germany tomorrow for a weekend of beer, bratwurst and bundesliga. Should be belting.
« Last Edit: Thursday 24 November 2011, 09:24:51 PM by Disco »

Offline QBG

• General Member
« Reply #466 on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 09:14:05 PM »
anywhere around sol or opera metro stations will good, just go on hoetelworld or something

---

Off to Germany tomorrow for a weekend or beer, bratwurst and bundesliga. Should be belting.

Who you going to watch?

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #467 on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
Parents are in the process of buying a house in Colorado this week.  Looking forward to the extensive vacationing I'll be doing there year round.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #468 on: Thursday 24 November 2011, 09:29:40 PM »

---

Off to Germany tomorrow for a weekend or beer, bratwurst and bundesliga. Should be belting.

Who you going to watch?

Unfortunately I booked it before the season started so Munich aren't at home so heading to Nürnberg v Kaiserslautern. Less than £20 a pop though so can't complain. Stadium is right next to where they held the rallies which should be interesting to look around too.

On some other place they said you can booze in the stands too. Perfect.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #469 on: Sunday 27 November 2011, 10:02:13 PM »
stuff to do in madrid? dont have a clue, is it an expensive city?
AS9

Offline KDT

• General Member
« Reply #470 on: Monday 5 December 2011, 01:40:51 AM »
Best sites for cheap flights to the USA? already looked at sky scanner

Offline indi

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #471 on: Monday 5 December 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
Best sites for cheap flights to the USA? already looked at sky scanner

http://www.hotwire.com/
http://www.kayak.com

Buy in dollars.

Saved me hundreds in the past.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 04:30:43 PM »

going tomorrow. still dont know what to do, just sounds like a bunch of art galleries, f*** that. anything? disco?
AS9

Offline Christmas Tree

• I don't like Jonas.
  • General Member
  • Reality hits you hard Bro!
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 04:52:19 PM »

going tomorrow. still dont know what to do, just sounds like a bunch of art galleries, f*** that. anything? disco?

Trust you've done the trip advisor top things to do list.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g187514-Activities-Madrid.html

I skipped through the top 10 and it looked pretty dull like.  :lol:

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday 6 December 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
mm doesnt look great :undecided: the match saturday massively makes up for it. hopefully find a few whiskey bars to keep me occupied
AS9