Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 345297 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #7025 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 11:42:51 pm »
Bet the local trainer scene is poor as f*** too.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7026 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 11:43:06 pm »
Bet the local trainer scene is poor as f*** too.

:lol:

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #7027 on: Sunday 8 September 2019, 11:48:05 pm »
6 weeks in America done, back home now and it's all cold and s***.

Move then.

World tour coming up, as well as shooting a film in four different countries, so I'll just enjoy the days I have home until then even though it's cold due to its location high in the northern hemisphere. I just intended to state my current US trip was over and complain about the weather being cold, although it was actually colder in San Francisco.
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7028 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:19:34 am »

Move then.

World tour coming up, as well as shooting a film in four different countries, so I'll just enjoy the days I have home until then even though it's cold due to its location high in the northern hemisphere. I just intended to state my current US trip was over and complain about the weather being cold, although it was actually colder in San Francisco.

I love the San Francisco climate.  I live close enough that I can just drive there on weekends if the sun's too hot, which is always.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #7029 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:25:01 am »

Move then.

I love the San Francisco climate.  I live close enough that I can just drive there on weekends if the sun's too hot, which is always.

San Francisco is a great city. Barely did anything the three days we were there though :lol:
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #7030 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:31:40 am »
San Fran's climate game is schizophrenic.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7031 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:34:11 am »

I drove there yesterday.  It was 35º or something in Sacramento, an hour and a half later and I was wishing I'd brought a jacket.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #7032 on: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:39:07 am »

I drove there yesterday.  It was 35º or something in Sacramento, an hour and a half later and I was wishing I'd brought a jacket.
It's cooler overall but neighborhood by neighborhood can differ by +/- 7ºC at the same time of day because of its weird topography + peninsula status :lol:

edit: there are specific weather apps by neighborhood :lol:  https://www.quora.com/How-severe-are-temperature-variations-between-San-Franciscos-microclimates
« Last Edit: Monday 9 September 2019, 12:49:16 am by thomas »

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #7033 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:08:24 pm »
Minsk, Zhlobin & Gomel next week, be nice to see them without snow and in + temperatures. Taking a nice film camera so you can all expect some Sovietski grain, I know it's what you want.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7034 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:09:14 pm »
Much of a chew on to get visas etc?

• General Member
« Reply #7035 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:13:46 pm »

Nah it's open without visas these days, as of a year or so I think. Have to enter & leave via Minsk - and deal with 5 minutes of a solider staring at you questioningly at the airport whilst glancing at your passport wondering why you're here. Can stay for max 30 days at a time (90 in total in a single year).

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #7036 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:19:50 pm »
Off to Marrakesh in a couple of weeks, can't b****** wait.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7037 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10:26:26 pm »

Nah it's open without visas these days, as of a year or so I think. Have to enter & leave via Minsk - and deal with 5 minutes of a solider staring at you questioningly at the airport whilst glancing at your passport wondering why you're here. Can stay for max 30 days at a time (90 in total in a single year).

:thup:

Off to Marrakesh in a couple of weeks, can't b****** wait.

Get a pigeon pastilla down your neck if you can.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #7038 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:22:52 pm »
Any experiences of buying cocaine in a 5* all inclusive resort on the outskirts of Cancun? Heard about befriending a bartender or bellboy but also stories of them telling police to tax you. Is it best to befriend an obnoxiously loud American to sort it for you?

Asking for a friend.

• General Member
« Reply #7039 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:26:13 pm »
 :lol:

Best post ever.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #7040 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:30:07 pm »
Certainly the most on brand.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #7041 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:34:26 pm »
You definitely need to suck someone off.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #7042 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:39:18 pm »
My apologies if my friend's ideas have broken rules btw.

PM's are welcome though. About Mexico and exploring the beautiful country that it is. For my friend.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7043 on: Tuesday 10 September 2019, 11:47:53 pm »
In other news two blokes got ejecutado whilst I was in Tulum; one, about 50 yards from the fancy craft beer place we were suppin in. The other (the bloke who did the first one, done in by the policia) was round the corner from our hotel. Was canny exciting.

Doing owt in Mexico I would advise caution.

That aside Tulum is lovely btw. Would recommend.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #7044 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 11:04:54 am »
Jesus. :lol: Did you hear the gunshots?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7045 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 11:25:56 am »
Jesus. :lol: Did you hear the gunshots?

For the first one, aye, was pretty much round the corner. We were just have a quiet drink and then heard a few pop pop pops and then a car speeding off, it was cinco de mayo and I'd not heard gunfire before, so I initially assumed it was fireworks. Turned round to have a look and when I turned back round we were being ushered to away from the open front of the bar room. Was mad.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7046 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 12:52:02 pm »
Trying to plan a mates (male and female) trip for my 30th coming up in a few months. Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Tulum is high on the list, can get pretty cheap non-stop flights from where we are. Doubt we’d go for one of the resorts, probably rent an Airbnb. Little extra thrill of being held up at gunpoint.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #7047 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 01:45:39 pm »
Trying to plan a mates (male and female) trip for my 30th coming up in a few months. Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Tulum is high on the list, can get pretty cheap non-stop flights from where we are. Doubt we’d go for one of the resorts, probably rent an Airbnb. Little extra thrill of being held up at gunpoint.

Holbox is worth a look too if you wanted something a little more sedate/less gunny. Bit more of a chew on to get there but worth it.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7048 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 05:51:27 pm »

Holbox is worth a look too if you wanted something a little more sedate/less gunny. Bit more of a chew on to get there but worth it.

:thup: looks beautiful, I’ll have to check it out some more. Thanks for the recommendation.

« Reply #7049 on: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 11:00:50 pm »
Berlin tomorrow. Give me beer tips.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make