Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 369250 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7400 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 12:42:49 PM »
Looking forward to my 4 day trip to Bratislava/Vienna tomorrow. Not drank at all in January, so feeling fresh and ready for a good session.

Found some class cheap bars in Bratislava, the castle looks decent. Vienna looks canny too. Can't knock £31 return fights  ;)

That'll be a cracking little trip, I really liked being in Bratislava. Would recommend doing the UFO tower (it's just a viewing deck) if you plan to sight-see. Which you might as well cos it's only small.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7401 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Looking forward to my 4 day trip to Bratislava/Vienna tomorrow. Not drank at all in January, so feeling fresh and ready for a good session.

Found some class cheap bars in Bratislava, the castle looks decent. Vienna looks canny too. Can't knock £31 return fights  ;)

That'll be a cracking little trip, I really liked being in Bratislava. Would recommend doing the UFO tower (it's just a viewing deck) if you plan to sight-see. Which you might as well cos it's only small.

Yeah going to check out UFO tower for sure. Looks impressive.

Offline BennyBlanco

« Reply #7402 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 12:58:29 PM »
Just booked a three night stay in Istanbul with the waff (honeymoon) before we go to the mother in laws house in Icmeler - keeping it economical. Been to Icmeler loads but Istanbul is a new one - anyone who's been have any tips on things to do outside of the usual tourist fayre. Places to eat and bars would be much appreciated too O0

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7403 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 01:10:21 PM »
Bilbao this weekend.  Looking forward to going to san mames and having pinchos.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7404 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 01:27:11 PM »

Breakfast: https://pancakes.sk/

Dinner: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-d3846994?m=19905

Offline jarrovianmag

• General Member
« Reply #7405 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 01:50:17 PM »
Off to Krakow in April , then Amsterdam in May , looking forward to the pair of them

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7406 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 01:57:06 PM »

Such a beautiful place, surprised it's not more popular. Guess it's due to it not being the typical Spain beach-holiday kinda place.

Enjoy :thup:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7407 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 02:24:15 PM »

Breakfast: https://pancakes.sk/

Dinner: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-d3846994?m=19905

Sweet will check them out. That dinner restaurant is 300m from our apartment.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7408 on: Wednesday 29 January 2020, 02:28:05 PM »

Such a beautiful place, surprised it's not more popular. Guess it's due to it not being the typical Spain beach-holiday kinda place.

Enjoy :thup:

Thanks. :)

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7409 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 07:48:37 AM »
Cracking first night in Bratislava. We ate and drank like kings. Up now to go for a Vienna day trip and absolutely hanging lol. Didn't get in until 5am.

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #7410 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 10:33:32 AM »
Dominican Republic next week. If there's free seats on the plane...

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
Re: Holidays
« Reply #7411 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
I'd recommend flying in one airport (Tokyo/Kansai) and out of the other so you're not going back on yourself.

I actually did that just by being a cheap b******. Ended up on a slightly wonky set of flights just to avoid shitty times and extortionate prices.

On the way there: London - Bejing - Heneda
On the way back: Narita - Chendu - London

This Coronavirus thing needs to f*** off soon like. Not liking my chances of making these flights if it keeps going.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7412 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 12:46:28 PM »
Bewked to go to Cádiz for the end of the summer.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #7413 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 12:47:16 PM »

:thup: It's lovely.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #7414 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 02:17:19 PM »
Ooh, had that on my list for a while. It appears in Monocle quite a bit (#metropolitanliberalelite).

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7415 on: Friday 31 January 2020, 02:22:11 PM »
Aye, I've wanted to go for a while. It's just a bit of a chew on to get too, especially from the barren NE. Having a weekend stopping in Seville n all on the same trip. Hopefully one of the teams will be at home to someone decent.

I could happily go to Spain every summer tbh, absolutely love it.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7416 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 06:57:45 PM »
Aye, I've wanted to go for a while. It's just a bit of a chew on to get too, especially from the barren NE. Having a weekend stopping in Seville n all on the same trip. Hopefully one of the teams will be at home to someone decent.

@Disco Cadiz should be la Liga by then
  Currently top of la Liga smart bank :anguish:.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7417 on: Saturday 1 February 2020, 07:25:14 PM »

@Disco Cadiz should be la Liga by then
  Currently top of la Liga smart bank :anguish:.

Aye, would be canny.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7418 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 05:50:10 PM »
Apart from the horrible hangovers/drink anxiety - really enjoyed the holiday. Bratislava was good, loved the "Man at Work" artwork near our apartment. We met some cool locals in bars/cafes that were cool and friendly. We ate really well, there was a tremendous cafe/bar near us, the breakfast was out of this world. Felt busier on Friday then Saturday in Bratislava which was weird. Vienna was beautiful, some lovely buildings. Went on a cultural walking tour - was a lot of fun - we got some great shots.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7419 on: Monday 3 February 2020, 08:07:21 PM »
How's Bilbao @neesy111 ?

Hope you're enjoying it/enjoyed it :thup:

Offline SheikhShearer

• General Member
« Reply #7420 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 03:25:21 PM »
About to fly back to Newcastle from Schiphol. Just spent three days in Amsterdam for my 30th. Did a load of touristy stuff, went off the beaten path a bit, drank an ocean's worth of Chocomel and ate some amazing food.

Also proposed to wor lass and she said yes so that was cool too.

Edit: @Papavasiliou you cheeky c***
« Last Edit: Thursday 6 February 2020, 08:35:00 PM by SheikhShearer »

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7421 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 04:16:36 PM »
About to fly back to Newcastle from Schiphol. Just spent three days in Amsterdam for my 30th. Did a load of touristy stuff, went off the beaten path a bit, drank an ocean's worth of Chocomel and ate some amazing food.

Also proposed to wor lass and she said yes so that was cool too.

Congrats  :)

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #7422 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 04:22:16 PM »

Mega place.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #7423 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
Anyone been to Kyiv?

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
  • Kent
« Reply #7424 on: Tuesday 11 February 2020, 10:09:34 PM »
Was in Naples over the weekend, such a fascinating place. Loved it. The streets were exactly as crazy as I was promised. :lol:

Also managed to eat 5 pizzas over 3 nights which ranks amongst my finest ever achievements. The marinara at Starita :sweetjesus: Even the pizza from Vesi was tremendous.