Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 58420 times)

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #150 on: Friday 2 January 2009, 12:41:13 PM »
I've still got barely no voice and hearing (proving quite useful at work - sorry, didn't catch that? What a phone call? Oh, don't think I can..) and now my wisdom teeth have started to play up. All made far worse by the draggggggging nature of today.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #151 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
I don't know if I've chewed myself up about my exam or if it's the those shitty sleep pills I took last night but I'm coming down with some s***. Started getting blurred vision, nausea and my muscles have weakening for the last couple of hours.

f***ing typical but I'll still hall myself in a do what I can.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #152 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 07:27:12 PM »
I found a lump under the skin on my back yesterday. Off to the Dr's tomorrow.

I'm kinda wondering why I'm posting stuff like this on a forum full of people I've never met.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #153 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
You're posting it on here because you're anxious about it, which is perfectly understandable considering. Hope it turns out to be OK for you mate. :thup:

Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #154 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 07:44:13 PM »
You're posting it on here because you're anxious about it, which is perfectly understandable considering. Hope it turns out to be OK for you mate. :thup:

Thanks. To be honest I'm not that worried about it, as I'm one of those people who thinks it'll never happen to me. Hate going to the drs because I always feel I'm wasting their time.

I just need some Cath advice really :D

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #155 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 08:28:14 PM »

Thanks. To be honest I'm not that worried about it, as I'm one of those people who thinks it'll never happen to me. Hate going to the drs because I always feel I'm wasting their time.

Sebaceous cyst. Nowt to worry about honey :)

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #156 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 08:42:50 PM »
Gone from fighting fit to as bad as a bloody dog in the space of a few hours, can't stop hurling up.

It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #157 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
Came home from work 2 days ago aching all over.
Have caught that damn virus again  :dave:
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #158 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 09:17:43 PM »
Came home from work 2 days ago aching all over.
Have caught that damn virus again  :dave:

Get well soon, mate. :thup:

Myself, I've got a dodgy back - been to the osteopath twice this week... :dave:

AND - as if that wasn't enough - I have a chest infection and that Xmas cold has come back to haunt me. :rant:
It's just the same

Offline Kasper

• Best Penguin
  • General Member
  • Hello. Nice to meet you.
« Reply #159 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
I've had the flu for 3 weeks now :(

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #160 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Sunday - Started coughing
Monday - Chesty Cough. Sore Throat.
Tuesday - Chesty cough. Sore Throat. Blocked nose.
Wednesday - Death + 90 minutes in St. James' Park
Thursday - Finally starting to improve, sick to death of coughing and wheezing though :(

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #161 on: Thursday 15 January 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
I keep telling my lass that I'm dying. Her sole response to date is "You will be if you don't shut up, you moaning b******" or words to that effect.

Women...wonderful things, aren't they? :whatdidido:
It's just the same

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #162 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
I keep telling my lass that I'm dying. Her sole response to date is "You will be if you don't shut up, you moaning b******" or words to that effect.

In fact, THIS is pretty much just like me at the moment. :sadnod:

It's just the same

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #163 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 01:53:39 PM »
Bad as a dog, muscle cramps/weakness, vision is blurred, have a splitting headache and I have to visit the bathroom every so often to hoy by up what now must be the lining of my stomach.

Hopefully it's viral and shouldn't last more than another 24 hours.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #164 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 02:17:55 PM »

am i the only one to find her (daisy haggard) strangely shaggable ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #165 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 02:26:06 PM »

Nope, id definitely give her one.

Class vid btw GM :lol:
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #166 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 02:31:10 PM »

Nope, id definitely give her one.

Class vid btw GM :lol:

I'd definitely let her stroke my forehead and call me a "poor little bunny".  O0
It's just the same

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #167 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 03:46:01 PM »

Aren't they usually quite small though?

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #168 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 05:16:55 PM »

Not necessarily. We incise and drain some whoppers. How big is it?

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #169 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 05:29:47 PM »

Not necessarily. We incise and drain some whoppers. How big is it?

5.5cm x 4.5cm according to the doctor who "doesn't know what it is, but it might just be fatty tissue".

Got to go back in 10 days, but she says it's too big to take out if there's no need. Got some anti-biotics to see if it takes the swelling down.

Whilst you're around, I also asked her about hay-fever and asthma, as I go back every year and they never give me any help. I explained that I've tried everything, from herbal remedies to all of the over the counter stuff. She printed me an article off the internet! to explain what hayfever was, and it's only when I asked her about injections that she started to take me seriously. She says I can go back when the hayfever starts and they'll think about letting me have the injections.

Do you think it's worth it? I think it's better than having to take days off work ill.

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #170 on: Friday 16 January 2009, 05:52:05 PM »

5.5cm x 4.5cm according to the doctor who "doesn't know what it is, but it might just be fatty tissue".

Got to go back in 10 days, but she says it's too big to take out if there's no need. Got some anti-biotics to see if it takes the swelling down.

Whilst you're around, I also asked her about hay-fever and asthma, as I go back every year and they never give me any help. I explained that I've tried everything, from herbal remedies to all of the over the counter stuff. She printed me an article off the internet! to explain what hayfever was, and it's only when I asked her about injections that she started to take me seriously. She says I can go back when the hayfever starts and they'll think about letting me have the injections.

Do you think it's worth it? I think it's better than having to take days off work ill.

It's definitely worth reading up on and giving it serious consideration. I don't know a great deal about it but I'll see what I can find out for you. Have you ever heard of or tried the 'eating local honey' thing for hayfever? If not, I'll get Marc to reply to you later on cos it's worked wonders for him.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #171 on: Saturday 17 January 2009, 01:55:43 PM »

It's definitely worth reading up on and giving it serious consideration. I don't know a great deal about it but I'll see what I can find out for you. Have you ever heard of or tried the 'eating local honey' thing for hayfever? If not, I'll get Marc to reply to you later on cos it's worked wonders for him.

Yeah, I did the honey thing, mixing it with some kind of powder. Think it worked better than most things, but it cost an absolute fortune.

Offline Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #172 on: Saturday 17 January 2009, 02:51:26 PM »
Sunday - Started coughing
Monday - Chesty Cough. Sore Throat.
Tuesday - Chesty cough. Sore Throat. Blocked nose.
Wednesday - Death + 90 minutes in St. James' Park
Thursday - Finally starting to improve, sick to death of coughing and wheezing though :(

Friday - Was even worse, took a second day off work
Saturday - Throat has stopped hurting! But everything else does. Woke up during the night and had one of those surreal experiences where you think something is happening when it really isn't. My phlegm is a lovely dark green, and I should really get out of bed because I want to watch Soccer Saturday. However my legs feel like jelly.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #173 on: Saturday 17 January 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
Shay Given.

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Walk with Elias
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday 20 January 2009, 01:48:55 PM »