Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 58428 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #875 on: Thursday 25 May 2017, 11:46:51 PM »
Ugh.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #876 on: Friday 26 May 2017, 11:17:57 PM »
Disgustingly ill. f***ing bhw as well. f***ing sod and his law  :rant:

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #877 on: Monday 29 May 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
So it looks like tonsillitis (self diagnosed due to finally being able to open my mouth wide enough to see in and see the white spots all over) Never had it before, thought it was a sore throats and that's it. Didn't realise there's a plague like fever that accompanies it as well.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #878 on: Monday 29 May 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Aye tonsillitis isn't very nice at all, think I've been given antibiotics for it the few times I've had it.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #879 on: Tuesday 30 May 2017, 04:49:35 PM »
Following on from my post re an allergic reaction.

Over the last few weeks I've developed really bad itching throughout the day, by bed time it's sometimes so bad I'm riving my skin off, rash everywhere. Initially I put it down to accidentally eating cheese but I've obviously not done that every day for a month.

We we're away on holiday last week where I was drinking beer ever day and it was loads worse. I had few beers last night and by bed time my skin was raw with all the scratching.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has developed gluten intolerance as an adult? Cause I'm now 90% sure that's what it is.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #880 on: Tuesday 30 May 2017, 06:48:09 PM »
Aye tonsillitis isn't very nice at all, think I've been given antibiotics for it the few times I've had it.

Confirmed by docs today. Improved slightly, still a few days away from being back to reasonable health she reckons. Probably aim to get back to work by Thursday, told work I may lose the entire week, they were great with it, nowt to worry about, but if I can I'd like to get back in before the weekend. Don't want to take the p*ss.

Mind if I don't stop sweating like a pill head raving in the Sahara at random intervals then I think I'll save myself the embarrassment. This is sitting in me boxers next to an open window, not in a sweltering office.  :blush:

Nice to know I've starting the drugs though, 2 week course, 8 pills a day. Hardcore  :lol:

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #881 on: Tuesday 30 May 2017, 07:35:43 PM »

Over the last few weeks I've developed really bad itching throughout the day, by bed time it's sometimes so bad I'm riving my skin off, rash everywhere. Initially I put it down to accidentally eating cheese but I've obviously not done that every day for a month.

We we're away on holiday last week where I was drinking beer ever day and it was loads worse. I had few beers last night and by bed time my skin was raw with all the scratching.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has developed gluten intolerance as an adult? Cause I'm now 90% sure that's what it is.

My brother in law has developed gluten intolerance just this year - he's 45.

Offline Jaqen

• General Member
« Reply #882 on: Wednesday 31 May 2017, 06:52:33 AM »
Not an "ilness" as such but I somehow developed a bald patch in my beard (about the size of a penny) and now the hairs in that area keep growing back in bright white. Looks absolutely ridiculous and I've no idea what has caused it.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #883 on: Wednesday 31 May 2017, 11:21:31 AM »

My brother in law has developed gluten intolerance just this year - he's 45.

Gluten free trial diet started at midnight, they reckon 2 to 3 weeks I'll know for sure. 👍

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #884 on: Wednesday 21 June 2017, 07:36:29 PM »
Has anyone broken a hip before? Had the surgery on Monday and feels like all the muscles in my right thigh are seized up. I can't move it but for wiggling my ankle, it takes two people just to get me from my bed into the chair and back. I'm not expecting it to be better overnight but the insurance and and hospital are talking about me coming home in the next 2 days and I just don't see me managing it in a transfer then 3 hour flight at this rate. :(
?s=21

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #885 on: Thursday 22 June 2017, 02:35:02 AM »

I get that when I'm sleep deprived, I always get it more when I've been drinking more but put it down to having less sleep/ disrupted sleep
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #886 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
Got some very bad news at the hospital today. First time they were able to see me since the operation in Spain. I've been told there's less than a 50% chance that the hip will ever heal at all. The way it's broken means the blood flow to that area is going to be reduced and the circulation will be worse, to the point the bone is just going to start to crumble. He said with me being young there's not a lot they can do for me whereas if I was elderly there are other options. Got to come back in 6 weeks to see if there are any signs of improvement but it's stunned me this, was not expecting that at all.
?s=21

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #887 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
Got some very bad news at the hospital today. First time they were able to see me since the operation in Spain. I've been told there's less than a 50% chance that the hip will ever heal at all. The way it's broken means the blood flow to that area is going to be reduced and the circulation will be worse, to the point the bone is just going to start to crumble. He said with me being young there's not a lot they can do for me whereas if I was elderly there are other options. Got to come back in 6 weeks to see if there are any signs of improvement but it's stunned me this, was not expecting that at all.

Sorry to hear mate.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #888 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 12:31:29 PM »
sorry to hear that dude
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #889 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
Getting duloxetine added to the cocktail of Prescription drugs that I already take as part of my back issues, fun times man.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #890 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 07:41:26 PM »

Bloody hell, that's awful to hear. I really feel for you. :(

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday 4 July 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
I've got a horrible bad neck at the moment which has been giving me grief on and off for about 4 weeks. It started out just being really stiff but it's painful a lot of the time now. Ibuprofen has helped a little and I've experimented with different pillows/no pillow and just can't find a way to shake it. Probably have to go to the doctors soon but was really hoping it would clear up on its own as it's a chew on getting an appointment/time off work.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #892 on: Monday 10 July 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
henkes gluten update.

So I had three weeks off and felt great, it was a pain in the arse planning meals but the pros way outweighed the cons.
I then dabbled with a little bit of bread, little bit of beer etc trying to isolate the problem. It seems any gluten f***s me up though bread is easily the worst.

Saturday afternoon I made my son Nutella on toast, sliced the toast then licked the Nutella off the knife. 48hrs later I'm up out of bed! A few bread crumbs has wiped the floor with me.

I'm getting tested tomorrow but I don't need a test to tell me what I already know.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #893 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 03:11:00 AM »
Thought I'd do an update.

I had the coeliac blood test, the levels of the stuff they're looking for were raised but not high enough to be a positive result. So now I have to eat two meals a day with gluten in, for six weeks. No joke, sometimes I haven't even finished eaten and I'm literally laying on the floor. f***ed. It's absolutely insane, can't sleep cause my guts are going beserk, but don't have the energy to do anything much. So it's probably a minimum 7 weeks off work, which they're not happy about.

firetotheworks

« Reply #894 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
Hmm, I was coughing at about half 8 and then the next I knew I was waking up at half 10. That can't be good.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #895 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
Thought I'd do an update.

I had the coeliac blood test, the levels of the stuff they're looking for were raised but not high enough to be a positive result. So now I have to eat two meals a day with gluten in, for six weeks. No joke, sometimes I haven't even finished eaten and I'm literally laying on the floor. f***ed. It's absolutely insane, can't sleep cause my guts are going beserk, but don't have the energy to do anything much. So it's probably a minimum 7 weeks off work, which they're not happy about.

f***ing hell that sounds awful.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #896 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 11:36:49 AM »
If it's making you ill, why eat it for six weeks?  If you do get an actual diagnosis, all they'll do is tell you not to eat it anymore.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #897 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 12:04:06 PM »
If it's making you ill, why eat it for six weeks?  If you do get an actual diagnosis, all they'll do is tell you not to eat it anymore.

:thup: My partner was recently diagnosed with coeliac and cut out gluten 2 weeks ago. Since then he's felt absolutely perfect, it's amazing the difference it has made. From about 6 s***s a day to not even one every day (I'm guessing, I haven't actually quizzed him on this :lol: but I do clean the toilet in our house)

firetotheworks

« Reply #898 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
It makes the world of difference once you find out what's wrong with you with things like that. I was always just dismissed by doctors as having a combination of IBS and Gilbert's Syndrome. As soon as I had a food intolerance test and then pretty much completely cut out cow's milk and eggs (they're not entirely cut out because I don't want them to become allergies) I was basically able to live my life again and put on like 5 stone as well. Prior to that I was nigh on bed ridden in Japan, weighed like 10 stone, and was either in excruciating pain or having opiate withdrawals :lol:

I don't envy anyone who's in that position because trying to work it out through trial and error is such a long, painful, and confusing process. I highly recommend that anyone with problems with food do the York Test, like. It wouldn't really be an exaggeration to say that it saved my life.

http://www.yorktest.com/products/food-drink-scan-test/

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #899 on: Friday 18 August 2017, 05:28:11 PM »

That was my feelings a few weeks ago. But the doctor explained about the likely damage already done to my guts etc, the increased risk of all kinds of problems in the future. Once diagnosed I'll get a lot more help, regular testing so colon cancer for example would hopefully be spotted in the very early stages.
Plus I'll also be able to get my kids tested as they're at greater risk. It's s**** but it's the only way forward.