Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 377190 times)

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday 15 March 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
not dead set on the states tbh, mates there is all...if i'm not going near him then would probably go somewhere i actually fancy

wouldn't mind the maldives (honeymoon) again tbh
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday 15 March 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
Pretty high chance my first holiday of the year is going to be a hassle with the Spanish Airport strike happening more or less the whole week we'll be there so I think my internal flight will be f***ed which is a ballache.

When's this happening? I'm due to go to Barca end of May.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday 15 March 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
Pretty high chance my first holiday of the year is going to be a hassle with the Spanish Airport strike happening more or less the whole week we'll be there so I think my internal flight will be f***ed which is a ballache.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/simon-calder-spanish-airport-strikes-qampa-2236591.html

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #378 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/simon-calder-spanish-airport-strikes-qampa-2236591.html

Provisionally cancelled now (Reuters). Get in.

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #379 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

Nice.

Offline AliGupter

• General Member
  • Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #380 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 01:20:37 PM »

Now you just need Barca to be drawn at home in the semis. :lol:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Toon Saint

« Reply #381 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
Nice.
Lovely city, don't forget to get the train along to Monaco for the day.  :razz:

Online leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #382 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
need a f***ing holiday man, proper holiday...

where's good for a couple with a 2 year old bairn in the summer - hot but not too hot, plenty for the kid to do, that type of s***...money not really an object

best mate lives in pittsburgh, wonder what could be done nearby ???

Florida. Can't imagine Pittsburgh is a great holiday destination. 2 might be a bit young to really appreciate Florida too I suppose.

yeah was pretty much thinking all that myself, might have to be florida really...or just f*** off somewhere i actually want to go instead i guess

I actually live not that far from Pittsburgh, by US standards anyway. The weather should be nice as long as you're here in summer.

Are you into rollercoasters at all? If so then you might consider Cedar Point. It's west of Cleveland, maybe 3 hours drive from Pittsburgh, one of the top rollercoaster centers in the world and should be plenty for the bairn to do.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #383 on: Thursday 17 March 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Anyone ever flown with Aeroflot before? It's twatting cheap to get to China with them.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #384 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 12:00:37 AM »
Anyone ever flown with Aeroflot before? It's twatting cheap to get to China with them.

Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #385 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 12:04:29 AM »

I remember reading the layovers in Moscow are pretty nightmarish like you need to give a long wait just to ensure it goes smoothly.

Offline Mowen

• General Member
  • Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #386 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 12:04:56 AM »

I remember reading the layovers in Moscow are pretty nightmarish.

Do you not just get suckies off fit Russians?
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #387 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 06:09:41 AM »
need a f***ing holiday man, proper holiday...

where's good for a couple with a 2 year old bairn in the summer - hot but not too hot, plenty for the kid to do, that type of s***...money not really an object

best mate lives in pittsburgh, wonder what could be done nearby ???

Florida. Can't imagine Pittsburgh is a great holiday destination. 2 might be a bit young to really appreciate Florida too I suppose.

yeah was pretty much thinking all that myself, might have to be florida really...or just f*** off somewhere i actually want to go instead i guess

I actually live not that far from Pittsburgh, by US standards anyway. The weather should be nice as long as you're here in summer.

Are you into rollercoasters at all? If so then you might consider Cedar Point. It's west of Cleveland, maybe 3 hours drive from Pittsburgh, one of the top rollercoaster centers in the world and should be plenty for the bairn to do.

nah i'm just about broke man, need some reeeeeeelaxification time on the next hol - been speaking to my mate and we're on about florida or the caribbean or summik
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #388 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 08:43:09 AM »

I remember reading the layovers in Moscow are pretty nightmarish.

Do you not just get suckies off fit Russians?

Go to Domodedovo and you might get blown up...I mean off yes.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #389 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:05:45 PM »
I slept http://www.icehotel.com/uk/ICEHOTEL/Art-design/2011/Ice-Fishing-Suite/ here, -5degrees. IT was awesome.

Sweden was class, saw the northern lights whist snow-mobiling through the wilderness, its was so cool.

My first trip abroad too!

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #390 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
I slept http://www.icehotel.com/uk/ICEHOTEL/Art-design/2011/Ice-Fishing-Suite/ here, -5degrees. IT was awesome.

Sweden was class, saw the northern lights whist snow-mobiling through the wilderness, its was so cool.

My first trip abroad too!

:thup:

That looks class, wor lass keeps banging on about wanting to see the Northern Lights like, looks amazing.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #391 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:09:41 PM »
Oh and the icebar was insanely cool, my wallet took a kick but my god it was so beautiful. :)

The food was great too! Reindeer, Moose, Char, Salmon and lots of potatoes! :lol:

Lingonberry Juice :smitten:

The northern lights were something else, we saw them develop over the period of an hour, then, they began to change, our guide told us to jump on the "snow bed" and enjoy.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #392 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
Oh and the icebar was insanely cool, my wallet took a kick but my god it was so beautiful. :)

The food was great too! Reindeer, Moose, Char, Salmon and lots of potatoes! :lol:

Lingonberry Juice :smitten:

The northern lights were something else, we saw them develop over the period of an hour, then, they began to change, our guide told us to jump on the "snow bed" and enjoy.

Get yourself to Ikea for some Lingonberry pop.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #393 on: Friday 18 March 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
Its been ordered and the sister in law is dropping it off tomorrow :D

Oh and planes are f***ing mesmerising, how that thing stays in the air, f*** me!

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
  • London
« Reply #394 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
Anyone been to Sentosa Island before? Recommend going or not? It looks perfect from what I've seen but I've not heard any first hand experience about the place.

Main concern is the access to Singapore city, is it easy to get there? And is there any particular mode of transport worth taking?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #395 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
Anyone been to Sentosa Island before? Recommend going or not? It looks perfect from what I've seen but I've not heard any first hand experience about the place.

Main concern is the access to Singapore city, is it easy to get there? And is there any particular mode of transport worth taking?

I went for the day when I was in Singapore. It's all man made and a bit sterile I found. They were in the process of building Universal which i believe is now finished when I was there so it'd be good for kids. You can get a monorail from inside some shopping centre from Singapore city. Its right near the port IIRC.

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
  • London
« Reply #396 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 12:03:03 PM »
Hmmm, that doesn't sound too promising. Was it quite quiet when you were there or fairly busy and tourist-y?   

The main reason I wanted to go is because I thought it would offer the quieter beaches for some days and then we could go into the city other days. If the beaches and area is busy, I don't think it's worth going.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #397 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
Hmmm, that doesn't sound too promising. Was it quite quiet when you were there or fairly busy and tourist-y?   

The main reason I wanted to go is because I thought it would offer the quieter beaches for some days and then we could go into the city other days. If the beaches and area is busy, I don't think it's worth going.

I think it was pretty quiet but because of how close it is to the city it could probably get busy at any given time. If you're in Singapore anyway though its probably worth a visit.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #398 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
Going to admire the scenery in Malia this June

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #399 on: Saturday 19 March 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Just had a call from Thomson's asking why I didn't take out travel insurance even though it's clearly itemised on my travel docs.

Dickheads.