Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 335705 times)

Online neesy111

• General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #6750 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 08:50:19 pm »
Does anyone have any recommendations for Poland? We're planning on doing a week or so ahead of a wedding in south-eastern Poland in the summer (Zamość), so ideally we'd start somewhere north and train it down.

I love Poland. Been Gdsank (North near beach), Krakow and Warsaw and had a class time everywhere.

:thup: We're thinking of starting from Gdansk and maybe going up to Hel before heading south.

Would recommend a few days in Wroklaw but it's in the south west.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #6751 on: Tuesday 7 May 2019, 08:59:49 pm »
Polish relative always raves about Zakopane in the southern mountains. Might be worth checking out.

Aye, Zakopane is fantastic - some unbelievable scenery and great hiking to be had.

Easy bus journey from Krakow too.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #6752 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 07:20:41 am »

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #6753 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 07:55:55 am »
Mexico City recs?
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #6754 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 11:47:04 am »
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #6755 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 02:43:04 pm »
Zadar on Sun would be s*** weather ffs!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6756 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 03:55:09 pm »
Might go to Barcelona this weekend, weather looks good and Gatwick flight is quick.

Are there quiet/nice areas outside the city to just go to the beach?

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #6757 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 06:01:43 pm »
Got out of the Venetian doghouse by promising we could go to Tokyo sometime this summer instead. Anyone have any tips for Tokyo/surrounding areas? Is it a good idea to rent a car?
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #6758 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 06:08:23 pm »
Hope you like humidity.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6759 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 07:42:07 pm »
Marrakech worth a trip for 3 days?

Offline County Durham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #6760 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:11:08 am »
So I am going to book a holiday on Friday to go away on my own for a week in early July. I have done most the main tourist summer holiday resorts and most major cities in Europe so I want to try something a bit different and edgey but not sure what.

At the moment it's south of France ( Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo) with a train into Genoa in Italy if I can fit that in a week.

But I am fancying going somewhere more random though than France and Italy. Any good places over Eastern Europe that are on a river or the coast that will be hot in summer with some good beach bars or bars by the river/sea?

Split looks another option, Belgrade possibly? I fancy Stockholm but not sure if it will be hot there.  I'm just trying to get a few others before I decide and book in 2 days time but my shortlist is pretty short at the moment!

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #6761 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:13:30 am »
Not sure I could think of 3 less edgy places than Nice, Cannes and Monaco like. :lol:

Gdansk has both rivers and coast (Sopot), can fly from NCL too.

• General Member
« Reply #6762 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:18:33 am »
Not sure I could think of 3 less edgy places than Nice, Cannes and Monaco like. :lol:

Ha ha! I know, they have always been the plan all year so far though but I went to Paris a few weeks ago and I like to tick a new country off when I go away now. Yeah thanks I have heard good things about Gdansk too. I am leaning towards Split at the moment for something a bit different but I have this week off work to research

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #6763 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:35:46 am »

Ha ha! I know, they have always been the plan all year so far though but I went to Paris a few weeks ago and I like to tick a new country off when I go away now. Yeah thanks I have heard good things about Gdansk too. I am leaning towards Split at the moment for something a bit different but I have this week off work to research

Split and the islands near are good like. Two good day trips out to Krka waterfalls/plitvice lakes available too.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6764 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:38:49 am »
So I am going to book a holiday on Friday to go away on my own for a week in early July. I have done most the main tourist summer holiday resorts and most major cities in Europe so I want to try something a bit different and edgey but not sure what.

At the moment it's south of France ( Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo) with a train into Genoa in Italy if I can fit that in a week.

But I am fancying going somewhere more random though than France and Italy. Any good places over Eastern Europe that are on a river or the coast that will be hot in summer with some good beach bars or bars by the river/sea?

Split looks another option, Belgrade possibly? I fancy Stockholm but not sure if it will be hot there.  I'm just trying to get a few others before I decide and book in 2 days time but my shortlist is pretty short at the moment!

Not much to do around Cannes mind, worth a day and that's it.  Similar with Monaco, Nice is nice though.

• General Member
« Reply #6765 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:39:54 am »
Yeah just starting to research it now, looks good. Slight reservations about what do do on my own for 7 nights there like

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6766 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:40:45 am »
Yeah just starting to research it now, looks good. Slight reservations about what do do on my own for 7 nights there like

Gambling and prostitutes seems the obvious answer.

• General Member
« Reply #6767 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:44:21 am »

Not much to do around Cannes mind, worth a day and that's it.  Similar with Monaco, Nice is nice though.

Yeah I was planning on staying in Nice then just getting the train to Cannes for a day and Monte Carlo for a day. Just to give me something to do really. The only 2 solo trips I have done before have been Seville/Malaga and Paris. Both were only for 4 nights, the day time was fine but the night time on my own was what I struggled with, luckily it was footy season still so I went out to watch some matches and had a drink.

Once I have had a couple of beers I usually end up on a mass bar crawl on my own. It happened in Paris the day we played Liverpool, it was pouring down all day so instead of sightseeing like planned i ended up in the bars all day from midday and didn't get in until 3am steaming, my phone died and I almost got lost on the streets of Paris for the night.  :lol:

• General Member
« Reply #6768 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:45:00 am »

Gambling and prostitutes seems the obvious answer.

:cool:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6769 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 12:21:38 pm »

Yeah I was planning on staying in Nice then just getting the train to Cannes for a day and Monte Carlo for a day. Just to give me something to do really. The only 2 solo trips I have done before have been Seville/Malaga and Paris. Both were only for 4 nights, the day time was fine but the night time on my own was what I struggled with, luckily it was footy season still so I went out to watch some matches and had a drink.

Once I have had a couple of beers I usually end up on a mass bar crawl on my own. It happened in Paris the day we played Liverpool, it was pouring down all day so instead of sightseeing like planned i ended up in the bars all day from midday and didn't get in until 3am steaming, my phone died and I almost got lost on the streets of Paris for the night.  :lol:

I think that would fine.  Bus to monaco is better as it goes along the coast road.

Go to villafranche as well, beautiful small town between Nice and Monaco.  Really recommend it.

• General Member
« Reply #6770 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 12:26:07 pm »
Yeah that's seems the sensible safe holiday to do as I know I would enjoy it and have a good time but something is drawing me to somewhere a bit different off the usual paths.

Belgrade looks interesting, anyone been? Maybe I could do Split and Belgrade in the same week. Stockholm is on the list too but the weather won't be guaranteed. Athens maybe too. Got a couple of days to research

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6771 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 01:26:53 pm »
Yeah that's seems the sensible safe holiday to do as I know I would enjoy it and have a good time but something is drawing me to somewhere a bit different off the usual paths.

Belgrade looks interesting, anyone been? Maybe I could do Split and Belgrade in the same week. Stockholm is on the list too but the weather won't be guaranteed. Athens maybe too. Got a couple of days to research

@ponsaelius I'm sure has been.

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #6772 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 10:53:50 pm »

I honestly wouldn't be worrying about that too much. Last July was a bit special here in the north but pretty sure it didn't rain at all while the temperature was like 25-30C all month (or actually all summer).

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #6773 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 12:25:30 pm »
Got 5 hours in Corfu before I get the ferry to Albania.. any ideas :)

• General Member
« Reply #6774 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 02:27:51 pm »
Went ahead and booked 4 nights in Belgrade and 3 nights in Split solo for early July  :cool: