Author Topic: Who's ill?  (Read 54944 times)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Who's ill?
« Reply #50 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:40:07 pm »
So which personality is on this evening then David?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #51 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:44:40 pm »
I've got raging tonsillitis, swollen glands, earache, headache and a stiff neck. I'm thoroughly miserable and feeling sorry for myself.

So there.

Get well soon Cath. :)

f***ing man flu.  :weep:

Get a grip, 2J. :hmm:

Thank you babe.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:44:45 pm »
Which personality tonight, 2J? The one I always have. Just me.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #53 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:45:33 pm »
The one I always have. Just me.

I'm going to be in Barcelona next week. Do you want some photies of the Grilla?

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:49:03 pm »

That's a sweet offer Cath, but I'm hoping to be over in Barcelona in March. That said, I'm always happy to see photos of monkeys, gorillas, etc. Always nice to see the family. :)

It's just the same

lankybellwipe

« Reply #55 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:49:51 pm »

I'd like some photies of a nice paella, so that Keef can truly appreciate the food, and then make one, and show us all!

Cos frankly, i love the quaint innocence of home cooking, over some of the tripe we (mainly me) post on here

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #56 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:54:16 pm »

I'd like some photies of a nice paella, so that Keef can truly appreciate the food, and then make one, and show us all!

Cos frankly, i love the quaint innocence of home cooking, over some of the tripe we (mainly me) post on here

I shall take paella photies. And grilla ones.

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:56:55 pm »
I'll have a one of little Leo Messi if you see him purlease.  :angel:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 09:57:05 pm »
Looked at ours yet?

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #59 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 10:01:53 pm »
I'll have a one of little Leo Messi if you see him purlease.  :angel:

Certainly blueyes.gif

Dave - yes! I did get to see them in the end and they're lovely. Looked lovely and warm aswell :lol:

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #60 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 10:29:16 pm »
Jonny, do you want me to ask Messi how he feels now that he's no longer a stunted-growthed-midget-mong?

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 10:31:31 pm »
Jonny, do you want me to ask Messi how he feels now that he's no longer a stunted-growthed-midget-mong?

I was wondering how long that would take.  :dave:

David Goldblatt

Offline catmag

• General Member
  • Cat Lady
« Reply #62 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 10:35:56 pm »

About 3 years of growth hormones wasn't it?  :iamatwat:

O0

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Friday 15 February 2008, 10:38:17 pm »

About 3 years of growth hormones wasn't it?  :iamatwat:

O0

:explode:

David Goldblatt

Online Ashley17

• General Member
  • Duff11
« Reply #64 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 06:35:11 am »
Don't think I've ever been as ill as I am right now, had a chesty cough start yesterday which became a fully fledged cold. Stupidly went for a drink yesterday in said state and managed one bottle before my chest started to ache, so did the sensible thing and left to walk home. This raised further problems when I had to stop every couple of minutes to catch my breath, and I also realised my legs and back were aching. Eventually got in and went straight to bed, where I lay wheezing for about 3 hours before having those damn "Cold dreams" where some crazy s*** happens and you have no idea what is going on. And now its 6 in the f***ing morning.
« Last Edit: Friday 14 March 2008, 07:09:06 am by Duff11 »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #65 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 06:57:02 am »
Exact same happening to me. :undecided:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 12:00:00 pm »
I have ANOTHER Gaestro (sp?) infection. I catch these things like they are going out of fashion! I am sure my work think I am making up, Jons off sick, phones up and surprise surprise its a Gaestro infection!

Not allowed to eat solids for a while :unsure:

Offline Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 12:02:52 pm »
Don't think I've ever been as ill as I am right now, had a chesty cough start yesterday which became a fully fledged cold. Stupidly went for a drink yesterday in said state and managed one bottle before my chest started to ache, so did the sensible thing and left to walk home. This raised further problems when I had to stop every couple of minutes to catch my breath, and I also realised my legs and back were aching. Eventually got in and went straight to bed, where I lay wheezing for about 3 hours before having those damn "Cold dreams" where some crazy s*** happens and you have no idea what is going on. And now its 6 in the f***ing morning.

Take some paracetamol, try to keep eating+drinking and wait it out.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 04:43:31 pm »
I have ANOTHER Gaestro (sp?) infection. I catch these things like they are going out of fashion! I am sure my work think I am making up, Jons off sick, phones up and surprise surprise its a Gaestro infection!

Not allowed to eat solids for a while :unsure:

Gastro, by the way. O0
It's just the same

Offline Cajun

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 06:29:23 pm »
Cheers :D

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 06:34:01 pm »
Phantom infection if you ask me, to deter away from his real infection.

David Goldblatt

Offline Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 06:36:42 pm »
Being out in the rain on Monday f***ed me something rotten. On wednesday I started the day off fine, but by midday my whole body just went mental. My eyes wouldn't stop watering, my nose wouldn't stop running, I couldn't feel my hands, feet or face, I couldn't stop shaking, couldn't breathe properly and I turned blue.

Today, I was fine and back to work  :idiot2:

Offline NE6

• General Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #72 on: Friday 14 March 2008, 08:57:14 pm »
Being out in the rain on Monday f***ed me something rotten. On wednesday I started the day off fine, but by midday my whole body just went mental. My eyes wouldn't stop watering, my nose wouldn't stop running, I couldn't feel my hands, feet or face, I couldn't stop shaking, couldn't breathe properly and I turned blue.

Today, I was fine and back to work  :idiot2:

keep off the brown!

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 17 April 2008, 10:48:37 am »
Had a bad virus last week, i seem to have it back, was sick about an hour ago and since ive been shivering alot, either because im cold or there is something really wrong with me :( No one else was complaining about being cold this morning, and i wasnt cold before i was sick :( Bad times, had to cancel a meeting with my lecturer and work placement employer aswell, i reckon the later hates me as ive only been once this and last week with this fecking virus, hes never believing me! :(

Offline Happy Face

• General Member
  • The forum equivalent of Arnie in T2
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 17 April 2008, 11:58:58 am »
I'm the illest mutha fucka on the block.