Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 377202 times)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #250 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 08:10:43 PM »
The boy becomes a man :D

Fair play though, never imagined Ibiza being the kind of place to get some. I know its an 18-30 style holiday but from what I have seen and mates have told me it comes across as a drugged up zombies on the dancefloor dancing away till 2pm kind of place.

That's what's best about it man.

Some of the blart in Ibiza is absolutely amazing mind, especially when I went you wandered to more up market places, not in hope of pulling, but just maybe that you'd perhaps see a breast fall out of a top.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #251 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 08:12:55 PM »
f*** that, I would go on that sort of holiday to pull first and foremost.

Clubs are all well and good and it is good to have a laugh with your mates but its always disappointing going home empty handed (well one hand gets something inside it I suppose).

Offline Mr. Snrub

• General Member
  • Messi
« Reply #252 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
Definitely gonna go to Ibiza next year.   Sounds amazing.

As far as lads holidays goes, I've only done Magaluf.. which has definitely ran its course.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #253 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 08:27:52 PM »

Fair play though, never imagined Ibiza being the kind of place to get some. I know its an 18-30 style holiday but from what I have seen and mates have told me it comes across as a drugged up zombies on the dancefloor dancing away till 2pm kind of place.
It was a bit like that, tbf. One night, I must've had 30 people asking me if I wanted pills or if I had any.
It's still a great time to go and party though, the clubs close at around 6-6.30. I'd say most people that go there are between 25-30 though, we certainly felt young (we're 20).

lankybellwipe

« Reply #254 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 08:56:21 PM »
I'm thinking of joining the Legionnaires club me like!

£1.35 for a pint of Scotch (well, half scotch, half froth) but at least it gets me out in the open air, for a bit of a walk, until I get in the club, and get my Scotchforth!

I shall sit with Paisley Tam, and auld Fred, and we shall discuss the origins of the welfare state, and how things weren't what they were in them days, until we fall asleep in our pickled eggs!

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #255 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

It was a bit like that, tbf. One night, I must've had 30 people asking me if I wanted pills or if I had any.
It's still a great time to go and party though, the clubs close at around 6-6.30. I'd say most people that go there are between 25-30 though, we certainly felt young (we're 20).

Sounds like the opposite of Zante where I felt really old! :lol:

lankybellwipe

« Reply #256 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 09:05:07 PM »

Sounds like the opposite of Zante where I felt really old! :lol:

Felt, and AM, no competition  :weep:

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #257 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 09:09:40 PM »
Sorry I forget.

SORRY I FORGET (JUST INCASE YOU COULDN'T READ THE ABOVE)

lankybellwipe

« Reply #258 on: Thursday 14 August 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
Sorry I forget.

SORRY I FORGET (JUST INCASE YOU COULDN'T READ THE ABOVE)

mackems.gif

:thup:

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:30:59 AM »
Just booked a holiday to Ibiza.

No whistles or horns though, we're going to Santa Eulalia.

lankybellwipe

« Reply #260 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:35:38 AM »

WHERE?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:39:36 AM »
Santa Eulalia.

lankybellwipe

« Reply #262 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:40:50 AM »

WHERE?

Sounds Davetastic !

Ignore the bell end and have a good time!

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 12:41:45 AM »
I don't f***ing know; she decided, I paid. :lol:

optimistic nit

« Reply #264 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 10:46:50 AM »
not really in the spirit of the thread, but my 2 months of travel end today. been a really really really really great 2 months, but im looking forward to going home. i had a really bad fever for 5 days this week, which is probably part of the reason. the football season is also part of the reason.

now to decide whether to visit the forum and collisseum, or stay on NO all day :lol:

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #265 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 11:13:14 AM »
not really in the spirit of the thread, but my 2 months of travel end today. been a really really really really great 2 months, but im looking forward to going home. i had a really bad fever for 5 days this week, which is probably part of the reason. the football season is also part of the reason.

now to decide whether to visit the forum and collisseum, or stay on NO all day :lol:

N-O will still be here tomorrow. Go and see all you can.

optimistic nit

« Reply #266 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 11:17:39 AM »
its here today as well though ;) . i saw them yesterday anyway. theyve also done pretty well over the last 2000 years, whereas NO seems overdue another closing down ;)

Offline MW

• General Member
« Reply #267 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 01:54:26 PM »
Lads planning to go to Ibeza next summer. Magaluf from this summer will take some beating mind.
AS9

lankybellwipe

« Reply #268 on: Saturday 16 August 2008, 02:50:32 PM »
Lads planning to go to Ibeza next summer. Magaluf from this summer will take some beating mind.

Hope you can spell 'Airport' for the flight booking   O0

Toon Saint

« Reply #269 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 12:49:12 AM »
I'm just back from a 2 week tour round Bulgaria.
Went to 4 games,
Levski Sofia 2 Paralimni (Cyprus) 0 (friendly),
CSKA Sofia 1 Litex Lovech 0 (Super Cup),
Spartak Varna 2 Lokomotiv Mezdra 0 (league match),
Levski Sofia 0 Bate (Belarus) 1 (Champions League).
Total entry cost for the 4 games was 12 Leva (£4.90) :yikes:

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #270 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 01:29:26 AM »
Went to 4 games,
any photos of the grounds etc ?

anyway......this has been a northumbria holiday (ie skint) and i've loved it. country walks and exploring. the girls have loved it aswell. i think we'll soon have walking shoes! :kasper:!
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

lankybellwipe

« Reply #271 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 01:31:31 AM »
Went to 4 games,

anyway......this has been a northumbria holiday (ie skint) and i've loved it. country walks and exploring. the girls have loved it aswell. i think we'll soon have walking shoes! :kasper:!

Aye, the pics were lovely. Can't wait to take mine for a brisk walk in the country  O0

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #272 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 01:35:10 AM »
Went to 4 games,

Aye, the pics were lovely. Can't wait to take mine for a brisk walk in the country  O0
looking forward to the winter. nowt better than a winter country walk or walk along the beach then to the pub for dinner (obviously nee plodging under the winter conditions)

ps make it a circular walk. theres nothing worse than "right now turn back and go exactly back the way we've just been"
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #273 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
The lads I was at Ibiza with this summer was in Magaluf last year, they said Ibiza p*ssed all over Magaluf, couldn't even compare the two.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #274 on: Sunday 17 August 2008, 12:11:52 PM »
The lads I was at Ibiza with this summer was in Magaluf last year, they said Ibiza p*ssed all over Magaluf, couldn't even compare the two.

In terms of class blart I would have to agree.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt