Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 361663 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7425 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 10:57:28 PM »

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #7426 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 01:06:51 PM »
Was in Naples over the weekend, such a fascinating place. Loved it. The streets were exactly as crazy as I was promised. :lol:

Also managed to eat 5 pizzas over 3 nights which ranks amongst my finest ever achievements. The marinara at Starita :sweetjesus: Even the pizza from Vesi was tremendous.

Been there twice on rallies and never really clicked with the place. Food was lush and that but I always felt a bit unsafe. Out of all the places I stayed in Italy those tours, I enjoyed it the least. It was years after the bin men striking but still felt like the place was feeling the aftermath of that.

I'd like to try it again though.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #7427 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 01:12:29 PM »
Was in Naples over the weekend, such a fascinating place. Loved it. The streets were exactly as crazy as I was promised. :lol:

Also managed to eat 5 pizzas over 3 nights which ranks amongst my finest ever achievements. The marinara at Starita :sweetjesus: Even the pizza from Vesi was tremendous.

Been there twice on rallies and never really clicked with the place. Food was lush and that but I always felt a bit unsafe. Out of all the places I stayed in Italy those tours, I enjoyed it the least. It was years after the bin men striking but still felt like the place was feeling the aftermath of that.

We never really felt unsafe except for when scooters would whizz by uncomfortably close. :lol:
There's still rubbish everywhere like, but there are so many interesting buildings and features everywhere so it was easy for me to overlook all that. Vomero (up the hill) was a bit more laid-back. Worth a trip for the views from the palace alone.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #7428 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 01:31:05 PM »

We never really felt unsafe except for when scooters would whizz by uncomfortably close. :lol:
There's still rubbish everywhere like, but there are so many interesting buildings and features everywhere so it was easy for me to overlook all that. Vomero (up the hill) was a bit more laid-back. Worth a trip for the views from the palace alone.

f***ing hell I must have told this story here before but I took a taxi through the city one time and went through this weird place that felt like a massive old cobbled town square with about 6+ roads leading into it. It felt like there should be a roundabout there or at least some sort of markings to show you where lanes should be. It just looked like a free for all though.

So anyway, the taxi driver obviously blasts straight through the red light going into it and then has to slam on the brakes to avoid T-boning a police car. There was a momentary pause that felt like hours, then the cop just waved us through as if it happens all the time.

Decided to walk back to the hotel all the way along the waterfront after that. Took ages and was slightly dodgy in places.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7429 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 03:50:42 PM »
any good tips/places for cheap flights to the US, will be heading to pittsburgh in july probably thinking it's wise to go via new york and take my daughter to see the sights and such
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7430 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 03:52:52 PM »
Just use Skyscanner or Gewgle Flights, they'll find the cheapest options for you.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7431 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 04:02:37 PM »
pft, thought you globetrotting c***s might have had some tricks up your sleeves

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7432 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 04:43:19 PM »
Bar flying mad routes it's usually just timing it right to hit various sales and being a bit flexible with where you fly from/to.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #7433 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 04:51:20 PM »
Just use Skyscanner or Gewgle Flights, they'll find the cheapest options for you.

Last few years, we've had a 3-night weekend to Ibiza in early october, for Cafe Mambo closing party.

With booking the hotel direct (decent hotel on B&B), and then the flights with jet2, its always came out about £800 in total for 3 of us.

This year so far, Jet2 want just over £800 for the flights alone!

Any tips on when is best to book them, or is it really just a case of pot luck and checking skyscanner every so often and hoping for a price drop?
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #7434 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 05:44:13 PM »
The pound being so weak might be a factor as well.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7435 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 08:48:36 PM »
The pound being so weak might be a factor as well.

It's actually a lot stronger than in recent years.

Online WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #7436 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
any good tips/places for cheap flights to the US, will be heading to pittsburgh in july probably thinking it's wise to go via new york and take my daughter to see the sights and such

Had an email from Jack's Flight Club today with premium economy flights to Pittsburgh for £573 return with BA. Flying from Heathrow or Gatwick for Feb - early Dec. JFK is £522.

They reckon the prices should last 2-3 days. Obviously bog standard cattle will be even cheaper.

JFC just uses Google Flights, so worth a look.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7437 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 09:49:29 PM »

Last few years, we've had a 3-night weekend to Ibiza in early october, for Cafe Mambo closing party.

With booking the hotel direct (decent hotel on B&B), and then the flights with jet2, its always came out about £800 in total for 3 of us.

This year so far, Jet2 want just over £800 for the flights alone!

Any tips on when is best to book them, or is it really just a case of pot luck and checking skyscanner every so often and hoping for a price drop?

Pretty much in my experience albeit Jet2 are never what I’d consider cheap. If you’re in town see if flights from Edinburgh/Leeds are an option.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #7438 on: Wednesday 12 February 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
Anyone been to Kyiv?

Think @ponsaelius might've?

Nope, just Kharkiv.

Kyiv's been on my list for a while like.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7439 on: Thursday 13 February 2020, 12:37:19 PM »

Had an email from Jack's Flight Club today with premium economy flights to Pittsburgh for £573 return with BA. Flying from Heathrow or Gatwick for Feb - early Dec. JFK is £522.

They reckon the prices should last 2-3 days. Obviously bog standard cattle will be even cheaper.

JFC just uses Google Flights, so worth a look.

:thup:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7440 on: Yesterday at 05:47:43 PM »
Sevilla for easter weekend.

Kyiv for long weekend at start of May.  Planning to go to chernobyl.

« Reply #7441 on: Yesterday at 07:19:20 PM »

Might be worth a couple of months subscription to Jacks Flight Club.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Only $50 pm
« Reply #7442 on: Yesterday at 09:06:31 PM »
Pittsburgh isn’t going to be easy/cheap to fly to from the UK no matter what. Might be easiest to go to ewr or jfk and then find a cheaper internal airline flight.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7443 on: Yesterday at 10:44:21 PM »
cheers lads, i'm thinking of JFK then travelling down

loads of deals on atm as well from that jack's flight thing but none of them for july, obvs :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #7444 on: Yesterday at 10:56:26 PM »
cheers lads, i'm thinking of JFK then travelling down

loads of deals on atm as well from that jack's flight thing but none of them for july, obvs :lol:

Keep an eye on it, it can change quickly. Depending on how long you can wait to book them, obviously. Premium members get a lot more deals and it's like £4 a month. Doesn't guarantee you'll get one, mind.

Skyscanner is your best bet otherwise imo.

« Reply #7445 on: Today at 04:22:46 PM »

« Reply #7446 on: Today at 04:23:46 PM »
Can fwd you the email if its of any help. Got that on 14th so might be slim pickings now. New York deals are frequent, mind.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7447 on: Today at 04:40:56 PM »
cheers @Super Duper Branko Strupar i've sign up to his email so got that through but july is literally the only month with no discount and that's when i need to go :lol:

i'm totally torn about this now, want to go and see my best mate who i've not seen in more than a decade but it'll be me and the 10 year old daughter for our only summer holiday....can't inflict a long stay in f***ing pittsburgh on her and there's nothing around there in terms of beaches and s***

starting to look like a total ballache this :/

Sleep now in the fire

Online Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #7448 on: Today at 04:49:12 PM »
Pittsburgh is a nice, resurging Rust Belt town. So there's a lot more there than 10 years ago, but yeah, doesn't seem ideal for a kid visiting if you need to go out of your way

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7449 on: Today at 04:58:17 PM »
if it was just me it would already be done, straight there and on the lash, but trying to combine it with something not s**** for the bairn :lol:

inclined to give up on the idea now tbph, which is a bit s****

Sleep now in the fire