Author Topic: Hollibobs  (Read 363046 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Hollibobs
« Reply #6750 on: Wednesday 8 May 2019, 06:08:23 PM »
Hope you like humidity.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6751 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 07:42:07 PM »
Marrakech worth a trip for 3 days?

Offline County Durham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #6752 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:11:08 AM »
So I am going to book a holiday on Friday to go away on my own for a week in early July. I have done most the main tourist summer holiday resorts and most major cities in Europe so I want to try something a bit different and edgey but not sure what.

At the moment it's south of France ( Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo) with a train into Genoa in Italy if I can fit that in a week.

But I am fancying going somewhere more random though than France and Italy. Any good places over Eastern Europe that are on a river or the coast that will be hot in summer with some good beach bars or bars by the river/sea?

Split looks another option, Belgrade possibly? I fancy Stockholm but not sure if it will be hot there.  I'm just trying to get a few others before I decide and book in 2 days time but my shortlist is pretty short at the moment!

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #6753 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:13:30 AM »
Not sure I could think of 3 less edgy places than Nice, Cannes and Monaco like. :lol:

Gdansk has both rivers and coast (Sopot), can fly from NCL too.

• General Member
« Reply #6754 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
Not sure I could think of 3 less edgy places than Nice, Cannes and Monaco like. :lol:

Ha ha! I know, they have always been the plan all year so far though but I went to Paris a few weeks ago and I like to tick a new country off when I go away now. Yeah thanks I have heard good things about Gdansk too. I am leaning towards Split at the moment for something a bit different but I have this week off work to research

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #6755 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:35:46 AM »

Ha ha! I know, they have always been the plan all year so far though but I went to Paris a few weeks ago and I like to tick a new country off when I go away now. Yeah thanks I have heard good things about Gdansk too. I am leaning towards Split at the moment for something a bit different but I have this week off work to research

Split and the islands near are good like. Two good day trips out to Krka waterfalls/plitvice lakes available too.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6756 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
So I am going to book a holiday on Friday to go away on my own for a week in early July. I have done most the main tourist summer holiday resorts and most major cities in Europe so I want to try something a bit different and edgey but not sure what.

At the moment it's south of France ( Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo) with a train into Genoa in Italy if I can fit that in a week.

But I am fancying going somewhere more random though than France and Italy. Any good places over Eastern Europe that are on a river or the coast that will be hot in summer with some good beach bars or bars by the river/sea?

Split looks another option, Belgrade possibly? I fancy Stockholm but not sure if it will be hot there.  I'm just trying to get a few others before I decide and book in 2 days time but my shortlist is pretty short at the moment!

Not much to do around Cannes mind, worth a day and that's it.  Similar with Monaco, Nice is nice though.

• General Member
« Reply #6757 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
Yeah just starting to research it now, looks good. Slight reservations about what do do on my own for 7 nights there like

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #6758 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:40:45 AM »
Yeah just starting to research it now, looks good. Slight reservations about what do do on my own for 7 nights there like

Gambling and prostitutes seems the obvious answer.

• General Member
« Reply #6759 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:44:21 AM »

Not much to do around Cannes mind, worth a day and that's it.  Similar with Monaco, Nice is nice though.

Yeah I was planning on staying in Nice then just getting the train to Cannes for a day and Monte Carlo for a day. Just to give me something to do really. The only 2 solo trips I have done before have been Seville/Malaga and Paris. Both were only for 4 nights, the day time was fine but the night time on my own was what I struggled with, luckily it was footy season still so I went out to watch some matches and had a drink.

Once I have had a couple of beers I usually end up on a mass bar crawl on my own. It happened in Paris the day we played Liverpool, it was pouring down all day so instead of sightseeing like planned i ended up in the bars all day from midday and didn't get in until 3am steaming, my phone died and I almost got lost on the streets of Paris for the night.  :lol:

• General Member
« Reply #6760 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 11:45:00 AM »

Gambling and prostitutes seems the obvious answer.

:cool:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6761 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 12:21:38 PM »

Yeah I was planning on staying in Nice then just getting the train to Cannes for a day and Monte Carlo for a day. Just to give me something to do really. The only 2 solo trips I have done before have been Seville/Malaga and Paris. Both were only for 4 nights, the day time was fine but the night time on my own was what I struggled with, luckily it was footy season still so I went out to watch some matches and had a drink.

Once I have had a couple of beers I usually end up on a mass bar crawl on my own. It happened in Paris the day we played Liverpool, it was pouring down all day so instead of sightseeing like planned i ended up in the bars all day from midday and didn't get in until 3am steaming, my phone died and I almost got lost on the streets of Paris for the night.  :lol:

I think that would fine.  Bus to monaco is better as it goes along the coast road.

Go to villafranche as well, beautiful small town between Nice and Monaco.  Really recommend it.

• General Member
« Reply #6762 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 12:26:07 PM »
Yeah that's seems the sensible safe holiday to do as I know I would enjoy it and have a good time but something is drawing me to somewhere a bit different off the usual paths.

Belgrade looks interesting, anyone been? Maybe I could do Split and Belgrade in the same week. Stockholm is on the list too but the weather won't be guaranteed. Athens maybe too. Got a couple of days to research

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6763 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
Yeah that's seems the sensible safe holiday to do as I know I would enjoy it and have a good time but something is drawing me to somewhere a bit different off the usual paths.

Belgrade looks interesting, anyone been? Maybe I could do Split and Belgrade in the same week. Stockholm is on the list too but the weather won't be guaranteed. Athens maybe too. Got a couple of days to research

@ponsaelius I'm sure has been.

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #6764 on: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 10:53:50 PM »

I honestly wouldn't be worrying about that too much. Last July was a bit special here in the north but pretty sure it didn't rain at all while the temperature was like 25-30C all month (or actually all summer).

Offline Slim

• General Member
« Reply #6765 on: Thursday 30 May 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
Got 5 hours in Corfu before I get the ferry to Albania.. any ideas :)

• General Member
« Reply #6766 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 02:27:51 PM »
Went ahead and booked 4 nights in Belgrade and 3 nights in Split solo for early July  :cool:

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #6767 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 03:41:50 PM »
Just had to change our holiday from Mexico to Turkey for this year due to the risk of Zika virus.  Mrs is pregnant and I’m gutted!

About the holiday not the pregnancy though as I was looking forward to going back to Mexico and nowhere else from tui/first choice really appealed to me in our budget for this year. Had to change it to somewhere though. The zika risk is quite low but I would never forgive myself if we went to Mexico and something went wrong.

In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #6768 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
:thup: Mexico’s incredible, but I hear ya, not worth the risk. Whereabouts were you traveling?

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #6769 on: Friday 31 May 2019, 03:59:16 PM »
:thup: Mexico’s incredible, but I hear ya, not worth the risk. Whereabouts were you traveling?

Riviera maya.

Sensimar suites.  Been twice before, love the place. The quality of the food is fantastic and it’s very relaxed.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #6770 on: Saturday 1 June 2019, 10:28:21 PM »
For the older posters on here, at what age did your kids not want to go away with you ? my son is 15 and he's not coming this year we have booked for 10 days in Turkey and I'm looking forward to it but I feel guilty as f***, my son couldn't care less cos he gets 10 days at his grandmas been treated like a king.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline BergenMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #6771 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 08:34:41 AM »
Went ahead and booked 4 nights in Belgrade and 3 nights in Split solo for early July  :cool:

Check out "To Je To" when youre in Split. Great bar with a lot of expats. The owners are really cool and they always arrange some karaoke/quiz/open mic etc

• General Member
« Reply #6772 on: Sunday 2 June 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
Will do thanks

« Reply #6773 on: Wednesday 5 June 2019, 12:24:22 AM »
So, Lisbon is f***ing mint. Decided not to do Porto because of the miles and time and head to Seville (after a stop at Evora). Flew in to Faro and headed west to Lagos, Sagres and Odeceixa (highly recommend). Looking forward to Seville and most especially Cadiz. Am I missing out not seeing Porto or is Lisbon pretty much enough? Could do a long weekend in Porto some time to make up.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #6774 on: Wednesday 5 June 2019, 12:33:37 AM »
I might do a trip like that this summer, really keen on Lisbon but wanted to know about beaches nearby.