Author Topic: What You Drinking?  (Read 333505 times)

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
Re: What You Drinking?
« Reply #7500 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 09:32:40 AM »
Hi, does anyone have an experience with the Phillips Perfectdraft beer dispenser? Any good, good value for money, better machines out there? The Blade machine seems a bit pricey where as the the Perfectdraft seems middle ground. Can't find any anywhere at the moment, a site based in France sell them with some good offers on but they don't ship to the UK, now I am not sure if that was always the case or if Brexit has effected it?

I've got one, it's class.  Excellent choice of beers and the pint is like a really good pint from a pub that looks after their lines properly.  The reason the stock is so low is because pubs are closed so every f***er is trying to buy them.  You could get a 2nd hand one on ebay for a reasonable price, each keg comes with its own line so don't worry about someone else having used it.

Cheers, I have considered going 2nd hand. I've had a few funny stories from mates that their wives/gf's have given an ultimatum the beer dispenser or them :) I don't think Mrs Tisd is too keen on me getting one.

Cheers. Most people saying the same as yourself to be fair.
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Online relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #7501 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 03:02:08 PM »
Hi, does anyone have an experience with the Phillips Perfectdraft beer dispenser? Any good, good value for money, better machines out there? The Blade machine seems a bit pricey where as the the Perfectdraft seems middle ground. Can't find any anywhere at the moment, a site based in France sell them with some good offers on but they don't ship to the UK, now I am not sure if that was always the case or if Brexit has effected it?

I've got one, it's class.  Excellent choice of beers and the pint is like a really good pint from a pub that looks after their lines properly.  The reason the stock is so low is because pubs are closed so every f***er is trying to buy them.  You could get a 2nd hand one on ebay for a reasonable price, each keg comes with its own line so don't worry about someone else having used it.

Cheers, I have considered going 2nd hand. I've had a few funny stories from mates that their wives/gf's have given an ultimatum the beer dispenser or them :) I don't think Mrs Tisd is too keen on me getting one.

Cheers. Most people saying the same as yourself to be fair.
You should definitely get one.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #7502 on: Tuesday 5 January 2021, 03:10:32 PM »
I emailed the French site and they said for legal reasons and an agreement with Beerhawk that they don't ship to the UK. :( Good prices on that site as well.

When trying to find one an article suggested buy kegs from a German site, although article was pre brexit so possible the new courier costs won't make it cost effected but seemed like some good bundles on there.

I'll stay patient and wait for the restock, I'll have to celebrate my 40th with a few cans instead  ???
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #7503 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 04:58:36 PM »
Some stuff by Rigg and Furrow, little farmhouse brewery in the depths of Northumberland not far from me. Very, very decent. The Land Bier lager is excellent and they do a 3.5% 'table beer', the name of which I forget, that I could drink all night. They don't appear to have the common small/craft brewery pretention about them which gets them more points in my reckoning; just decent beer and no quintuple-hopped chocolate and quail egg marketing

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7504 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 05:02:01 PM »
Some stuff by Rigg and Furrow, little farmhouse brewery in the depths of Northumberland not far from me. Very, very decent. The Land Bier lager is excellent and they do a 3.5% 'table beer', the name of which I forget, that I could drink all night. They don't appear to have the usual small brewery pretention about them which gets them more points in my reckoning; just decent beer and no quintuple-hopped chocolate and quail egg marketing

Their Winter Wheat is lovely.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #7505 on: Friday 8 January 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
That's the one that I didn't buy. Will try it tomorrow :thup:

Offline Wilson

• General Member
  • The Mike, the.
« Reply #7506 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:10:22 AM »
Too much apparently. Sat up till about 5 on a concoction of Lagunitas, Leffe, Menabrea, Brewdog Lone Wolf gin, Aldis snide Belvedere, mulled wine and a glass or 2 of Baileys.

Unable to take the missus to work.... Yes... A hangover with a side of guilt.  Kill iz.

Offline ED209

• insano
  • General Member
« Reply #7507 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:18:22 AM »
I’m still clinging on to dry January........ just.
In the end what you remember are not the words of your enemies but the silence of your friends.

Online relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #7508 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
I’m still clinging on to dry January........ just.
I'm just doing 2 weeks. Can't be f***ed to do any longer. Drinking and eating is about the only enjoyment I get at the minute.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #7509 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
Tried 2 non alcoholic beers last night.  Not nice at all.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #7510 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 04:07:16 PM »
Some stuff by Rigg and Furrow, little farmhouse brewery in the depths of Northumberland not far from me. Very, very decent. The Land Bier lager is excellent and they do a 3.5% 'table beer', the name of which I forget, that I could drink all night. They don't appear to have the usual small brewery pretention about them which gets them more points in my reckoning; just decent beer and no quintuple-hopped chocolate and quail egg marketing

Their Winter Wheat is lovely.
It is :thup: assumed it'd just be a Hoegaarden lite but it's definitely got its own feel.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #7511 on: Wednesday 20 January 2021, 01:18:22 AM »
Missed this stuff.

But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #7512 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
Seedlip Spice 94 and Grapefruit, little pre-mixed thing. The 'spirit' tastes of cardamom and cloves and has a bit of a medicinal sting to it because of the clove, which will probably remind some people too much of the dentist. Very nice, not particularly sweet which was my concern. Nice warm aftertaste as well. Goes very well with the grapefruit they've paired it with.

Surprisingly good and definitely a decent substitute for a g&t type drink. Not sure I can get my head around paying alcohol prices for non-alcoholic drinks, but it's excellent.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7513 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 05:27:57 PM »
Seedlip is definitely the best of the N/A distilled spirits. Garden 108 is great.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7514 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 06:23:25 PM »
Been trying different brands of ginger beer as a replacement for the sauce. Spicier the better. Like me a good punch of ginger in the back of the throat.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #7515 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
Been trying different brands of ginger beer as a replacement for the sauce. Spicier the better. Like me a good punch of ginger in the back of the throat.

Have you had the Fever Tree stuff yet? Feels like you're breathing fire out of your nose.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #7516 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 07:41:53 PM »

Have you had the Fever Tree stuff yet? Feels like you're breathing fire out of your nose.

Fever Tree is solid. :thup:

Maine Root is the top dog so far for punch. Barritt’s my favorite flavor-wise.

I’ve enjoyed Barritt’s for subtle flavor and not too sweet. Maine Root Spicy the strongest so far.
« Last Edit: Thursday 21 January 2021, 09:25:16 PM by Tomato Deuce »

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7517 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 07:46:26 PM »
We have Old Jamaica as the goto brand over here, nicer than Fever Tree IMO.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #7518 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 07:58:18 PM »
proper geordies drink Fentimans no?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7519 on: Thursday 21 January 2021, 08:10:00 PM »
Should do but costs more than f*** all.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #7520 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
Newcastle Brown Ale is actually really nice
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline bobbydazzla

• General Member
« Reply #7521 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 09:58:31 PM »

You should get a covid test booked asap as you’ve clearly lost your sense of taste and smell

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #7522 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 11:15:49 PM »
I can't actually smell ever. Ale is pretty much the only alcoholic drink I like
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
« Reply #7523 on: Saturday 23 January 2021, 11:25:51 PM »
Nah, it's a good beer. They've changed the flavor over here and it sucks, miss the original.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #7524 on: Sunday 24 January 2021, 01:38:17 AM »

Agree with this.