Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 355467 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7150 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
I was in Trinidad for work last month. Didn’t strike me as a place I wanted to holiday. Tobago is supposedly nice, though.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #7151 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
Cuba for a month in January and then Vietnam for a month in march. Any recommendations for Cuba? Might visit some other Caribbean places as well depending on flight prices.

Varadero has some of the best beaches in the world.

Grand Cayman is heavily touristy and it ain’t cheap but if you’re into diving, the reefs there are incredible. Takes like a day and a half to get dive certified too, if that’s something you’re interested in. Not much in the way of things to do otherwise, but great place to just hang out on the beach and sip overpriced piña coladas. :lol:

Another vote for Cayman Islands here too :thup:.

Unreal beaches, ocean and scenery.

It's a must see imho.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #7152 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 05:30:39 PM »
Enough to do in Verona for a long weekend?

The town itself is cracking just for wandering around - quite an easy trek up to some lovely scenic viewpoints too.

If you do want a bit more to fill the time there's easy train rides to Lake Garda, Padova and Mantova as well - all well worth a visit.

Plus Venice is an hour on the train.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #7153 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:05:49 PM »
Anybody use AirBnB here and aware of their policies? Booked a place for two months with the thoughts of using a pool they had advertised. Little did I know that if you click on the image to read the caption and then click again to read more you'll see it says open only during summer time. I had no idea and was shocked as in the listing it seemed to have a pool and there was no information about it in the amenities section. Anyone ever dealt with similar problems?
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

« Reply #7154 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 10:44:56 PM »
Doesn't sound like you have much in the way of recourse. The information is available to you, you just missed it, albeit not straight forward to find. Only option is to ask, I suppose. Tell the owner you missed the disclaimer, really wanted a pool, and could it be available? Or cancel.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #7155 on: Tuesday 12 November 2019, 11:10:57 PM »
Doesn't sound like you have much in the way of recourse. The information is available to you, you just missed it, albeit not straight forward to find. Only option is to ask, I suppose. Tell the owner you missed the disclaimer, really wanted a pool, and could it be available? Or cancel.

Yeah, been in contact with both owner and AirBnB. Guess I'm stuck in Chile with bunch of protests, locked inside an apartment when not at work and with no pool in this heat. Fun. Just find myself tricked, cause you have the listing and amenities info, why do I need to go around reading every caption of every photo to make sure there's no hidden disclaimers. Sucks a bit. Hope AirBnB sides with me here. But we'll see. Apartment in itself isn't horrible, so it's not like I'm going to die, just hate being misled.

2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #7156 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 04:58:49 PM »
Back to UK/Europe in April and May. Probs doing Liverpool again, then a few days in Scotland, then hopefully one of Amsterdam, Copenhagen, or Hamburg if anyone has any opinions on that last three and which is more worth it.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7157 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
Back to UK/Europe in April and May. Probs doing Liverpool again, then a few days in Scotland, then hopefully one of Amsterdam, Copenhagen, or Hamburg if anyone has any opinions on that last three and which is more worth it.

You with your missus?  Then I'd say Copenhagen.

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #7158 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:09:22 PM »
Yeah, leaning towards Hamburg right now just because I have a friend who lived in Copenhagen for a bit and he wants to plan a trip with us. But it'll only be a few days so it's not that big of a deal if we go without him

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7159 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:12:32 PM »
Yeah, leaning towards Hamburg right now just because I have a friend who lived in Copenhagen for a bit and he wants to plan a trip with us. But it'll only be a few days so it's not that big of a deal if we go without him

Hamburg will be significantly cheaper though.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7160 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
Hamburg is cool and also a good place to land if you're planning on going further afield. It's a key gateway to everywhere else and the station is the second busiest station in all of Europe.

Interesting mix of architectures/regeneration projects, lots of green, great churches which ye can climb if ye like climbing, good bars and a really attractive centre based around a lake. St Pauli. Plus the Miniatur Wunderland which is one of the best tourist-trap attraction tings I've been to. The public transport is so f***ing slick as well. I took more trains than I needed to on occasions cos the novelty of reliable trains was just such a delight.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7161 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:30:17 PM »
If anyone wants that last bit for their Tinder profiles, knock yourself out.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7162 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:30:27 PM »
Off to Bratislava for 3 nights with the Lads end of January. Day trip to Vienna booked aswell.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7163 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
Off to Bratislava for 3 nights with the Lads end of January. Day trip to Vienna booked aswell.

Vienna is nice but pricey.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7164 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:32:18 PM »

Amsterdam by a mile if you’ve not been before.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7165 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

Vienna is nice but pricey.

Yeah that's what I heard.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #7166 on: Wednesday 13 November 2019, 05:49:58 PM »
I'd do it the other way personally.  Much more to see in Vienna, Bratislava is just a day trip sort of place.

Unless you're going for the cheap booze of course.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #7167 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 06:25:34 PM »
I'd do it the other way personally.  Much more to see in Vienna, Bratislava is just a day trip sort of place.

Unless you're going for the cheap booze of course.

Yeah just cheap booze and the castle is the plan. We've booked an unreal apartment, really massive apartment, looks great, space for 10 people to sleep and £110 each for 3 nights.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #7168 on: Thursday 14 November 2019, 08:40:03 PM »
Anyone been to Abu Dhabi? Might go in December.

Offline Karjala

• General Member
« Reply #7169 on: Sunday 17 November 2019, 09:35:46 AM »
Bratislava can be seen in 3 hours, then its bevvy, bevvy, bevvy. Vienna, fantastic city - could easily spend 2 or 3 days there.
Nothing will change under Fat Cashley.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #7170 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 09:42:48 AM »
Off to Bordeaux for the week today, any recommendations?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7171 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 01:20:48 PM »
Off to Bordeaux for the week today, any recommendations?

Not a recommendation as such, as I’ve not been, but Arcachon and Cap Ferret look lovely if the weather is canny. Nearly went there in the summer instead of south of France. Watch the Rick Stein weekend on Bordeaux if you havent already, it’s a nice place but I was just there on the p*ss for the Euros.

Online ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #7172 on: Monday 18 November 2019, 11:17:29 PM »

Aye. I thought it was s****.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #7173 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 08:16:50 AM »

Aye. I thought it was s****.

Oh. Why?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7174 on: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
For New York, is one of those multi pass things worth it?  @Beren