Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 58418 times)

Offline henke

• General Member
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #775 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 05:46:02 PM »
Yeah I have a weird sensation in the back of my neck, had it off and on for a while. Dr Google would no doubt inform me I have meningitis when in fact all I have is a weird sensation in the back of my neck.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #776 on: Friday 13 February 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
Has anyone else had this ridiculous cough that everyone seems to have? I cannot get rid of it, I don't have a cold and it's just phlegm but it will not f*** off and I've tried everything. It's been like a month now, everyone seems to have it as well.

Me and the boy have this now. Urgh.

Still got this, absolutely sick of my life.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

firetotheworks

« Reply #777 on: Monday 16 February 2015, 08:56:48 AM »
I still have it too and it's getting worse.

I had a head cold in early December, it went but the chest cough stayed. Since then I've coughed so hard and from so deep that I've either made myself sick, or damaged my throat- which then gives me another cold.

I went to the doctors on Tuesday and now I need to go for an xray because they said that I'm all clear and it's more likely a virus than an infection.

I've tried simple linctus, benelyn, hot milk with honey and orange juice, along with endless amounts of vicks and soothers, lockets and strepsils. I'm now onto my 4th cold that it's given me and I just want it to f*** off.

I have a prescription for antibiotics but I'd rather see what my xray says first.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #778 on: Monday 16 February 2015, 10:13:04 AM »
How will an X-ray detect a virus? (real question)
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Get outta here, snail!
« Reply #779 on: Monday 16 February 2015, 10:17:36 AM »

It won't, but it can rule out bacterial infection.  The lungs look different when infected, so an X-ray can tell you if this is the case.

« Reply #780 on: Monday 16 February 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
:anguish:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #781 on: Tuesday 17 February 2015, 12:49:52 AM »

It won't, but it can rule out bacterial infection.  The lungs look different when infected, so an X-ray can tell you if this is the case.

If you have some sort of respiratory viral infection you would expect to see some changes in the X-ray of the lungs. It would be interpreted in the context of other indicators - for example, wheezing might suggest some component of reactive airway disease. If we have a sick child in, they might get blood and sputum samples (to check for bacterial infection) and/or nasal/throat swabs to check for common viruses such as RSV or Flu A.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #782 on: Tuesday 17 February 2015, 08:23:07 AM »
So had another gallbladder attack at the weekend and ended up in the emergency. Meeting a surgeon soon to plan date for it's removal. About f***ing time, worst pain I've ever felt in these 5 or 6 gallbladder attacks I've had the past 18 months or so.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

firetotheworks

« Reply #783 on: Friday 27 February 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
I've had my x-ray and everything's clear. I got told to take simple linctus and if that didn't work after a week to start antibiotics. So I've taken the course of antibiotics and although my cough went when I was taking them, it would just come back.

I've been back to the doctors and they've tested everything and everything is apparently okay. I have to give them a sample of whatever I cough up and take it back.

I've now had this cough for 3 months and it's driving me absolutely mental. Even when I'm well, it's there, but then I cough so much that I f*** my throat and end up with a cold. I'm totally bunged up with snot as well. Absolutely sick of my life, just want it to f*** off forever.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #784 on: Friday 27 February 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
Have you had a look at your diet? I know there are some foods that create a lot of mucus that can make you cough constantly - I think dairy can be one of the main culprits.

firetotheworks

« Reply #785 on: Friday 27 February 2015, 05:40:56 PM »
I haven't done anything differently really. I don't drink dairy a lot anyway because I'm intolerant to cow's milk, eggs and yeast, so I tend to have it sparingly.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #786 on: Friday 13 March 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
Absolutely boat loads of f***ers off from work this week.

Offline lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
  • General Member
« Reply #787 on: Tuesday 5 May 2015, 12:16:50 PM »
Stomach bug, can't stop being sick, caught it off the bairn who had it last week. Nowt worse, I get this at least twice a year.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #788 on: Tuesday 5 May 2015, 12:26:07 PM »
Dying. Come to work to inflict it back on the t***s who gave it to me in the first place.

Offline jotenko

• General Member
  • SL BENFICA, PORTUGAL | Best Newcomer 2013
« Reply #789 on: Tuesday 5 May 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
Yeah I have a weird sensation in the back of my neck, had it off and on for a while. Dr Google would no doubt inform me I have meningitis when in fact all I have is a weird sensation in the back of my neck.

* Googles symptoms for some minutes... *

You have back of the neck cancer.
FORÇA BENFICA !  |  FORÇA PORTUGAL !

« Reply #790 on: Tuesday 5 May 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #791 on: Wednesday 6 May 2015, 07:04:41 AM »
Well that was February and I'm still here. I went with the tried and tested ignore it and it'll go away approach. Never fails. OK rarely fails.

Offline lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
  • General Member
« Reply #792 on: Thursday 7 May 2015, 05:01:51 AM »
I've still got the stomach bug, feel absolutely awful. Meant to be going to magaluf on a stag tomorrow, needless to say that's not happening.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #793 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 09:17:48 PM »
I'm starting to get a bit concerned about my legs. I've been fairly confident that I've got some excess fluid in my knees which is causing some discomfort - which has gotten worse since returning to colder conditions, but now all of my legs are tingling, on top of what I'm convinced are general flu symptoms. I'm ill as f*** tbh. Blood test on Friday but I'm anxious cos I don't know wtf's going on.

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #794 on: Tuesday 19 May 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
Had a shitty respiratory illness that hit me like a freight train for the last two weeks. It's only the last few days that I have been able to sleep again. Before that, every time I laid down, I'd go into such a coughing fit that it sometimes caused bleeding or vomiting, even though my stomach was usually settled before that. The chills and the night sweats just made everything worse. My fever broke on Sunday, but I still feel extremely weak.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 20 May 2015, 04:04:07 AM by QuakesMag »
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #795 on: Wednesday 20 May 2015, 03:18:30 AM »
Had a shitty respiratory illness that hit me like a freight train for the last two weeks. It's only the last few days that I have been able to sleep again. Before that, every time I laid down, I'd go into such a coughing feet that it sometimes caused bleeding or vomiting, even though my stomach was usually settled before that. The chills and the night sweats just made everything worse. My fever broke on Sunday, but I still feel extremely weak.

Well I was about to say I was rather congested but I'll keep my mouth shut in light of your hemorrhaging emphysema. :lol:

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #796 on: Wednesday 20 May 2015, 04:03:38 AM »
:lol: that's an optimistic outlook at this point

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
« Reply #797 on: Thursday 21 May 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
Turns out it's pneumonia. I always had a soft spot for old school scourges.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #798 on: Thursday 28 May 2015, 05:59:37 PM »
I'm starting to get a bit concerned about my legs. I've been fairly confident that I've got some excess fluid in my knees which is causing some discomfort - which has gotten worse since returning to colder conditions, but now all of my legs are tingling, on top of what I'm convinced are general flu symptoms. I'm ill as f*** tbh. Blood test on Friday but I'm anxious cos I don't know wtf's going on.

Results presumably have shown something as I've been told to make an appointment. :anguish: :scared:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #799 on: Thursday 28 May 2015, 06:04:48 PM »
How do blood tests work, does anyone know? Initial doc said they'd be testing for arthritis - is it likely to have shown anything other than that? Can things jump to the surface even if they only test for something specific? Basically - is there a chance it's shown something they weren't looking for?