Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 389005 times)

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7875 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 08:34:09 AM »
After Slovakia in a few weeks I'm thinking of going to Berlin beginning of Sept as work are pressuring me to take holidays asap. Reckon it's worth it with this potential quarantine? The Slovakia stuff is a safe bet as I've only paid £60 for a return flight & UK is fully on their approved list now. Berlin is cheap too in regards to flights but these stories coming out re: Spain/Germany are deterring me from booking just yet.

I think Germany will not be on the list.

Their numbers are still small.  The issue with Spain was a sudden rise, the amount of UK tourists that visit there and the government acting on like they are being proactive for a change (they should have exempted the islands which have had few cases overall for a while now).  Just wait till the last minute as prices won't rise that much.

Thanks man, and aye it’s hardly like people flock to Germany all summer so was surprised to see it grouped in with Spain by the media. I bet the likes of Benidorm/Magaluf and that have been f***ing hell holes the past few weeks like.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7876 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 08:36:16 AM »
After Slovakia in a few weeks I'm thinking of going to Berlin beginning of Sept as work are pressuring me to take holidays asap. Reckon it's worth it with this potential quarantine? The Slovakia stuff is a safe bet as I've only paid £60 for a return flight & UK is fully on their approved list now. Berlin is cheap too in regards to flights but these stories coming out re: Spain/Germany are deterring me from booking just yet.

Their numbers are still small.  The issue with Spain was a sudden rise, the amount of UK tourists that visit there and the government acting on like they are being proactive for a change (they should have exempted the islands which have had few cases overall for a while now).  Just wait till the last minute as prices won't rise that much.

Thanks man, and aye it’s hardly like people flock to Germany all summer so was surprised to see it grouped in with Spain by the media. I bet the likes of Benidorm/Magaluf and that have been f***ing hell holes the past few weeks like.

Benidorm aye, Magaluf is shut down for the rest of the summer.

Cases are rising in Germany though, so they may get added in a month's time.  As @Troll says your taking a big risk.  I'm just going domestic for my holidays this year.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #7877 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:40:46 AM »

Benidorm aye, Magaluf is shut down for the rest of the summer.

Cases are rising in Germany though, so they may get added in a month's time.  As @Troll says your taking a big risk.  I'm just going domestic for my holidays this year.

A risk worth taking I reckon, need to escape from this god forsaken job for a bit.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #7878 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:41:32 AM »
We don't know what it'll be like in September.  If you book a holiday in the middle of a pandemic, you have to accept the risk that it'll be cancelled, the country will go into lockdown while you're there, or you'll have to quarantine on your return.

:thup:

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #7879 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:44:43 AM »
Depends how bad it is for you to have to quarantine really. I've been working from home and that seems likely to continue, so I would be tempted to accept 14 days lockdown to get away for a bit.

My main concern is how enjoyable the holiday is once you get there. Apartment near a supermarket and beach seems the safest bet, so you're not relying on sightseeing, bars or restaurants.

I'm saving it for September-December if I go at all, winter here could be f***ing grim.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #7880 on: Thursday 30 July 2020, 09:50:21 AM »
Depends how bad it is for you to have to quarantine really. I've been working from home and that seems likely to continue, so I would be tempted to accept 14 days lockdown to get away for a bit.

My main concern is how enjoyable the holiday is once you get there. Apartment near a supermarket and beach seems the safest bet, so you're not relying on sightseeing, bars or restaurants.

I'm saving it for September-December if I go at all, winter here could be f***ing grim.

I'm just spending 1 day in Bratislava for architecture stuff then I'm off to the rural areas and to the mountains for the remainder so a relatively secluded stay...

As for Berlin I'll probably just not come back anyway so...  :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7881 on: Sunday 2 August 2020, 12:29:58 PM »
Supposed to going to Barcelona on thursday for start of hols :yao:

Going to go to Tarragona in southern Catalonia instead and go to Port Aventura / Beach for a few days.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7882 on: Thursday 6 August 2020, 09:52:21 PM »
Supposed to going to Barcelona on thursday for start of hols :yao:

Going to go to Tarragona in southern Catalonia instead and go to Port Aventura / Beach for a few days.

Currently in Barcelona.  It's quiet.