Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 58356 times)

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #750 on: Tuesday 27 January 2015, 09:17:53 PM »
In and out of the doctor's for the last two months with constant headaches. The bright side is that I actually have health insurance now.

Cluster headaches? Or just like me, I have headaches way to often because I fall asleep on one pillow but wake up on 10 with my neck stiff and head aching as hell. Probably should put the pillows in the other rooms and just leave one for me in the room.

not cluster headaches, but it's all over the place. Migrates from the top and back to the sinuses. My sinuses are always blocked up as well. I am starting to suspect that it may be a perfect storm of sinus problems, the trap muscle injury I suffered several months ago, and the stress from my buddy dying.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #751 on: Wednesday 28 January 2015, 09:46:19 PM »
Must have been snorting volcanos again.

To be fair to this man flu since Saturday afternoon I've had a plethora of ailments, and they just keep coming.

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #752 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Had my third gallbladder attack in a week ffs. Done with it, going to demand it be removed. Terrible pain. Anyone ever had problem with gallbladder before? Worst part is I only have one f***ing stone that could cause trouble and it really DOES cause trouble.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #753 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
Had my third gallbladder attack in a week ffs. Done with it, going to demand it be removed. Terrible pain. Anyone ever had problem with gallbladder before? Worst part is I only have one f***ing stone that could cause trouble and it really DOES cause trouble.

No problems here, but I remember from some old physiology lectures that removing it often leads to chronic diarrhoea. So that could be fun.

Offline Belfast Mags

• General Member
« Reply #754 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 11:50:04 AM »
Who's ill?

Not me, absolutely rude health atm
Quote from: Mike
Am I really coming out of this thread the biggest asshole again?
:snod:

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #755 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 11:56:14 AM »

No problems here, but I remember from some old physiology lectures that removing it often leads to chronic diarrhoea. So that could be fun.

:lol: Happens in very few people tbf. I'm just dreading it might be something else. Need to get this checked on. Last weeks attack made me unable to eat normally for 3 days. Today I'm already better despite the attack in the middle of the night. Used heat pat and warm lemon water and it helped a lot.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #756 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:01:52 PM »
What symptoms do you get with your attacks? My googling the other day led me to concerns about my gallbladder based on some of the localised pains and discomfort I was getting. I think I'm just being a hypochondriac though.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #757 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:14:08 PM »
What symptoms do you get with your attacks? My googling the other day led me to concerns about my gallbladder based on some of the localised pains and discomfort I was getting. I think I'm just being a hypochondriac though.

First time I had everything except ikterus (yellowing of the skin and eyes). Basically I had a fever along with a radiating pain in the upper right quadrant in the stomach that got worse with times and lasted several hours, constipation during this time and then clay coloured stool day after. Ended up in the emergency room because the pain was unbearable and I had no idea what it was. This was around 15-16 months ago.
Second time I basically started crying, but it was only the pain and I couldn't sleep for a night. Basically a cramping pain on the upper mid-right side below the ribcage same type of pain as the first time. Got worse with time and all.

Then last week I had a milder one but it accompanied with unable to eat for days and the pain radiated to the right-back side as well. Had a flu as well the following days which only made it all worse. Last week though my whole stomach was in pain as what ever put in my mouth gave me enormous stomach ache. And then last night same but applied a heat pack and drank some lemon water and paracetamol and it was relieved in about 40-50mins. The thing is it probably went on a bit before I woke up as well as I remember feeling a discomfort in the stomach but was too tired to care until a certain point where I had to stand up and get something.

I've had ultra-sounds and all types of blood tests before, even made an gastroscopy (which btw is the most uncomfortable thing I'll ever do, except if I someday have to do a colonoscopy). Anyways, ultra-sound found one larger stone but no other stones whatsoever, and they think that is what might cause the trouble. Problem I have is that it should've been gone by now if all these attacks have been due to it or I'm just unlucky that it's blocking the duct and instead of going out coming back in again.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #758 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:21:00 PM »

First time I had everything except ikterus (yellowing of the skin and eyes). Basically I had a fever along with a radiating pain in the upper right quadrant in the stomach that got worse with times and lasted several hours, constipation during this time and then clay coloured stool day after. Ended up in the emergency room because the pain was unbearable and I had no idea what it was. This was around 15-16 months ago.
Second time I basically started crying, but it was only the pain and I couldn't sleep for a night. Basically a cramping pain on the upper mid-right side below the ribcage same type of pain as the first time. Got worse with time and all.

Then last week I had a milder one but it accompanied with unable to eat for days and the pain radiated to the right-back side as well. Had a flu as well the following days which only made it all worse. Last week though my whole stomach was in pain as what ever put in my mouth gave me enormous stomach ache. And then last night same but applied a heat pack and drank some lemon water and paracetamol and it was relieved in about 40-50mins. The thing is it probably went on a bit before I woke up as well as I remember feeling a discomfort in the stomach but was too tired to care until a certain point where I had to stand up and get something.

I've had ultra-sounds and all types of blood tests before, even made an gastroscopy (which btw is the most uncomfortable thing I'll ever do, except if I someday have to do a colonoscopy). Anyways, ultra-sound found one larger stone but no other stones whatsoever, and they think that is what might cause the trouble. Problem I have is that it should've been gone by now if all these attacks have been due to it or I'm just unlucky that it's blocking the duct and instead of going out coming back in again.

The bits I've bolded are what I've had this week, although thankfully not to the extent you're describing. Sounds awful, I really hope you get it sorted.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #759 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:23:29 PM »
Ask for an ultra-sound scan. Really smooth, as it takes no more than a minute or so and the ultra-sound scan will see if you have any gallstones.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #760 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:27:47 PM »
I'll see how it goes. Tbh I've felt better the last couple of days. I think my main problem is reflux, which can be worsened by the medication I take for my Raynauds.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #761 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
Ask for an ultra-sound scan. Really smooth, as it takes no more than a minute or so and the ultra-sound scan will see if you have any gallstones.

Or babies.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #762 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
I'll see how it goes. Tbh I've felt better the last couple of days. I think my main problem is reflux, which can be worsened by the medication I take for my Raynauds.

I used to have chronic reflux - it was literally constant heartburn.  I put up with it for years and lived off Rennies before finally getting it checked out and put on Omeprazole.  It stopped overnight.

Offline Flip

• General Member
« Reply #763 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:33:08 PM »

I used to have chronic reflux - it was literally constant heartburn.  I put up with it for years and lived off Rennies before finally getting it checked out and put on Omeprazole.  It stopped overnight.

:thup: I have/had helicobacter pylori inside my stomach. Had two failed anti-biotic cures and hope the last one I did in december did the job as it has really bettered, still have heartburn some random days, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #764 on: Saturday 31 January 2015, 12:42:14 PM »

:thup: I have/had helicobacter pylori inside my stomach. Had two failed anti-biotic cures and hope the last one I did in december did the job as it has really bettered, still have heartburn some random days, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

If it's better the infection's probably gone - with H. pylori if you don't get it all it'll just grow back and nothing will change.  The sphincter at the top of my stomach is just broken, so any acid was able to get up in my oesophagus.  I'd tried sorting my diet, quitting drinking, everything - turns out there was actually nothing I could have done.

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #765 on: Sunday 1 February 2015, 04:33:56 PM »
As well as indigestion and heartburn I've been getting a pain in my back when I swallow. Google tells me I have an ulcer or cancer.

firetotheworks

« Reply #766 on: Sunday 1 February 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
Has anyone else had this ridiculous cough that everyone seems to have? I cannot get rid of it, I don't have a cold and it's just phlegm but it will not f*** off and I've tried everything. It's been like a month now, everyone seems to have it as well.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #767 on: Thursday 5 February 2015, 11:42:17 PM »
Doctors in the morning. Developed a throbbing, tight pain in my left calf. Given circulation issues I always get unduly worried it's a massive clot :lol:
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #768 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 08:45:23 AM »
Doctors in the morning. Developed a throbbing, tight pain in my left calf. Given circulation issues I always get unduly worried it's a massive clot :lol:

A lass at work had something like that a few weeks ago. I had her terrified of DVT, she went to the doctors.. pulled muscle. :yao:

Hopefully yours is nothing serious, but pleased you're getting it checked out. :thup:

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #769 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
:lol: ah.

Well, it's more because the pain is kicking into back of the thigh and getting a gurgling sensation where my arteries are. It developed 5 days after my last football match but I guess it could be related... not sure...

Anyway, appointment at 10:10. Was agony last night, couldn't sleep at all!
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #770 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 09:21:47 AM »
Has anyone else had this ridiculous cough that everyone seems to have? I cannot get rid of it, I don't have a cold and it's just phlegm but it will not f*** off and I've tried everything. It's been like a month now, everyone seems to have it as well.

Me and the boy have this now. Urgh.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Ste

• General Member
« Reply #771 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 09:43:21 AM »
People around me have been getting that flu like bug, surprised I haven't so far. Got that bitch of a cough mentioned above though. Sometimes feels like it'll lead to me throwing up, lovely.

Offline Andymc1

• General Member
« Reply #772 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 10:01:03 AM »
As well as indigestion and heartburn I've been getting a pain in my back when I swallow. Google tells me I have an ulcer or cancer.

This has been me all week. Been off work all week because the pain in my stomach is unbearable. Need to get to the doctors at some point because NHS site tells me ulcer or cancer.

Offline frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #773 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
Dangerous place the internet when it comes to health/illness diagnosis. 

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #774 on: Friday 6 February 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
Dangerous place the internet when it comes to health/illness diagnosis.

Definitely - Google always goes straight to the worst case scenario. The wife is terrible for this, the slightest headache and she's convinced she has a brain tumour.  :idiot2: