Author Topic: What You Drinking?  (Read 281535 times)

alex

Re: what you drinking ?
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:10:52 am »
I've just gotten into the black stuff (last year or so, due to working in Belfast). A nice pint of it is lovely but a bad pint is horrible. There's the odd bar in the Toon that does nice beers on draught although admittedly they are few and far between.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:12:15 am »
Really can't stomach the likes of Foster etc think they are all vile.

I'm a Guinness or Newcy Brown man.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #27 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:13:11 am »
I've just gotten into the black stuff (last year or so, due to working in Belfast). A nice pint of it is lovely but a bad pint is horrible. There's the odd bar in the Toon that does nice beers on draught although admittedly they are few and far between.
agree totally about the black stuff

however "the odd bar" means you've been following your mates trying to look trendy
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

alex

« Reply #28 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:14:39 am »

however "the odd bar" means you've been following your mates trying to look trendy
I think you just whooshed me there like.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:18:18 am »

theres a lot of bars that do a good pint,fairnough not the majority but certainly not the odd bar,but if you go chasing round the bigg market ye gets what ye deserves
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Spider Jerusalem

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:20:47 am »
Difference between lager and beer? always thought lager, stout, ale etc were different kinds of beer, guess I've been wrong then?

All depends where and what you drink really - try a pint of Schehallion, that stuff is a drink that breaks the boundaries between a lager and a real ale.
I Hate It Here.  That's Why I Keep Coming Back.

alex

« Reply #31 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:21:52 am »

theres a lot of bars that do a good pint,fairnough not the majority but certainly not the odd bar,but if you go chasing round the bigg market ye gets what ye deserves
I've been to the Bigg Market about 5 times in me life. There's not that many bars I've been to in town where I've had a nice pint though tbh. Not that I go out that much like.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #32 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:22:25 am »
Difference between lager and beer? always thought lager, stout, ale etc were different kinds of beer, guess I've been wrong then?

All depends where and what you drink really - try a pint of Schehallion, that stuff is a drink that breaks the boundaries between a lager and a real ale.

more

HyDrO

« Reply #33 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:32:43 am »
Lucozade & black coffee.

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #34 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 08:50:32 am »
Big mug of tea. Strong, white, 1 sugar.

Offline junkhead

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 09:34:22 am »
irish coffee, soon without the coffee.. kick-start the last day of the year
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║

Your pencil thin, Evian drinking, calorie counting,
caffiene limiting, sodium spearing, nutrasweet sweetening,
read view mirror preening, carrot nibbling..
bunny !

paddy

« Reply #36 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 11:05:02 am »
Vodka and cranberry  O0

got a case for cranberry mixers from work and dabbled in the old vodka cranberry carry on and can a say its spiffing

Offline Jay Jay Sea

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 11:40:31 am »
About to sample my favourite tipple of double Jack D and little bit of ice at the local (i'm at work). Just a couple mind as it's dinner time and the troops are getting a little bit boistrous with New Year fast approaching.  There's a bottle of Faustino V (Rioja) in my draw as well if I can only find a corkscrew........
JD is basically on the menu for the next 36 hours.....
Invicta_Toon 21st June 2007:
"you're a f****** c*** tbh AS9
and I say that in the knowledge that certain admins want me gone, in the face of their rank f****** hypocrisy in the face of pieces of s*** like yourself, blatant WUM's like NE5, blatant w*****s like Jay Jay Sea, and all other 12 year old cocks"
100% Pure Quality.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:12:30 pm »
milk

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:41:35 pm »
Just had some Advocat (sp?).

alex

« Reply #40 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:46:10 pm »
Just had some Advocat (sp?).
Snowball?

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:47:33 pm »
Yellow thick stuff.

alex

« Reply #42 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:50:49 pm »
Yellow thick stuff.
I know that, you tit. A snowball is advocaat with lemonade.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 01:56:43 pm »
Yellow thick stuff.
I know that, you tit. A snowball is advocaat with lemonade.

:lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:01:40 pm »
 :weep:

:laugh:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:23:06 pm »
Campari O Vino.

An extension of the Campari and Orange juice theme. Top the glass up with white wine.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:31:53 pm »
Got the Tia Maria and Murphys ready for this evening.  O0

David Goldblatt

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:33:42 pm »
It came back up, wasn't nearly as nice the second time around :lol:

That said that Schloer (or whatever it is) white grape actually tastes very nice when you sick it back up  :laugh:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:39:24 pm »
Got the Tia Maria and Murphys ready for this evening.  O0

Lovely stuff.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Monday 31 December 2007, 02:48:43 pm »
Woods 100 & Coke