Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 351141 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7125 on: Friday 25 October 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
Schedule it right and you could take in Chievo *and* Hellas matches.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7126 on: Friday 25 October 2019, 09:40:35 PM »
Schedule it right and you could take in Chievo *and* Hellas matches.

I suspect I’d come home more single than I went if I even floated that idea.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7127 on: Friday 25 October 2019, 10:27:23 PM »
:lol:

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7128 on: Friday 25 October 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
Verona's nice without there being loads to do. You've nee pressure. Have a look at Juliet's Balcony and the Arena (it's geet old) and just mince about eating Italian food. We had a cheap an excellent pizza lunch at Gusto Piadinerie.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7129 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 12:58:09 AM »
Verona's nice without there being loads to do. You've nee pressure. Have a look at Juliet's Balcony and the Arena (it's geet old) and just mince about eating Italian food. We had a cheap an excellent pizza lunch at Gusto Piadinerie.

:thup: sounds canny. Mincing about eating good scran is my idea of a good holiday.

Want to book to go somewhere for the lasses birthday and it’s has the cheapest/best timed flights I’ve seen thus far.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #7130 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 06:47:55 AM »
Enough to do in Verona for a long weekend?

The town itself is cracking just for wandering around - quite an easy trek up to some lovely scenic viewpoints too.

If you do want a bit more to fill the time there's easy train rides to Lake Garda, Padova and Mantova as well - all well worth a visit.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #7131 on: Saturday 26 October 2019, 08:54:24 AM »
Must be some Romeo and Juliet angle you can push. Learn the balcony speech, blow her away.

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #7132 on: Sunday 27 October 2019, 09:57:41 PM »
Enough to do in Verona for a long weekend?

I am planning on doing Bologna Fri-Monday then have a night in Verona in December.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7133 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 12:01:46 AM »
Recommendations for Vienna and Budapest please.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #7134 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 08:22:28 AM »
Theres not loads to do in Verona but its canny enough. The Roman arena is decent. The walk up the hill is good for a view. Bologna is close by an easy to get to for a day.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7135 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 09:04:54 AM »
Sweet, cheers all. Not been to Bologna or the other places mentioned either so will have a read up.

Recommendations for Vienna and Budapest please.

If you’ve not been before you might as well have a day in Bratislava between the two assuming you’re on the train between them as you’ll pass through.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7136 on: Wednesday 6 November 2019, 01:11:16 PM »
Vienna and Budapest were great despite me having a cold.

Vienna is so grandeur, really pretty city etc but a bit too organised for my liking.  Budapest is absolutely fantastic, great architecture and history, beautiful views from Buda, great bars and food etc.  2 days in Budapest was nowhere near enough, will plan to go back and also do Bratislava sometime next year.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7137 on: Wednesday 6 November 2019, 01:13:26 PM »
Orbaneesy111

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7138 on: Wednesday 6 November 2019, 01:19:45 PM »

Online morla84

• General Member
« Reply #7139 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 07:46:06 AM »
Off to New York in feb on my todd, first time in the states and first time as a solo traveller. Got all the usual touristy stuff planned, but any tips on some alternative things to do/visit? And any must visit eateries please? Thanks x

Offline adam

• General Member
  • Thoroughly blue veining
« Reply #7140 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
Oslo for a few days after new year. Staying with friends there, but anything I should check out that they might not know about?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7141 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 09:48:05 AM »
Off to New York in feb on my todd, first time in the states and first time as a solo traveller. Got all the usual touristy stuff planned, but any tips on some alternative things to do/visit? And any must visit eateries please? Thanks x

This.  I'm going in 3 weeks time.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #7142 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 09:59:48 AM »
Take the subway. The temptation to walk everywhere will knacker you. :lol: Get off Manhattan and see Brooklyn and/or Williamsburg.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #7143 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
Yeah, first time I went I walked everywhere and nearly died :lol:

Brooklyn is class, places like Chelsea and little Italy are good too. TBH the tourist bits are something you should see but probably not the most interesting.

There’s loads of advice in this thread... my faves were high line park followed by Chelsea, staten island ferry, pizza in little Italy, student bars in east village (I think), Williamsburg, prospect park food market, bowling, general burgers, south street seaport area, the NY ferry in general, 40/40 Club, Blue Note jazz and that area in general.
« Last Edit: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:28:44 AM by Ian W »

Online morla84

• General Member
« Reply #7144 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:52:26 AM »
Cheers, had a feeling it might have been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but didn't fancy scrolling through a few hundred pages to find them

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7145 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:59:06 AM »
Yeah I'm staying in Brooklyn.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #7146 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 12:26:47 PM »
Cuba for a month in January and then Vietnam for a month in march. Any recommendations for Cuba? Might visit some other Caribbean places as well depending on flight prices.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7147 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
Cuba for a month in January and then Vietnam for a month in march. Any recommendations for Cuba? Might visit some other Caribbean places as well depending on flight prices.

Varadero has some of the best beaches in the world.

Grand Cayman is heavily touristy and it ain’t cheap but if you’re into diving, the reefs there are incredible. Takes like a day and a half to get dive certified too, if that’s something you’re interested in. Not much in the way of things to do otherwise, but great place to just hang out on the beach and sip overpriced piña coladas. :lol:

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #7148 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:08:27 PM »
:lol:

Sounds good. Haven't really done any research yet, know about Havana and Varadero obviously.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #7149 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 02:54:14 PM »
St Lucia is great, Marigot Bay is magic and the Friday night street party in Rodney Bay is immense.