Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363456 times)

Offline MW

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #400 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
Most likely going to America for 3 weeks at the end of August. Plan is to do New york, san fran, san diego then finish off in Vegas, should be amazing hope it happens
AS9

Offline Colocho

• General Member
  • Le sarcasme est la forme la plus basse de l'esprit
« Reply #401 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 02:41:20 PM »
Cannes in two weeks.
Sir John Hall: "I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over three days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this."

Offline adam

• General Member
  • Thoroughly blue veining
« Reply #402 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
Cancun in oct like  :thup:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #403 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
Cannes in two weeks.

Went for a Maccy Ds when I was there coz I'm reet classy hew.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #404 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 04:26:33 PM »
Norwich this weekend. :thup:

Offline robbo_11

• General Member
« Reply #405 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 05:06:24 PM »
Peru in October.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #406 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 05:06:38 PM »
Cannes in two weeks.

Lovely jubbly. :coolsmiley:

You have to go to Morrison's Irish Pub - the owner is a top, top man. Make sure you go there for a night out.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #407 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 11:10:27 PM »
Brighton this weekend, because I heart cock.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #408 on: Monday 15 August 2011, 11:24:03 PM »
Jelly of robbo.

Going to Wensleydale over the forthcoming bank holiday weekend for a couple of nights. Fingers crossed the weather won't be s***.

Offline Colocho

• General Member
  • Le sarcasme est la forme la plus basse de l'esprit
« Reply #409 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 12:15:53 PM »
Of to the south of France for a week. Have a good week everyone.
Sir John Hall: "I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over three days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this."

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #410 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 02:43:02 PM »
Scouting mission.

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #411 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 02:52:45 PM »
Most likely going to America for 3 weeks at the end of August. Plan is to do New york, san fran, san diego then finish off in Vegas, should be amazing hope it happens

Doing this tomorrow. any last minute tips for any of them?
AS9

Offline PCW1983

• General Member
  • I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #412 on: Monday 29 August 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
Can't afford a holiday this year because of moving house however were in the process of planning a holiday for next year.  Going to drive to Faverage in France for a weeks of relaxation.
Can't wait, the place looks beautiful.
Never give up - Winston Churchill

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #413 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
best place to get last minute cheap holidays?

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #414 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 10:37:56 AM »
There seemed to be very few around when we were looking 2 weeks ago.

For a week in Rhodes/Kos/Zante/Crete/Egypt leaving within 4 days of booking we were looking at saving about £70 off the brochure prices. The Tour Operators cut back on the volume they were supplying this year massively so there's fewer cheap deals. Still some around if you are flexible, but don't expect to be getting anything half decent for a couple of hundred quid like you could a few years ago
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

johnnyrichuk

« Reply #415 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 10:40:07 AM »
Have a look at turkey. Just got back and it was brilliant. Flights with Thompson or monarch are fairly cheap and once you're out there you can't spend your money!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Offline Weezertron

• General Member
  • I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #416 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
cheeeers.
Is turkey still warm this time of year?

johnnyrichuk

« Reply #417 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 11:06:19 AM »
Roasting. Clear blue sky. Didn't see a cloud for a week. Some days it must have been 35/36

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #418 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 09:10:40 PM »
Got back from Hamburg a fortnight ago, got a trip to Munich planned for the end of November, and then going to tour either the Balkans or Scandinavia around April/May next year (want to get to Sarajevo and Mostar as soon as possible, so leaning towards the former at the moment). Would ideally like to fit a short break at Ghent in January if I can, as well, but can't guarantee that at the moment.
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #419 on: Sunday 18 September 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
Got back from Hamburg a fortnight ago, got a trip to Munich planned for the end of November, and then going to tour either the Balkans or Scandinavia around April/May next year (want to get to Sarajevo and Mostar as soon as possible, so leaning towards the former at the moment). Would ideally like to fit a short break at Ghent in January if I can, as well, but can't guarantee that at the moment.

I'm off to Munich & Nürnberg the last weekend of Nov like. Went to Mostar in July n all - lovely little town but one of the hottest places I think I've ever been.

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #420 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 06:56:09 AM »
Went to Mostar in July n all - lovely little town but one of the hottest places I think I've ever been.

How was it you got there? Do any of the surrounding areas in the Balkans beforehand?
No more Waterloo, no more rural country halts, no more solitude: no more becoming, just interminable being.

Offline LooneyToonArmy

• General Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #421 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 07:08:40 AM »
Cannes in two weeks.

Lovely jubbly. :coolsmiley:

You have to go to Morrison's Irish Pub - the owner is a top, top man. Make sure you go there for a night out.

soak in the local culture

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #422 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 07:14:08 AM »
Thinking about heading off to The Whitsundays for a week in a few weeks. Get a break from city life. Anyone been?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #423 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 08:06:41 AM »
Went to Mostar in July n all - lovely little town but one of the hottest places I think I've ever been.

How was it you got there? Do any of the surrounding areas in the Balkans beforehand?

Just went on a day trip when we were on the Croat coast but you can regular buses from Dubrovnik/Split.

Offline fuhg

• General Member
« Reply #424 on: Monday 19 September 2011, 08:43:01 AM »

Just went on a day trip when we were on the Croat coast but you can regular buses from Dubrovnik/Split.

Yeah, I did Dubrovnik last year but ended up going further down the coast to Montenegro rather than inland to Mostar. Would ideally like to do a route going from Slovenia to Istanbul, passing through Ljubljana, Zadar, Split, Mostar, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Sofia and Thessaloniki on the way.