Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 58358 times)

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #725 on: Sunday 4 January 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
In and out of the doctor's for the last two months with constant headaches. The bright side is that I actually have health insurance now.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #726 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 10:48:43 AM »
:/ hope you're OK mate.

I have an annoying, lingering cold.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #727 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 10:52:02 AM »
In and out of the doctor's for the last two months with constant headaches. The bright side is that I actually have health insurance now.

Cluster headaches? Or just like me, I have headaches way to often because I fall asleep on one pillow but wake up on 10 with my neck stiff and head aching as hell. Probably should put the pillows in the other rooms and just leave one for me in the room.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #728 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
Been ill all year

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #729 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 01:58:49 PM »
:lol: Same. Didn't even go out New Year and was in bed all day the 1st and 2nd, started feeling a bit better yesterday and today.
Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal: "From impending tragedy to near-triumph via the most improbable route possible - 95 minutes that neatly encapsulate 130 years of football on this particular piece of grass. Newcastle, United, will never be defeated."

Sir Bobby Robson - What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses or the marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Offline Belfast Mags

• General Member
« Reply #730 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Am I really coming out of this thread the biggest asshole again?
:snod:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #731 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 02:43:38 PM »
Been ill for last 3 days ffs.

Offline TheGuv

• General Member
« Reply #732 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 03:03:48 PM »

Been ill all year

:lol: A whole 5 days

The whole year is still a valid response!

Stop thinking you're cock of the walk cos you're back here after 3 months away

:fishing:

Offline Belfast Mags

• General Member
« Reply #733 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 05:01:15 PM »
It's good to have me back to be fair, the place just hasn't been the same in my absence  :aww:

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #734 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 05:07:51 PM »
My eight year old was being sick at night at the start of the xmas break.  She was fine through the day, and is fine when she went to sleep, but would wake through the night to be sick.  This happened for a few days, but we were told it was a bug.  She was fine over xmas and new year, but the last three nights she has been being sick again.  Eats and drinks fine and is feeling fine all day, but it always seems to be around 1.30am where she is up being sick.  She says it's when she lies flat that she starts to feel sick. It's got me a little worried to be honest, so back to the docs. Anyone had or had a little one with similar symptoms?

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #735 on: Monday 5 January 2015, 05:32:25 PM »

Cluster headaches? Or just like me, I have headaches way to often because I fall asleep on one pillow but wake up on 10 with my neck stiff and head aching as hell. Probably should put the pillows in the other rooms and just leave one for me in the room.

Nah, mine are all over. Sometimes on the sides. Sometimes in the back, etc. IT migrates around throughout the day.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #736 on: Tuesday 6 January 2015, 01:36:56 AM »
Haven't been ill for years but managed to pick up two fluey bugs in the space of a week. Dat immune system.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #737 on: Wednesday 7 January 2015, 10:40:01 AM »
Anybody on here ever had Gabapentin before?

Been prescribed it by my consultant to try and limit the never problems in my back.

Was working on 1 x 100mg capsules three times a day in January. Moved up to 300mg capsusles yesterday, only managed to take one in the morning and felt like a complete and utter space cadet for the rest of the day.

Not sure if I fancy persisting with that especially as I will have to take the 300mg capsule three times a day. I know initially you can expect some form of a reaction but actually terrified to take one again.  :o
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Ho(llo)way

• General Member
« Reply #738 on: Wednesday 7 January 2015, 10:51:09 AM »
has anyone ever suffered from nasal polyps? Lost my sense of smell almost completely and have one lodged in my nostril,like a fat slug, Disgusting things,and I am on a long holiday too,worse time ever

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #739 on: Wednesday 7 January 2015, 11:08:58 AM »
has anyone ever suffered from nasal polyps? Lost my sense of smell almost completely and have one lodged in my nostril,like a fat slug, Disgusting things,and I am on a long holiday too,worse time ever
Aye, last year had an operation to get them out, horrible things. The worst part is they generally keep coming back
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #740 on: Wednesday 7 January 2015, 01:06:51 PM »
Anybody on here ever had Gabapentin before?

Been prescribed it by my consultant to try and limit the never problems in my back.

Was working on 1 x 100mg capsules three times a day in January. Moved up to 300mg capsusles yesterday, only managed to take one in the morning and felt like a complete and utter space cadet for the rest of the day.

Not sure if I fancy persisting with that especially as I will have to take the 300mg capsule three times a day. I know initially you can expect some form of a reaction but actually terrified to take one again.  :o

Did the doc give any indication of whether you should just go straight to 3x300 or are you building up slowly? (e.g. 1x300, 2x100 for a week, 2x300, 1x100 for a week then onto the full dose). I'm not familiar with that medication but it seems a hefty increase so it's no wonder it's knocked you sideways a bit.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • ephemera
« Reply #741 on: Monday 12 January 2015, 10:30:52 PM »
Had a few unusual symptoms over the past couple of months, went to the doctor who recommended blood tests and it turns out I've got vitamin B12 and B9 deficiencies, cause unknown, which I'd better get sorted out or it'll potentially lead to nerve damage, dementia and ultimately brain damage ???  At least it explains why my requirement for sleep has gone from five hours to ten hours a night since September/October, why I'm burning through my inhalers despite my asthma having been controlled for years, and why I sometimes just run out of energy unexpectedly when I'm up in the hills.  Funny old world :undecided:

On the plus side, I haven't got anything else that blood tests routinely test for, so that's something :thup:

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #742 on: Tuesday 13 January 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
Nice one :thup: tempted to get a blood test myself. Not had a check-up in years.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #743 on: Tuesday 13 January 2015, 11:54:46 PM »
Ill is pushing it but the area just above my left knee has been involuntarily twitching for about three days now, it's absolutely doing my f***ing head in. Anyone else had this?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Belfast Mags

• General Member
« Reply #744 on: Tuesday 13 January 2015, 11:58:18 PM »
Ill is pushing it but the area just above my left knee has been involuntarily twitching for about three days now, it's absolutely doing my f***ing head in. Anyone else had this?

Erections are a real pain after three days like  :lol:

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #745 on: Wednesday 14 January 2015, 07:04:04 AM »
Do you consume alot of coffee?

I get muscle spasms when I overdo the coffee :lol:
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #746 on: Monday 26 January 2015, 09:36:26 PM »

Nah, mine are all over. Sometimes on the sides. Sometimes in the back, etc. IT migrates around throughout the day.

Got to go for an eye exam to rule that out but apparently I'm suffering from migraines. Been getting lightening flashes in my vision which are at the least very distracting, along with the usual headache symptoms but not always at the same time. The flashes happen around 20-30 times a day, at least.

I also think the way I deep sleep is at fault, just can't get it right with pillows and elevation.

Anyway the last two days I've had man flu, which has sent the migraine symptoms in to overdrive. Some crazy pressure in my head atm. Had to take off my first sick day at work for 18months, felt dead guilty, must be getting old. In bed now trying to get an early night for going back tomorrow.

Still need that sodden eye test, went to the docs two weeks ago but just not had time to chase it up.

Offline henke

• General Member
« Reply #747 on: Monday 26 January 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
I managed to drive a screwdriver into my thumb at work. It wouldn't stop bleeding so I had to put tape really tight around the base of the thumb to try and cut the blood off then tape on the wound but it kept falling off cause it was too wet. Then there was blood all over the floor so I was trying to mop it up before anyone seen. What a mare :lol: I think it needs stitching too.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #748 on: Tuesday 27 January 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
As well as indigestion and heartburn I've been getting a pain in my back when I swallow. Google tells me I have an ulcer or cancer.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • ephemera
« Reply #749 on: Tuesday 27 January 2015, 09:01:11 PM »
Dr. Google will convince you that you have cancer every time if you let him.  Must drive GPs absolutely insane.